"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 02:19:32 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Armor Combining.....  (Read 1723 times)

Galgameth

• Magic Is Everywhere
Armor Combining.....
« on: July 04, 2010, 03:02:37 pm »

As asthetics are so important to us this in this day and age, it would be a novel idea to be able to combine armors using armor-crafting, so for example you take a BA and a robe and go to a workbench and create a 'Combat Robe' which would provide a combination of advantages and disadvantages of both the armors combined. In this situation the result would be a strengthened, robe, not as strong as brotherhood armor but much cooler looking. I'll leave your imaginations to conjour up your own creations.

Also along the same lines, like in Fallout 2 you could get Phoenix Assult implants, Dermal armor, vault city training etc etc.

make these same options available, but put limits on them, so since getting these implants in Fallout damaged charisma if you are a power build with charisma 1 then these wouldnt be available to you intelligence for VC training etc.

This would also mean that players who may not have neccessarily made a power build character could sacrifice some of their SPECIAL stats for more combat orientated abilites so they do not get killed so much. Again the advantages of this would also be that you could attach interesting quests wich gives for more versitility when it comes to leveling (mutated molerat grinders i'm looking at you here).

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

May a schizophrenic pop star inject poison into your bookcase!

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
Re: Armor Combining.....
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2010, 07:32:13 pm »

If you look somewhere in the wiki about dying it says something about also losing Implants.

I guess the implant part should be implemented eventually but i doubt anytime soon.

As for armor combinations... Idk.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2010, 02:56:24 am »

Its not needed for high tier armors and would even strenghten the gap between molerat killers and lvl 21's. Its good as it is, really, except low-tier, but youre suggesting high tier armor or creating some powerbuild crafter?  :-\ Absolutely against
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator

Mr Feltzer

• FOnline: Australia
    • The Core Gaming Australia's Website
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2010, 04:24:52 am »

NO WAY! People Would combine Combat with Metal, Laser Chars are Basicly FUCKED
Founder of Fallout Online Australia
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2010, 12:51:33 pm »

Armor combining is good as idea but needs some changes, Feltzer more or less said the main disadvantage. Instead if the armor combining would only
add the stats of armor A to looks of armor B it could be a viable option for rp also, allowing use of some armors even further in game. And it would be only for looks, and would cost worth of 2 armors.

I'd be thrilled to get BA statted robe or leather jacket for sure. Could work for say...raider/bandit rping as example.

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2010, 12:56:00 pm »

the same with BA statted leather armour, would bring a level of rping into the wasteland, and the larger gangs could use a uniform code, depending of what looks best and not sacrifice stats.

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2010, 01:44:09 pm »

Or even just metal armor statted jackets to save cash but keep good looks.

Archaeon_dude

• "PKing is baaaaad!"
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2010, 07:50:25 pm »

I dunno. Verosimilitude sez you could put a robe on almost everything. This would be cute, because robed characters would be always a question mark to mess with. Not like you can hide a power armor under that, but maybe some nice BA?

I likey, I likey.
Didn't, got killed.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2010, 07:52:30 pm »

It sounds like an OK idea, but as long as we don't have the 2.5d critters it's just not possible unless someone wants to draw thousands of new pictures. Be patient, maybe we see this at some day. ;)
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2010, 04:15:41 am »

You really have two ideas here: One I agree with, and one I don't.

I don't agree that armors should be combinable.  But, once the 3d era has descended upon us, it would be nice to have different-looking clothing options.  And with 3d it would be very doable.  Theres already supposed to be a hat slot, it's just a model away from letting you put a robe on over your armor, as a "hood".  That would be pretty awesome, you have to admit, right?  It would make robes very sought-after pieces of clothing.

The option I agree with wholeheartedly is implants.  That was one of my favorite parts of FO2, and of science fiction in general.  But they shouldn't be losable.  They should be very hard to get, very expensive, and very costly (in other ways than caps or goods... like stat loss to make up for the gain).  Which they already were in FO2.  However, to lose the implants right after you get them because of some fucktard PKer who doesn't even speak your language? That would be cruel to the point of inducing the newly implanted characters to ragequit and post very dirty messages on the forum.  And saying "wasteland is harsh" is not an answer to that, since the wasteland isn't harsh enough to kill you off outright, just harsh enough to rip stuff that was wired into your body out and leave you bleeding, but still having lost all that money.

Steve_Zissou: izual is very old school
Steve_Zissou: he likes the sound it makes when we whine at him
[TSAR]Jeoshua: It brings him pleasure... also chubbies
Izual: I live for that sound
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.21 seconds with 22 queries.