"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 17, 2024, 10:41:19 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: I need SERIOUS help with surviving.  (Read 2100 times)

I need SERIOUS help with surviving.
« on: July 27, 2010, 05:12:27 pm »

How you guys survive that good?
I just shoveled shit like hour and got over 2000 caps. then i bought a gun, ammo for it and sledgehammer.
I putted them into my tent, but then when i was leaving, ReS (guy that has stolen veery many caps from me) somehow got into my tent and killed me then took everything from me and left lots of shits and only 24 caps.
So yeah, how you survive so good?

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
Re: I need SERIOUS help with surviving.
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 05:17:29 pm »

When you run out of NCR, look at the left-side of your screen on the World map. You should see your user-name in green. Check to see if there is anybody below your name. If there is, that means that someone is following you, or has "tagged" you.

You can hold-left-click their name and click the big side-ways arrow, that will drop them out of your party. Always be cautious of who is following you.

You can check out all of the survival guides in the Events section, but other than that, my tip is to create a crafting/combat character as a first character.

Tag skills:
-Small guns, since it will be the easiest for you to make,
-Science, for Small Guns profession and making Minerals/Metal Parts,
-Repair, for profession.

You'll be able to start easily making your own guns and ammo, use those guns to level-up and trade with.

And also, you can make a jacked-up Unarmed build, those are always fun. You can start quickly leveling-up as soon as you leave your underground hideout in the beginning.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 05:28:52 pm by Dishonest Abe »
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 05:19:59 pm »

You made some good first steps, you had a gun and a tent. Now you have a tent
you need to watch out for followers, especially when you leave crowded towns like NCR.
When your char leaves a town and enters worldmap, you can see followers on the lower
right side of the screen, their name will ne shown unders yours. Just use right click and kick
them out of your travel group, to make sure they dont follow to your tent.

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 05:20:47 pm »

You made some good first steps, you had a gun and a tent. Now you have a tent
you need to watch out for followers, especially when you leave crowded towns like NCR.
When your char leaves a town and enters worldmap, you can see followers on the lower
right side of the screen, their name will ne shown unders yours. Just use right click and kick
them out of your travel group, to make sure they dont follow to your tent.

left, not right

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 06:03:02 pm »

well thanks all, i gotta start shoveling again.
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2010, 07:03:51 pm »

Or rather than shoveling for ages, if you have 40% first aid just gather flowers and use fixboy to make healing powders.
Each is around 40 caps and if you save a bulk of them you can get hefty amount of caps, thats what i did a lot at start.

Other option if you cant make powders is to shovel untill you can buy the 60 caps sledgehammer, then mine at some guarded mine
and either sell iron ore/minerals (if you cant craft them into gunpowder/metal parts) or if you can, turn them into previously mentioned items and sell
them for 120 caps each metal part/ 60 caps each gunpowder. Do note that the ores are heavy, REALLY heavy.

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2010, 07:22:24 pm »

You just need to get caps somehow.. shoveling more shit or then go to HUB caravan lifting and get 200 caps and 50 exp.
Or mining and make something ammo/weapons and sell them.

And about that tent robbery... Just check everytime that no-one follows you.
And also get friends :)

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2010, 07:38:05 pm »

Yeah, shoveling shit is about the most unproductive thing in the game.

Edit: But picking up the shit with your hands, then placing it on the head of your victim.... priceless.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 07:51:18 pm by Dishonest Abe »
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!

Ned Logan

• chaotic good/neutral
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2010, 07:39:32 pm »

Also make a knife and get some fibers from them and from that using workbench make ropes which you can sell good.
Another thing which pays well and is easy to make are throwing knives.

Never shovel shit.

runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2010, 09:31:52 pm »

If you are "trustable" one guy i can maybe help you ;)
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2010, 09:39:43 am »

You just need to get caps somehow.. shoveling more shit or then go to HUB caravan lifting and get 200 caps and 50 exp.
Or mining and make something ammo/weapons and sell them.

You can also gather wood and junk and make 10mm pistols for sale (and xp), although you're better of simply making Brass Knuckles from junk.
That gives you more xp and probably more money as you only need to gather junk instead of junk and wood.
If you don't mind the small loss (30 caps) and have 40 science, go mining.
Make metal parts and gunpowder, from 1 metal parts and 6 gunpowder you can make 50 10mm JHP or 50 shotgun shells.
They sell for 9 each, which nets you 450 at Buster, Sha Enin, Mira and Dusty.
You also get 100 xp for crafting them and can craft 7 batches before your cooldown is too high to craft more.
I prefer this option over any other to make caps as it also gets you a nice amount of xp.
Especially at the lower levels, 700 xp is a lot.

As for NCR, which is where ReS. does his tagging, make a habit out of leaving at Vortis (northern part).
Don't trust anyone who's standing with a gun near the exit grid at NCR bazar.
Almost all of them are tent followers.
When entering the world map, wait a few seconds to check for followers.
If you have 1 or more followers, tag them red first (left click their name and click the angry face) before you kick them from your group.

On a side note, people offering "free taxi service" in NCR are often pk too.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 09:43:47 am by HertogJan »

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2010, 12:14:09 pm »

Edit: But picking up the shit with your hands, then placing it on the head of your victim.... priceless.

HUMILIATION! (quake sound needed)

Lol. Always carrying shit? :P
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 21 queries.