"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 13, 2024, 03:54:50 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Fallout Hardcore Style?  (Read 9257 times)

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
Re: Fallout Hardcore Style?
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2010, 10:01:03 am »

You can't save Fallout 2 from the munchkin thing. In Reno, you'll be able to fight 15-20 enemies at once, and as soon as you are in NCR, your enemies will wear CA (Darion's bodyguards), which means you simply can't just run there in a leather jacket. The main problem is only a "lack" of content in northern towns. However, as you said the problem mainly lies around New Reno. If it's not possible to edit rancom encounters there, I guess we can't do much about it... Removing good armors from northern traders might be a good start.

I heard modders like Brother Soifran were working on mods where you could be a farmer, so I guess we'll have to wait for that.
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2010, 09:27:13 am »

i never played whit drugs no fallout, not even 3,drugs sux

never used drugs in FO too(exept 1 time when i used mentantss to enter BoS)

TuX

« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2010, 12:35:07 am »

While playing Fallout Tactics on multiplayer I created a HTH warrior and fed him up to his ears with psycho and gave him some mutagen as well. That thing was a walking tank, especially in a metal armour. He took SAW bursts to the chest with 1,2 hp of damage at best.

What I want to say drugs are fun.

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2010, 07:12:59 am »

Are you using Killap's Restoration Project?

I was thinking of a small suggestion: never use Doctor/First Aid unless you got Doctor's Bag/First Aid Kit.

As for the food thing you said, well you can buy Jerky in Klamath, Iguana in NCR... you can stick to a simple rule: eat at least once or twice each day, so if got to do a long trip from one town to another, you'll have to buy food to survive. You can do the same with driks: remember you can get Nuka Cola from the vending machines.

I never tried the Iron Man mode. I might try it now after reading all these suggestions which make the game a lot more hardcore.
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 18 queries.