"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 07:21:16 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Bolt Cutters: Removing Locks  (Read 1182 times)

Signor

• Hairy Potter
Bolt Cutters: Removing Locks
« on: July 26, 2010, 04:13:38 am »

Right now if you lock a container then happen to lose the key(s) your pretty much forced to call someone in to have them replace the lock with a new one, and even then you may not want to bother with locking containers anymore or you may only want to lock certain containers temporarily, etc.

Hence I suggest Bolt Cutters.

Now they would be used to permenantly remove crafted locks on containers/lockers only, this way you have the option to get rid of locks and would make lock use abit more likely either on a temporary or permenant basis.
Now crafting them should have a lockpicking requirement and the exact materials required for it shouldn't be too expensive probably abit more then a expanded lockpick set should be.
As for actually using them I'd suggest that it's success be dependant on the user's lockpicking skills, so obviously a higher value of lockpicking will greatly increase the chances and dictate what quality of lock you could remove, even then it could be possible that if it's too easy that it may require multiple successful attempts on higher quality locks before they break or somehting like that.

Would certainly be a useful addition especially if someone goes crazy inside a base with a couple locks and hopefully it would breathe some life back in to the lockpicking skill.
Scientists will eventualy stop flailing around with solar power and focus their efforts on harnessing the only truly unlimited source of energy on the planet: stupidity! ~ Scott Adams

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
Re: Bolt Cutters: Removing Locks
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 10:17:22 am »

Also make it like a vandalizing thing against whoever's lock it is.

Like lets say this dude has a merc or two one outside building one inside watching the container.

If you use the bolt cutter the merc will shoot you, if you use a lockpick set, and fails, he will shoot.

If you use lockpick skill and succeed he will not shoot.

Of course we would need this to be illegal in gaurded towns to prevent fuck-ups.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.488 seconds with 22 queries.