"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 15, 2024, 05:23:03 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17

Author Topic: -=New!!!, Player Village!=- The Gray Rock Village!  (Read 39890 times)

Re: -=New Player Village=- The Gray Rock Village!
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2010, 06:00:59 pm »

I wish to have access to this Utopia.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2010, 06:32:56 pm »

I want to make an alliance with you and TJDC, because we too will soon be buying an Outpost and I intend to discuss with them exact same kind of operation.

Although due to the the raid I doubt they will agree sadly... :'(

Guess I'll get back to you on that, just throwin it out there.

Btw I wish you luck, this will indeed be extremely tough to maintain...
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 06:35:08 pm by Michaelh139 »
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2010, 06:54:50 pm »

ichigoo whould be willing to help anyway he can and whould like to be a citizent of the town
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2010, 08:39:43 pm »

The name of your faction is a little bit suspicious  ;D

Id like to be proud citizen of your village [sending you PM]

we had a scary moment when buying the base and all our original choices were taken. So we ended up the Go Go Bombers. We AREN'T suicide bombers, just a small American faction that only kills pks.
"Sorry for the inconvenience."  God

JeDDyD

• Wasteland Warrior
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2010, 09:20:50 pm »

Sounds like a nice little setup, where do I sign up?

*JeDDyD is given a form

Huh? Hmmmmm.......... Ok, Done.

*JeDDyD hands in form

I'll be eagerly awaiting your approval.
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2010, 10:06:20 pm »

hmm sounds like a great idea its kinda like what we are doing with TJDC but its a pure private "city".... If the devs allow this then we should have a feature to bring in Slaves or Mercs to act as Public Vendors. We give em gear which they can trade with players i.e 2000 brahmin hides can act as currency etc etc  just like trading with an npc in town. Traders should cost you about 500 caps a day just like Ultima Online style vendors it will work perfectly, and if your vendor dies your items are relocated to your tent. If your vendor quits cuz of lack of caps then all his gear appears on the ground.

Your guna have to watch out for thieves and the rogues lol! its guna b tough but dont lose faith in this system we do have good players. I'd recommend joining forces with an Anti Pk gang to act as a failsafe OnTOp of your town guards.

This is definately something the judgement day club will take part of so long as we can profit from trade routes to and from the city. I.e If we can sell assault rifles for great prices and quick then we wil supply you guys with a decent amount of small guns etc etc

I will be keeping a watch on this thingy it sounds great, expect alot of alliances from good gangs if it works too just remember to do your research on gangs b4 u start trusting them :P you dont want a gang stealing ur town and using it as a red location on the worldmap to pk noobs ... maybe the devs can help you out in making this pure legit and productive? ie. give it a karma system, npc guards that respawn maybe a couple of turrets... vendor system, Town Mayor system, maybe even make it public on the worldmap but make it like the ncr military base where u cant walk into it unless invited... but you can loiter around the front gate and hope for something better :P

all's I knows' is that this has alot of potential and its up to us (the players) and the devs to make this happen! huuuuuah!
Owner of FOnline 2258! A true Fallout inspired adventure!
http://bit.ly/3syLeTp
http://www.fonline2258.com
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2010, 01:44:05 am »

Great.   Similar project works about half a yearwith russian  community - "Muhosransk"

Works well
life goes on...
JayDoom
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2010, 02:17:24 pm »

Great idea, i joined today and i'm an happy citizen of the Gray Rock Village ;)

I guess dev should implement the possibility to have safe lockers binded to the player and which only him can open... that would help. Keys are a pain in the ass :D

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2010, 02:47:14 pm »

To all haters of the idea or believers that it gonna get raided every ever since its created why not spawning new characters there and once out you would never see the base again, so it would be invisible.

At lvl 5 no NPC would talk to you so simply you wouldnt be able to do anything and on first NPC contact you would be said that you need to empty the locker as it will disappear or you wont acess it after 24hrs.

Ok, so since it wont be visible on the map, there should be some battle training. You need to talk to the NPC and select your weapon skill you want to practice: SG, EW, BG or HtH, youre being spawned to a labyrinth made of brahmin fences with a mauser, flamethrower, laser pistol or sledgehammer/spear and starting from rats, through ants and scorpions youd go through it. I guess there should be NPC telling you what to do next to each "arena" like "make aimed shot" "reload" and so on.

There could be some other ways to achieve xp or try out some Fonline features, like if you have 3CHA youd be able to get the quest in which you and your slave would battle golden gecko.

THere could be a couple of NPC in one place who would give quests like:

>"we will talk once you achieve a skill of 40% science. Remember, once you gain a level press 'C' button and add skill points on the right side of the window that spawns up". Of course youd get a hammer and a mission to mine X minerals and X iron ore. NPC would say "go to the north rocky side of the city and find a big, green mutant there" The Mutant would then explain how to mine "press 'I' and drag your hammer to lower 2 boxes, so called "active slots" press OK and if you dont see a hammer press the red button and your hammer should appear. Next, click with right mouse button until you see "USE ON" next to your hammer and then press left mouse button on the rock left and right to me"

>"Im a repairer, would you like to follow me in this profession?". Youd then try with your current repair skill to repair a thing. Of course, similar explanation should be given as above...

THere are many possibilities, and dont tell me Fonline should be different. Its only fonline Ive never seen any care of starting players.

I dont know about the locker... how big do you think that base would be? I think primarily role of such city would be to get experience not weapons.
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator

LeonTheNorse

• Hobo with a shotgun
    • Crazy 88 Forum
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2010, 03:42:17 pm »

Good luck with this new player town.

Good to see that someone wants to make the game a bit easier when you first start it can be very hard.

Let me know if you need anything.

Allways happy to help out ;)

Enzo

• Homeless wastelander
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2010, 04:51:28 pm »

I am one of the first proud citizens of Gray Rock... and maybe I will be one of the first traders there... I will be crafting low lvl items so anyone can buy it a little cheaper than at the vendors in other cities... by the way, buying any equipment will support Gray Rock too, because part of the funds gained by trading will be transfered to founders of the village, to maintain its needs (mercenaries for guarding, etc.)
Enzo Wolf
former President of Fenix Trading company
former Trading counsellor of former Gray Rock village :D
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2010, 05:16:49 pm »

i wanna be a citizen. how does one go about making a new city or town anyway? is it like those queer pk areas that say desert 3 and stuff like that?
Characters: Nosyarg

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2010, 07:20:08 pm »

i wanna be a citizen. how does one go about making a new city or town anyway? is it like those queer pk areas that say desert 3 and stuff like that?
No it is legitimate "Town".  Its a Outpost (Gang base) which is very related to a town cus of the walled-in area and many buildings and they decided to open up a town with it.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2010, 09:50:30 pm »

I would also like access to this new town.
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2010, 10:09:45 pm »

Remember, in order to enter the town you can PM me or arath so we get you inside it. NEVER TRY TO GO IN WITH A FRIEND THAT HAS THE VILLAGE IN MAP. You will get killed if you do so (cause of mercs). Hope more people try to get inside town and see ya in FOnline

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 21 queries.