"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 01, 2024, 10:32:12 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: NCR gates  (Read 846 times)

ShemsuHor

• I don't like the drugs but the drugs like me
NCR gates
« on: July 07, 2010, 02:01:18 pm »

How many of you got killed by the guards in ncr just because you forgot to holster your weapon? Well it almost happened to me today and i though that it could...more obvious to remind players about those guns.
There is a gate at the entrance to the city, the entrance can have a force field(like at Westins ranch) that force field could work as a metal detector at airfields. Whenever an armed man walks through it, it would sound an alarm and turn red, but still wont block the way into the city. So anyone who forgot to put his weapon away, and have no intention to use it within the walls would have the gates remind him that he's packin'. The guards would still react to the weapon in hand, but that guy will have one more warning thanks to the gate. What do you think?
Dont' hate the game- hate the player..killers
Re: NCR gates
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 02:05:07 pm »

The red text over the guard's heads isn't clear enough as a sign?

oldsly

• Погибаю, но не сдаюсь
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 02:21:18 pm »

The red text over the guard's heads isn't clear enough as a sign?
I am sure, fully sufficiently
СЛОВО-ИСТИНЕ, ДУША-БОГУ, ДОЛГ-ОТЕЧЕСТВУ, СЕРДЦЕ-ЖЕНЩИНЕ, ЧЕСТЬ-НИКОМУ
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2010, 03:32:15 pm »

I think the whole system is too benevolent. Now, when you are holding a gun, you receive warning, and invisible timer starts counting - you have some ammount of time to holster, or you'lll get killed otherwise. This is ok and working perfectly, BUT, if you pull out your gun and shot someone (who is unguarded), and holster a weapon before the timer reaches a zero, guards won't react. This is nonsense, using a gun should be punished instantly, regardless of the timer. However, guards are warning you because they dont want using a weapons in town, not for fun.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 22 queries.