"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 20, 2024, 07:57:00 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: [Music] Ancient Horse, Full of Glue.  (Read 5889 times)

Surf

• это моё.
[Music] Ancient Horse, Full of Glue.
« on: May 11, 2010, 05:23:46 am »

Ancient Horse, Full of Glue.

1-  Birds Song
2 - In Vains
3 - Birth Of A Star
4 - 23 and 43
5 - Finally We Know How To Delay Our Struggle
6 - Let's Build An Ocean Full Of Flies
7 - Kansas City
8 - The Vats
9 - Barbarossa
10 - It Fades
11 - Great Queen Elizabeth the XIII
12 - White Mice
13 - Ludwig&Bartholomeus Part2

Download

Hello. As many people asked me to upload some more of my music and new stuff is on the horizon of release, I thought I scavenge through my archive and look for some older tunes of mine, which even I forgot I've recorded it. So it was really fun hearing this older stuff, seeing the musical path I've taken etc.
So the overall sound on this is pretty much mixed. You have some "post rock"-y tunes in it, some classy ambient, some drones, some guitar tunes, analog-audio editing-ambient (making music with noise from the casette player) and even a 20 minute-monster-track. Note, that this'll probably not your style, it is very very experimental, based heavily on loops and some audio geek-ism (especially those tapemusic tracks). Except the tapemusic tracks, everything is done with a guitar and heavy audio editing. Maybe there are some tunes fitting to your personal taste. They all have the "wasteland" theme in it, for me atleast. I always had this in mind when recording them.

The "real" new wasteland tunes from me will come in a few weeks I think. Depends on when I'm done with the last few cosmetical corrections.

Eazy-O

• Feels good, man.
Re: [Music] Ancient Horse, Full of Glue.
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2010, 04:12:08 pm »

Hey man, I've downloaded your album and been really enjoying it. Just the nice ambient/chill stuff I've been looking for. Well I guess it's ambient, I dunno. Thanks for sharing and I would by all means welcome more!
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2010, 05:15:11 pm »

I told you about that on irc already, but i will do it again, just so my posts count rises a bit.

Awesome work. I really like it, especially "We finally know how to delay our struggle" which also fits FOnline atmosphere.

Bartosz

• Rotator
  • There'd better be a killer reason...
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2010, 07:59:10 pm »

I haven't listened through it all yet (just downloaded it), but I'm curious about equipment/software you use. I'm not composing anything, but I'm often helping my brother (he's not technically minded;) ) when he's recording things.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2010, 08:19:06 pm »

For most of the tracks, It's just my Guitar running through thousands of Effect Pedals, plugging the guitar into a TASCAM US144 soundinterface, it's cheap and has a decent sound quality. Softwarewise I use Guitar Rig 3 to refine the sounds, Cubase SX as host program and several VST to punch the sound, clear it etc. (the "Waves Bundle" has some nice compressors in).
Virtual Instruments for those Dark Ambient Drones I mostly just use Absynth 4. :)
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2010, 05:26:27 pm »

Thanks very much, this is really cool music.  I would suggest that everyone else gives it a go (it's not you typical free crappy music on the netz).  Moar please.
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2010, 08:56:30 pm »

I`ve found out about it on the izual`s youtube movie, The birth of a star, Lets build an ocean full of flies or this is our hymn we wrote together (can be found on lastfm) and much more is amazing ;).

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2010, 09:31:35 pm »

Yeh, Izual ye old brown noser. :P ;)

Thanks again! :)
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2010, 12:00:14 pm »

Man, this is AMAZING. I downloaded with a pure curiosity but didnt expected such stuff. I love sludge/post-sludge, stoner, drone music and everything that goes around it. I want to make you an album if you're interested. Really enjoying your stuff!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 22 queries.