Author Topic: Mapper - maps from F2  (Read 5041 times)

Mapper - maps from F2
« on: January 08, 2010, 07:41:07 am »
How can open any map of the F2 in mapper FOnline? Is there any conventer, where I can change the file type?

Re: Mapper - maps from F2
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2010, 08:26:51 pm »
Any info, help?  :(

Offline lisac2k

• Rotator
  • Uncle Pyro
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2010, 09:39:00 pm »
You can use DIMS mapper to convert F2 maps to FOnline format, but I think it doesn't work anymore (DIMS is probably deprecated, FOnline map format was upgraded a few times IIRC). You can still try, though.

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2010, 10:06:19 pm »
Nah, will not work. Even we already use a very different version of Dims mapper.

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2010, 09:29:04 am »
Thanks for the information. Is it possible to obtain / download the mapper? I made a map in the mapper FOnline but I would add a few things that I can not do.

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2010, 03:42:21 pm »
Go to irc and the channel #2238map. There should be someone who can help you with it.

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2011, 03:05:06 am »
*Casting some necromancy spell to resurrect this thread*

I was on #2238map, well it's night... probably that's why noone is there, still, I used search with word "mapper", and all I understood is that maps from Fallout2 -> FOnline mapper = impossible even with some converter, but may be there atleast any way? Because TLA SDK cripples poor towns and it'll take alot time and may be even it's better to start from scratch to make them look like original, just want to restore Fallout2 to make Co-operative possible to be hosted by 1 person and want to know if it'll be possible to atleast somehow copy maps from original fallout2 or need to start making them from scratch by alt-tab'ing between Fallout2 and FOnline mapper restoring everything hex by hex,
+may be fallout2 maps will contain scripts already or something, so it'll be even better.

I also tried to DL old clients or something posted on NMA, in 2008 year, where was "Mapper" in archive, hoping that it's very very old mapper which will work with F2 maps, but all links are dead. I even found mapper on some polish forum posted in 2009, but link is still unavaible anymore.

Isn't it really impossible to directly restore maps from fallout2 and make them usable in FOnline?

Offline Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2011, 03:13:43 am »
You'll need Dims Mapper and open the pure Black Isle maps first, then convert them to the respective format, take a very old FOnline Mapper, convert, convert with a newer again, convert etc. Don't want to burst your bubble, but you are better of to make these maps from scratch again. Depending what you need, I am sure people would help you, I can do some things to if you tell me what exactly you need.

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2011, 03:31:17 am »
Well.. then from scratch, thanks for providing help, but I think I don't need help for now, SDK has everything already except for scripts of original fallout quests, so all I need is to recreate all maps, dialogues.... damn, and quests, and very very very very very many scripts. I won't rush with it, just will make from time to time, may be make it some day, if someone else will start making co-operative of fallout1 or fallout2, then I could join by giving everything I'll make by that time.

Offline Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2011, 04:13:22 am »
Don't get me wrong, good attempt and all, but... It'll fail. Only one guy doing everything I presume? Won't work.

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2011, 07:49:53 am »
There is very good tutorial how to convert ANY map from Fallout 1/2 format to Fonline mapper on Polish Fonline Forum ind Dev-Zone sub-forum.
The link to forum is in my signature.

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2011, 08:35:01 pm »
Thank you.