"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 17, 2024, 02:13:33 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Banned ?  (Read 1965 times)

Banned ?
« on: June 28, 2010, 06:56:09 pm »

Do you really get banned from logging back in too fast ? I installed the game yesterday and have had problems with the npc traders as I have not been able to trade with them for hours. Today I tried to log out and log back in a couple of times to try and get the issue solved, but instead I am unable to log into the game.

Help ?
Re: Banned ?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 06:58:50 pm »

If you cant login now, then most probably you are permanently banned...

Nice_Boat

• I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 06:59:03 pm »

It's not logging in with the same character, it's about fast relog with a different one (dodging the 10 minute timeout). I think the server is down right now.
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2010, 07:02:26 pm »

Alright, thanks. Didn't see any notification of a server shutdown, so I got a little shaky. Oh by the way, do the vendors work fine for you, or is normal that you can browse their goods for about 30 seconds before the trade window closes ? I am also sometimes suffering from being able to trade with npc's for an hour or two.

P.S Darker than black is a good series.
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2010, 07:06:27 pm »

Raise barter skill = more time to browse

Nice_Boat

• I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2010, 07:06:33 pm »

Nice boat - looking at your signature animation I make a scientific guess that you are 21 years old

Nah, I'm actually older than that.

Alright, thanks. Didn't see any notification of a server shutdown, so I got a little shaky. Oh by the way, do the vendors work fine for you, or is normal that you can browse their goods for about 30 seconds before the trade window closes ? I am also sometimes suffering from being able to trade with npc's for an hour or two.

Yeah, you have 30 seconds to talk with the NPCs. I think that's not enough given how long their warelists sometimes get.

P.S Darker than black is a good series.

Now, this man is a true bro! ;D

Enzo

• Homeless wastelander
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2010, 07:07:43 pm »

It is known bug... if your trade is cancelled while setting amount of items (for example caps or bullets), you cannot enter barter with any NPC after this happening... You can fix this easily by log out and log in after a few minutes... (works for me)
Enzo Wolf
former President of Fenix Trading company
former Trading counsellor of former Gray Rock village :D
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2010, 07:36:50 pm »

Raise barter skill = more time to browse

I thought it was speech that modified your browse time, and barter modifies the prices.
I'm pretty sure that's how it is.
You see Sha Enin, the traveling folk singer.
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2010, 07:39:36 pm »

It is known bug... if your trade is cancelled while setting amount of items (for example caps or bullets), you cannot enter barter with any NPC after this happening... You can fix this easily by log out and log in after a few minutes... (works for me)

Log out, close the client, launch the client again and log back in.
It takes less than a minute.

You get banned for fast relogging if you log out with 1 character and log back in with another 1 within 10 minutes after logging out the 1st character.
Fast relogging with the same character is allowed.

Enzo

• Homeless wastelander
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2010, 07:40:33 pm »

I thought it was speech that modified your browse time, and barter modifies the prices.
I'm pretty sure that's how it is.

I dont think so... For some (obscure) reason, I tagged Barter when creating my char and even then invested some skill points in it... the barter time has increased... (i didnt invested any skill points in Speech, so it must be the Barter, or something completely different :) )
Enzo Wolf
former President of Fenix Trading company
former Trading counsellor of former Gray Rock village :D

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2010, 08:26:06 pm »

barter chanes the trade tima nd prices, while speech incteses the dialogue time.(still useless since a response just resets the timer...)

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2010, 09:40:09 pm »

I didn't think barter price is effected at all, items seem to cost the same both ways... is it really?

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2010, 09:46:38 pm »

I didn't think barter price is effected at all, items seem to cost the same both ways... is it really?
Barter affects the timer and the price of items at vendors that dont deal with such and such good(s).
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2010, 09:56:26 pm »

shit, forgot to mention that...

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 21 queries.