"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 08:34:03 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Sneak=invisibility  (Read 2065 times)

Sneak=invisibility
« on: June 30, 2010, 12:02:34 am »

Last I checked the dictionary meaning of Sneak = To go or move in a quiet, stealthy way.
But in Fonline 2238 Sneak = Invisibility because a high sneak char can walk up to you in broad day light steal from u or plant a bomb in your inventory.

I suggest that this should be changed, than every chars PE will have a chance to cause sneak to fail, example if u have PE=1, than 1 square sneak char will be visible. If u PE=2, than 2 squares, PE=3, than 3 squares up to PE=10 which is 10 squares.

Since the game dont really have terrain, vegetation, shadows that sneak char can hide, than this might be a good way to implement sneak, instead of current form.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
Re: Sneak=invisibility
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 12:04:44 am »

with 10 PE its 19 hexes from very front correct?

(Directed at Dev)
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2010, 12:04:50 am »

Sneaking = not being detected, just because you can't see something doesn't mean it's invisible. Plus your suggestion would actually make sneak more powerful.

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2010, 12:07:37 am »

with 10 PE its 19 hexes from very front correct?

(Directed at Dev)

formula for sneak from the front is (Sneak skill  -75)/6 = amount of hexes sight is reduced by. so 300 sneak vs 10 pe is (300-75)/6 = 37.5 so  50-37 = 12-13 hex viewing range depending on if it rounds up or down.

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2010, 03:48:39 am »

And if you ask me (and I know you didn't), that's a damned sight too nerfed.  Sneaking should be a bit better than that.  A MAXED PE character should have a chance to see a MAXED Sneak character at about half that range.  12-13 hexes is pretty freaking far in my opinion.  Even for a MAX PE character.

But that's kind of a problem here.  There are so many power builds out there the devs have set everything so that one has to have at least a 250% skill in anything to have any hope of achieving anything.  Like my character with 100% repair can't ever fix a broken gun.  Not ONCE has it worked.
Steve_Zissou: izual is very old school
Steve_Zissou: he likes the sound it makes when we whine at him
[TSAR]Jeoshua: It brings him pleasure... also chubbies
Izual: I live for that sound
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2010, 10:47:11 am »

And if you ask me (and I know you didn't), that's a damned sight too nerfed.  Sneaking should be a bit better than that.  A MAXED PE character should have a chance to see a MAXED Sneak character at about half that range.  12-13 hexes is pretty freaking far in my opinion.  Even for a MAX PE character.

But that's kind of a problem here.  There are so many power builds out there the devs have set everything so that one has to have at least a 250% skill in anything to have any hope of achieving anything.  Like my character with 100% repair can't ever fix a broken gun.  Not ONCE has it worked.

What's your luck?  ;D
You see Sha Enin, the traveling folk singer.

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2010, 03:36:18 pm »

Sorry, that WAS a derailment a little bit.  But the point still stands that the only thing wrong with Sneak, like most skills, is that one has to have a rediculous skill level to achieve anything with it, and even then it's not really worth pumping the skills into.

I understand that thievery is annoying.  But to fix it by nerfing sneak and stealing AGAIN would only make these paths completely useless.  Better still to make guards that notice someone sneaking to watch them closely, and to shoot the everloving fuck out of the thief if he fails a steal attempt.  No more of this "Hey buddy, so-and-so is interested in your things" crap.  I got shot the other day for standing in a doorway, why don't they take care of thieves in the same way?
Steve_Zissou: izual is very old school
Steve_Zissou: he likes the sound it makes when we whine at him
[TSAR]Jeoshua: It brings him pleasure... also chubbies
Izual: I live for that sound
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2010, 04:54:40 pm »

Well thiefs usually have nothing good on them, and stealing is a no-risk except for dying and respawning... there should be a certain risk for stealing if the developers really want to have this ingame.

Suggestions so far has included, crafting stuff to be use for sneaking, putting reputation penalty for failing to steal... but bottomline, stealing needs to be tied to a risk reward scheme, and not zero-risk and max reward, cuz high lvl thief can literally empty a low level chars inventory w/o being detected.

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2010, 06:23:57 pm »

he can even empty an idle High level character's inventory, sometimes the steal skill works on the worldmap as well, pretty hilarious to rob a tent-follower blind

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2010, 07:09:23 pm »

if they have sharpshooter its 18 hex

Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 27 queries.