"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 07, 2024, 05:29:59 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Choosen one - modeling and discussion  (Read 18863 times)

Re: Choosen one - modeling and discussion
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2010, 08:47:47 pm »

he has shotgun in hand...  ::)
no Wez no fun...
http://rudo-brody.pl/uploads/2011-12-24_0012.png
everyday my english loose 1point :/
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2010, 01:53:44 am »

Very good progress. Few little tweaks and voila. Ready, customizable, choosen one-male model :P
What'd we need more? Animators, texturers and well... More people who wanna contribute. As for now, only baaelSiljan and few other Poles are making such amazing things.

EDIT: Ah, yes. My first try with weapons (in Wings3d) - 15minutes of work.

Model was intended to take more from F2 art (F3 10mm is just for comparison) and lack of details(Which is intended. It will be so little that those are really unnecessary)

You can find a little more tries in our Polish section:
http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=884.msg11477#new

EDIT:
New One

http://i45.tinypic.com/2v2yz4j.jpg
HK G-11
130-150polys.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 03:05:01 pm by SmartCheetah »
Don't call me your brother
'cause I ain't your fucking brother.
We fell from different cunts,
and your skins an ugly color!
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2010, 02:15:20 am »

Is there nothing salvageable from the Van Buren tech demo for this kind of thing? I have no idea if the models would match the art style or not.
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2010, 04:11:36 am »

style doesnt really match, badger.
here is link to all van buren resources that have been exported from game files.
http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=52696
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2010, 04:35:11 am »

I'd still like to see the player models somehow crowbarred into F2, just to be sure. It is motivated by my wild desperation.

I was rereading the old Van Buren design docs because of this thread, and then you link me to this.

I am now a pretty sad dude. I will never get over this game.

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2010, 05:23:07 pm »

No progress from me this time due to my IRL qualification, but i found something interesting for rendering frames in Blender.
http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=4307.0

However, i would also consider using SpriteForge for taking frames, instead of setting cameras up. It's free up to 2500 pixels.

I'd still like to see the player models somehow crowbarred into F2, just to be sure. It is motivated by my wild desperation.

We could recolor Blue Pajama into Tibbets Inmate Garb - so you know where some players come from. :D
Apropos recoloring. Would it be simpler to work with frames, if they will be placed onto one spritemap, instead of editing every single GIF layer?

Also, i found a tool for converting gifs to spritemaps.
http://stevedunns.blogspot.com/2007/02/tool-for-converting-animated-gifs-to.html

« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 05:29:06 pm by Alvarez »

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2010, 07:33:20 pm »

Simple recoloring critters will not work. Many people tried already and there has never been very good results.

Alvarez

« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2010, 07:53:07 pm »

Simple recoloring critters will not work. Many people tried already and there has never been very good results.

Did they tried to overlap colours and recolour them on one sheet? (To be honest, i haven't tried it out with Fallout palette yet.)

Besides, i think that working on one layer, like copypasting body parts will be easier, but it will be a hassle to cut the frames back into right size.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 09:10:04 pm by Alvarez »

Ghosthack

• Rotator
  • Bytecruncher
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2010, 09:18:13 pm »

It doesn't change the fact that for each simple recolor, there's a dat needed, and the size can get big rather quickly, so 3D really is the way to go. critter frms aren't fun to work with unless you're a masochist.

Alvarez

« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2010, 10:30:46 pm »

It doesn't change the fact that for each simple recolor, there's a dat needed, and the size can get big rather quickly, so 3D really is the way to go. critter frms aren't fun to work with unless you're a masochist.

Wait, you don't mean about setting FOnline on 3d engine?  :o

In current case, i don't deny that new critters with complex frame art require a more efficient creation method. A rigged 3d model with replaceable textures is, in this case, an ideal solution. But it doesn't remove the necessity of postprocessing the render images into the frame animation.
I believe, it would be more convenient to work with a spritesheet instead of single layers.

Plus, i offer you a solution to recolor the whole frame set in one passage for such colour-homogeneuos image, as in this case, a Bluesuit. The result could be seen in my previous post and can provide some colour diversity for the start. I'll try to make some more at Sunday.

And that's by throwing all frames together on one sheet, replace the colours, cut it down again in frames and import. It's still much less work than working on each single frame, switching between layers.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 10:35:54 pm by Alvarez »

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2010, 10:35:38 pm »

it would be so sweet to be a redsuit at default, would make a whole lot more variation if it would be possible.

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1

Ghosthack

• Rotator
  • Bytecruncher
« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2010, 10:48:02 pm »

Wait, you don't mean about setting FOnline on 3d engine?  :o

It's already a 3D engine, or 2.5D if you will. Just because you have a 2D plane doesn't mean you can't use 3D models there.
« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2010, 01:02:50 am »

It's already a 3D engine, or 2.5D if you will. Just because you have a 2D plane doesn't mean you can't use 3D models there.

and I guess soon be official info about that. but You are already playing on 3d engine, without models.
no Wez no fun...
http://rudo-brody.pl/uploads/2011-12-24_0012.png
everyday my english loose 1point :/
« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2010, 07:19:33 am »

Just as long as you guys don't crash my 8mb video card. Nice blank model, I'm excited to see what characters you design.

Alvarez

« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2010, 01:06:43 pm »

That was surprising for me, i thought, you were just emulating the Fallout engine. But at least i know now what you mean.

Heck, that would really simplify a lot. I guess i can scrap my antiquated frames.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 18 queries.