"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 02:15:29 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Colorized names in world map encounter window  (Read 1981 times)

Colorized names in world map encounter window
« on: July 03, 2010, 02:41:16 am »

It would be nice if, instead of a Red name of the wastelander you find, it would fetch your NameColorizing list.

Food for thought.
Re: Awareness with Outdoor wastelander encounters
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2010, 10:43:36 pm »

lol and a level and hitpoints gear etc.. i mean realistically we are standing there watching them in combat and we get the decision to walk away or not... we arent just looking at a shadow in the background whom we know the name to.

It would increase the amount of pking in the waste but thats the goddamn game, its harsh fuck it.

But on the bright side! We will be able to help out bluesuits in the middle of the wasteland... oh ive encounter rats raiders and Lalapalooza the 3rd... hes a level 1 bluesuit 10 hp left... I guess I should run in there and help him out so he doesnt get himself killed!

Or hey! Theres a level 21 BGunner here... injured and almost dead :) Here I  come asshole! Get ready to be killed by a noob with a mausser muhahahahahahhah... outdoorsman and awareness + luck should determine whether or not you find more or less information...ie.

A character with 10 luck 200 OUtdoorsman and awareness with get a 80% chance at seeing everything about the player he just encountered. Or fragments. Howver hes guarranteed to see the name and a quick description of his Hp such as. Wounded, Severly Wounded Unhurt etc etc etc.

However a character with 1 luck and 25 outdoorsman with or without awareness will only see a name if they are lucky. If not then they get an "Unknown Wastelander", he looks weak, tough, average, bad-ass, or looks like a timid child...

Maybe just add another rank to awareness? THat grants us all the other info we dont know about a player we are looking at. Ie. Ammo Type. Stats maybe. Faction. Weak status or not etc...  Action Points, blah blah... critical chance... etc

Owner of FOnline 2258! A true Fallout inspired adventure!
http://bit.ly/3syLeTp
http://www.fonline2258.com
Re: Awareness with Outdoor wastelander encounters
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2010, 03:13:26 pm »

nope. just asking for a simple namecolorizing

JovankaB

Colorized names in world map encounter window
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2010, 12:52:41 pm »

A picture is worth a thousand words, so...

Basically my idea is for player name colors on WM use colors from friend/enemy system and ColorizedNames.txt. The default color should be gray, just like the default color of player name visible with F6. Of course if you couldn't see player names, only "Wastelander", the color should be green like the rest of the message.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 01:02:07 pm by JovankaB »

Cha

• Lawyer for Great Justice.
    • TTTLA FORUM
Re: Colorized names in world map encounter window
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2010, 12:57:17 pm »

Excellent.

Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2010, 12:58:19 pm »

I say... YES!!! umm... not much to comment here lol.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

oldsly

• Погибаю, но не сдаюсь
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2010, 01:00:16 pm »

trifle, but it's nice.
Thank you for your work
СЛОВО-ИСТИНЕ, ДУША-БОГУ, ДОЛГ-ОТЕЧЕСТВУ, СЕРДЦЕ-ЖЕНЩИНЕ, ЧЕСТЬ-НИКОМУ
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2010, 03:56:46 pm »

JovankaB

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2010, 07:52:55 pm »

awww... SORRY  ;D Threads merged :P
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 07:54:43 pm by JovankaB »
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2010, 07:56:22 pm »

Any namecolorizing should be removed from this game as it only supports swarms composed of several gangs.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 27 queries.