"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 11, 2024, 12:56:03 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Add turbo plasma rifle  (Read 4204 times)

RestarT

• MC Vagina is back!
Re: Add turbo plasma rifle
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2010, 09:11:47 am »

On the closed beta test where we had all the PvP gangs the second most popular weapon (based upon kills) was the Plasma Rifle.

Solar yes, Plasma rifle was most used because there was enough drugs so it was hardcore drug characters on psycho with plasma rifle, but in normal game this char is really expensive to play. You need lot of drugs.

Plasma nades don't do eye critical bypass, knock down, knockout, blinded at 172 damage.
Yes, but good sneaker WITHOUT jet can throw 5 plasma nades at really short time (1 nade=2 AP) so this is sure death if you haven't got tesla armor. With turbo plasma you shoot slower and WITHOUT jet you can shoot once and this shoot can be crittical or not. If not, you do maximal damage for 65-armor threshold and resistance. If you do critical it should be I think from 50hp to maybe 200-300hp (I really don't know how big can be critical with plasma rifle)

Quote from: maszrum link=topic=5831.msg50621#msg50621
date=1276679582
psycho + turboplasma + brof = its to powerful ;o
Why use turbo plasma rifle with psycho? I think it's great for it's range. On psycho you can use normal plasma rifle.

But interesting on this topic is that snipers want plasma rifle and psycho bigguners don't want it.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 09:25:46 am by RestarT »
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2010, 10:19:41 am »

Well, adding TPR would certainly give some alternative for energy gunners. Noone uses plasma rifle in PvP at the moment because of its low range and high cost.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2010, 01:11:28 pm »

I've been seeing several Plasmas in TC recently. See Izuals latest video for a reference.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

RestarT

• MC Vagina is back!
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2010, 01:46:47 pm »

I've been seeing several Plasmas in TC recently. See Izuals latest video for a reference.
And how many miniguns and snipers you seen on this video? 20 miniguns, 20 snipers and 5 plasma rifles?

I think that if someone is taking town some GM should go into town and check the battle, like Rusty is doing, he is standing and watching battle. If you will do it, you will see, that plasma rifles are in battle useless. I tried use plasma rifle in last few days but on big maps like Gecko, Modoc or Klamath it's useless due its range and in Reding and Broken Hills it's useless if you aren't on psycho because this maps are full of psycho big guners. Last week I saw in battle lot of SG snipers, bigguners, but energy snipers are rare.
I like EW, I'm using laser rifle, but vs metal armor it's really useless if you haven't got bypass you do critical damage for max. 50hp... I have to choose target in CA or leather because I can hurt them more.

Just try add plasma rifle to game, you if it will be overpowered, you can allways remove it from game, or just increase range to normal plasma rifle to 35-40 hexes. It's beta test so lets test something new. ;)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 01:48:29 pm by RestarT »

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2010, 01:55:12 pm »

So we are agreed, Plasma was used there.  8)

Rest of the post I disagree with, but have to get back to work so can't give the full reasons. But suffice it to say Laser Rifles are equally popular in TC compared to Snipers - based off stats generated by the server and not just impressions and guess work.

(Also, I watch plenty of TC fights, you just don't see me ;) )

RestarT

• MC Vagina is back!
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2010, 02:09:35 pm »

So we are agreed, Plasma was used there.  8)

Rest of the post I disagree with, but have to get back to work so can't give the full reasons. But suffice it to say Laser Rifles are equally popular in TC compared to Snipers - based off stats generated by the server and not just impressions and guess work.

(Also, I watch plenty of TC fights, you just don't see me ;) )
I don't think which video you think so I can't agree with you. I know from TC only 2 guys who use plasma rifle Zeppelin and me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z4m25vNXnU But if you think this video I saw 1 guy with plasma Florek and about 4 or 5 laser snipers.

Laser rifle isn't comparable to sniper rifle. In Klamath with laser rifle you are against snipers useless. They have bigger range. It's only for 5 hexes but in fight it's huge difference.
If you don't test it you can't know how this game should look with turbo plasma. I think you should try it and then do some decisions.
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2010, 02:13:28 pm »

During CBT, I used Plasma Rifle as a secondary weapon, mostly during TC defense, and it was quite fun to use in close combat. Also, it can be used as a countermeasure for fighting psycho biggunners camping buildings. Still, I think that Turbo Plasma Rifle would be a bit too powerful in current PvP, but I also don't like the fact that it's so hard to get (if even possible at all) at the moment - see my topic about buying it ;)
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2010, 04:52:35 pm »

Here are all the weapons commonly seen in PvP:

SG: sniper rifle, assault rifle (after the recent boost this one is my favourite :P), p90, 223. pistol,
BG: avenger minigun, light support weapon, rocket launcher,
EG: laser rifle   :-\::)

But suffice it to say Laser Rifles are equally popular in TC compared to Snipers - based off stats generated by the server and not just impressions and guess work.

Well, no doubt that laser rifle IS a good weapon, but adding TPR would give at least some variety to EW class. If ever introduced, it should be the most expensive weapon in the game though.

Still, I think that Turbo Plasma Rifle would be a bit too powerful in current PvP

I think that TPR shot should cost 5 AP, like in Fo2 - 10 more hexes of range is enough of a boost. The rest of a balance is just the matter of price of the weapon.

RestarT

• MC Vagina is back!
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2010, 05:09:58 pm »

I don't know, but I think plasma rifle is expensive, so TPR should be upgraded plasma rifle. But I think we don't need TPR, I think that using normal plasma rifle 10 hexes to range is enough to make this weapon useful...
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2010, 05:17:49 pm »

I don't know, but I think plasma rifle is expensive, so TPR should be upgraded plasma rifle. But I think we don't need TPR, I think that using normal plasma rifle 10 hexes to range is enough to make this weapon useful...

Technically, I see no difference - for me. I'm SG and it will probably not change. But I'd gladly see more weapons in actual use.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 05:26:05 pm by Elmehdi »
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2010, 05:21:27 pm »

me need turbo plasma rifle!

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2010, 08:38:16 pm »

OK, back and have access to my spreadsheets now.

Imagine we are firing at a CA guy, 75% crit chance, 95% chance to hit and doing eye crits with each of Laser, Sniper and Plasma.

Factoring in all critical damage bonuses and by pass results and factoring in that snipers cost 1 AP more we get: If Laser damage is 1, Sniper damage is 0.82 and Plasma damage is 1.5

Incidentally Plasmas will do the same average damage as an Avenger, at less range, but with Critical results thrown in (blinded, knockouts etc)

Use Plasmas, dont use Plasmas - its up to you. But they are great as is and Turbo won't be coming.

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2010, 08:43:08 pm »

And by then I close this suggestion, gotta make this subforum a bit less crowded.
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 19 queries.