"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 24, 2024, 11:26:44 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: FOnline: 2238 under MAC OS X  (Read 36989 times)

Re: FOnline: 2238 under MAC OS X
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2010, 05:08:07 pm »

By the way,i can add that after a wipe with a blinking screen problem has disappeared. At the same Wine 1.2. :D
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2010, 10:12:40 pm »

I gonna share my experience with getting it running under OSX.
My machine is an intel macbook with Leopard 10.5.7

I have ehrr... donwloaded a copy of Crossover, but ended up using a modification of it called Crossover Games (both 9.1). I don't think there is any difference, however.

So, first I opened my newly ehrrr... acquired copy of Crossover and opened the installer via "CrossOver Software Installer". It installed fine in a new xp bottle, but the Fonline 2238 Launcher (the only app that showed up in Crossover's application folder) did not run.

Then I tried running different exe's from the Fonline folder via "Run command" function (right-click on the icon of CrossOver in dock, choose run command, then chose the bottle from which you want to run an exe). Nothing worked, and the launcher returned an error asking me to install the windows version of Mono to run .NET exes or something like that.

Instead of installing Mono I went back to the "CrossOver Software Installer", and installed Microsoft NET frameworks 1.1 and 2.0 (it's under Runtime Support Components, crossover downloads them on its own; install in a new bottle).

After that running exes via "Run Command" worked. I could open Config.exe and Fonline.exe, however, I still cannot use the Launcher :)

The game runs fine, there are some distortions (apparently more of them in full-screen than in windowed mode), but overall it's alright.

So, that's my story. Hopefully, somebody will find it helpful.

BTW, yes, I tried using wine, but for installation it required XCode, and I lost my installation CD a long time ago and I am not a part Apple Developer Program (that costs 99$). So there was no legal way for me to get XCode and run Wine, so that is why I went with crossover. If I have to (ehrrr...) spend money, then I'd rather spend it on a working product than on a product that can help me run another open-source program.
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2010, 01:57:16 pm »

I running MacBook Pro Leopard 10.5.8.

Known issue with textures.

Guys, if anyone get issues with the graphics (I mean textures flashing or some other kind of problems) - try to launch FOConfig.exe, then go to the Video section. Set Cache Sprites to 100, then set Texture Size to 2048. It works fine to me, so you can try this resolution too. Cheers. ;)
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2010, 03:16:31 am »

I running MacBook Pro Leopard 10.5.8.

Known issue with textures.

Guys, if anyone get issues with the graphics (I mean textures flashing or some other kind of problems) - try to launch FOConfig.exe, then go to the Video section. Set Cache Sprites to 100, then set Texture Size to 2048. It works fine to me, so you can try this resolution too. Cheers. ;)
Worked for me.

Thank you, kind sir :)
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2010, 06:32:33 am »

If you guys are having any problems with the config, make sure that your FOnline bottle is the Default Bottle, by going Configure > Manage Bottles then click on the FOnline bottle on the left, and on the right under the tab "Advanced" click "Make This the Default Bottle". Now, any .exe you run, will run under that bottle. I find that clicking on the config once makes it jump in the Icon on the bar, but it stops, but if you do it a second or third time, it'll run.
under MAC OS X
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2011, 11:10:26 am »

:)   First thing we need is to start with a slaver build. The slaver build will be pretty different for every role you wanna play in the game. Let me show some basic builds.
Standard pistol guy build (I took a perk here that's especially useful when you're taking Ghoul Crazies with sniper rifles.)
This guys doesn't crit much and does not have super duper damage, but he can shoot up to five times before having to "reload" his AP. If you wish you can remove two points from agi and add them to perception, it will increase your sight range a lot, for cost of attack speed.

Reiniat

• Humanhunter
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2011, 05:35:39 am »

i wish to know if there are any posibility of run Fonline into a Power Mac OS X V.10.4.11, please, because my other computer get very fucked off (it fall from his desk in a recent earthquake) and i only have this mac, if someone can help me, i do everything for play this game
can the game work in a power pc? NO
NO
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 08:36:18 pm by Reiniat »
Current char: Oblivion, Oceansoul, Black Tears

Sorry for my bad english
Quote from: Santa Anna
Any action or inaction in a position of power will always grant you enemies
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2012, 06:04:28 pm »

Hi all,

I found out about FOnline yesterday. I just can say WOW!!

I tried already alot to get it running on OSX 10.6.8.
After i managed to install it with crossover. Then several hours later the updater was willing to work.
I have now the Problem of not having a DataFiles2238.cfg and having FO2238Config.exe that doesn't seem to run. (FOnline.exe runs properly, i can make changes and save them.)

So I am looking for the bits of code i need to write a DataFiles2238.cfg with textwranger and save it in the bottle. If thats possible at all?
Here's the 2 lines in my DataFiles2238.cfg that i created in windows7 with the FO2238Config.exe:
Code: [Select]
C:\Games\FOnline\master.dat
C:\Games\FOnline\critter.dat

– Could it be that FO2238Config.exe is not working because it was updated and not originally installed with crossover? Does it give something like to set rights within Crossover-bottles, which exes have permission to run?

did anybody manage to get the Launcher or FOnlineGL running with crossover?
or a working fullscreen mode?

Thanks for any help!  :D

« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 05:56:49 pm by komaklos »
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2013, 04:09:37 am »

OMG, I'm so bad at this. If there is someone out there that could help me..... please say so, I really want to play this on mac! WE CAN USE CREEN SHARE.

Wipe

• Rotator
  • Random is god
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2013, 07:23:31 am »

Mac OS X support for FOnline just started (first related commits in SDK repo are just month old, that's blink of eye in FOSDK world), so i guess you're on your own (read: including other OS X users) with tries to run FOnline~

If you feel like you can help with improving OS X support, you may try to contact with cvet (lead programmer) on FOnline main site. Best if you have enough knowledge about your system to actually help with fixing current issues (whatever they are) and you're stubborn enough to do whatever it takes to identify/smash/workaround them - speaking from own experience now, after moving from Windows to Linux ;)
Games are meant to be created, not played...
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.106 seconds with 18 queries.