"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 01, 2024, 03:09:21 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Make banned=jail time=event!  (Read 710 times)

Make banned=jail time=event!
« on: June 28, 2010, 10:00:07 pm »

I havent checked, but I notice that when GM with aid of their godly program catches people doing fast relogins, your char gets put in jail. So will this be a feature of the game? I think this is a pretty nifty feature that the godly program juz sends the offender to jail and than a timer shows the length of time of the ban. So even if the offender relogs the char its in jail until the timer ends. To add another touch to this why not allow jail breaks than, where larger gangs can try to do a jail break, or the stealth loner can try to sneak into jail and free the offender?

Not sure how the community feels about this? But imo, this will make bans more interesting rather than negative. Developers or GMs can tweak the difficulty of the jail breaks by force or stealth.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
Re: Make banned=jail time=event!
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 10:01:28 pm »

Sounds bloody interesting but this is only if you have friends+enough+smart/skilled+willing to waste their resources on your dumbass.

But yeah it would be crazy fun.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 10:03:08 pm »

or we could start an NPC driven rehabilitation programme, a bit like an RP event, but one forcibly placed on cheaters (shivs, and zip guns man)
i mean, i'd commit voluntarily to be a security guard in the prison.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 10:05:01 pm by gordulan »

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2010, 10:04:30 pm »

Well actually, it has already been proposed many times, I even made a map plan for this :D

Unfortunately, it is impossible, because jail needs to be on an island, just because if there's a server crash everyone inside goes on the worldmap.

P.S. We usually don't jail, we ban - you can't even log in.
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2010, 10:14:57 pm »

Yes, a prison island is fine, or an underground prison? Well technically if char is banned and put in prison, he/she cant do anything right! So this is same as not being to login, but the pychological impact is that he is in jail. So his friends ask him hey where is your leet BG? He replies, darn he is in jail... lol... well come help me break him out of jail lolz... Wont this fit into the fallout roleplaying environment? So for longer bans the jail break is harder, etc...

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2010, 10:15:20 pm »

what about an RP event, i kinda had exams call me away from the army one.... sorry i couldn't participate as much as I wanted to...

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.109 seconds with 22 queries.