"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 26, 2024, 03:26:16 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Use 2 account and get jail  (Read 3200 times)

Use 2 account and get jail
« on: January 12, 2010, 06:56:18 pm »

Welcome Izual,

You recently jailed for a few minutes ago I used the second account at first. But I have some issues you need to ask questions, hope you can answer:

_ How do you determine I use two accounts?
_ If my brother and I use a personal computer and a laptop computer, the material is a violation or not? (Level of IT for my not very good)
_ If I create a new character and want to move the item from the old characters to new characters, then why? If you use two characters new and old to make a tent for both the computer material is a violation or not?

Thank you for explaining the problems.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 06:58:25 pm by godmode »

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
Re: Use 2 account and get jail
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 07:02:02 pm »

Hello,

- I only saw Godmode and the other char had the same IP, so I deduced you were either the same player or two different from the same house, but as you didn't say you were two persons, and actually acted like an alt (Always one moving at a time), I deduced again you were the same person.
- The general rule about alting is : One character per player at a time. So you can play with your brother from two different computers, yes.
- If you alt for a minute, like to create a tent, it's still a violation, but your chances to get caught are very low =p So I would say in that particular case it is okay to dual-log.
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2010, 07:18:24 pm »

Hi Izual,

I forget to take a case to be asked:

_ My brother playing mr amazing character and he just like craft armor, he is a programmer and game play is quite small but he used the character Mr. Amazing just to train mineral / repair item / craft armor for I use.

_ Does this action of the system you have mistaken us into infringing?

You know, my brother uses a program referred to now he can exploit minerals and repair the damaged item to our team. This action does not need too many tasks and if there are only a few seconds for an operation. If you rely on the IP system can be mistaken that this is a case of violation.

Hope you can give us more specific answers. If this is violated, perhaps we must use two different internet providers so you can play games more comfortable (omg my money). Fake IP may be a different solution should be considered.

I and my brother very love Fallout, we hope u can answer soon

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2010, 07:27:29 pm »

Well, if you and your brother play in the same house, we - jailers - can remember that you are not to jail, so it would be ok.
Just let me know if we meet again in-game, I'll be happy to test you two and add you to some sort of "white list".
But the character I have jailed earlier was an alt, right ?
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2010, 07:35:38 pm »

not really, in my country, now is 1:33 AM, but when u jail godmode, my brother just let me control both of them (godmode and great shot) and he go to dinner room to get 2 beer for us (we just happy because he got new work ^^)

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2010, 08:35:58 pm »

Ok, I'll investigate it as soon as I'm in-game =p (Congratulations to your brother ;P).
My Youtube channel.

- J.E. Sawyer

Aricvomit

• Prepare for bowel disruption
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2010, 09:16:45 pm »

You know, my brother uses a program referred to now he can exploit minerals and repair the damaged item to our team. This action does not need too many tasks and if there are only a few seconds for an operation. If you rely on the IP system can be mistaken that this is a case of violation

uuuuummmm, im kind of wondering what do you mean your brother uses a program to exploit minerals? like a mining bot?
plasma nade your face off!

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2010, 09:17:44 pm »

I thought he was talking about that kind of programs.
My Youtube channel.

- J.E. Sawyer

Aricvomit

• Prepare for bowel disruption
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2010, 09:27:37 pm »

i dont see how a cool down timer exploits anything, by defintion an exploit is something that gives you an unfair advantage, as far as i can tell having a timer for a cooldown isnt really an exploit. i mean i have a clock on my computer, it does the same thing.....
plasma nade your face off!
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2010, 02:18:51 am »

uuuuummmm, im kind of wondering what do you mean your brother uses a program to exploit minerals? like a mining bot?
My brother uses a program called Cd notifier that he down from this forum. You can find it in the Tools and Modifications.

@ Izual: 1 to 2 days, my brother can't be online for your test (new work, etc....). But i think we can fake IP for his laptop computer or use the wireless network neighbors.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 02:21:20 am by godmode »
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.103 seconds with 22 queries.