"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 18, 2024, 01:03:30 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Beginners Guides Competition!  (Read 32769 times)

Re: Beginners Guides Competition!
« Reply #60 on: July 12, 2010, 01:34:54 pm »

ok, no spam further :)

Aricvomit

• Prepare for bowel disruption
« Reply #61 on: July 14, 2010, 02:21:50 am »

so itll be two weeks tommorow since the contest ended, im sure everyone would agree with me if we just have a cut off date like you guys did for us, whoever hasnt already judged the guides should be fine with their vote not counting since theyve had 2 weeks to look at them and still havent.
plasma nade your face off!

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #62 on: July 14, 2010, 03:45:25 pm »

Really not as many votes as it was needed to have true top 3 of winners, but...

Results of the contest !
THE MORE POINTS YOU HAVE, THE CLOSER YOU WERE TO FIRST PLACE IN ALL THE JURY'S VOTES

REWARDS
1st place
Guide written on wiki and kept up-to-date by wiki team.
+ x1 Hardened Power Armor + x1 Chryslus Motors Highwayman + x50.000 experience points + x2 craftable items (Chosen by player)

2nd place
x1 Power Armor + x30.000 experience points + x3 craftable items (Chosen by player)

3rd place
x1 Brotherhood Armor + x20.000 experience points + x2 craftable items (Chosen by player)

I. Getting started guide
First place
With a total score of 10 points
TAKAKASHI & YAMAKASHI BROTHERS
A complete guide, with a lot of accurate pictures, good advice and even explanations about advanced features like Namecolorizing. However, it lacks some informations about the good ways to start the game and to earn caps/experience.

Second place
With a total score of 6 points
RJ & BALTHASAR
A complete guide, with tons of informations, but unfortunately not always really accurate for beginners. This guide has more to do with a manual and we have been thinking that, even if it is really well written, it could have discouraged newcomers. More pictures would really have helped with this guide.

Third place
With a total score of 5 points
ARICVOMIT
A very well written guide, without any english mistakes, and containing useful informations. However, this guide doesn't go deep enough in explaining the game's mechanics and features.

II. Combat guide
First place
With a total score of 10 points
GORDULAN
Some inaccurate informations and lack of good pictures made this guide getting less points than it should have. However, it explains the combat system quite well. Too short guide, though.

Second place
With a total score of 9 points
AVORAL
A lot of text, not always useful, especially the endless part about SPECIAL. If you want to make the "perfect" build it seems like it is the best guide, however it wasn't really the goal of the combat guides. The end, with the "How to fight" part, is too short and inaccurate. But builds advice gave this guide more points.

Third place
Z0M2H14
Written for both loners and people fighting in teams, and from the point of view of different build "classes". It gives useful advices about combat. The text needs formating - pictures - and improved language, but informations are there.

III. Crafting guide
First place
With a total score of 7 points
DYLAN FRASER
Really understandable and avoiding to write useless information, this guide provides help about the basics of crafting, but it's sad that it recommends Shady Sands as a home.

Second place
NEXXOSFIN
This guide explore professions and ways to earn caps through crafting. It doesn't have pictures, unfortunately, but features good avice that balance the loss of pictures.

Third place
With a total score of 4 points
WICHURA
A perfect guide - about gathering. However, crafting system isn't just about gathering resources, so thsi guide loses a lot of points there - but the quality of the informations about gathering saved it and made it go to the 3rd place.

Note : The guides will be written on wiki on contributors' time. No complain about the time it takes will be valid.
WINNERS - SEND YOUR IN-GAME CHARACTERS NAMES TO IZUAL IN PM TO RECEIVE YOUR REWARD.
Once again, congratulations to all the contestants and to the winners !
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 03:48:02 pm by Izual »
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

Nexxos

• o_O
  • O_o
« Reply #63 on: July 14, 2010, 03:57:32 pm »

Well I'll be damned. Congratulations to all winners!
“And we passed through the cavern of rats.

And we passed through the path of streaming flamethrowers.

And we passed through the faction of the blind.

And we passed through the slough of swarm.

And we passed through the vale of tears.

And we came, finally, to the ice caverns.

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #64 on: July 14, 2010, 04:31:29 pm »

Fuck Yeah, thanks, I was aiming at 2nd place, but 1st was something I'd never have thought would happen to me, thanks guys, I really appreciate this.... ;D now to login

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #65 on: July 14, 2010, 05:17:39 pm »

Fuck Yeah, thanks, I was aiming at 2nd place, but 1st was something I'd never have thought would happen to me, thanks guys, I really appreciate this.... ;D now to login

Hey, wanna win a lot of caps? I buy your HPA!  ;D
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !
« Reply #66 on: July 14, 2010, 05:25:30 pm »

HAH! I'm rly happy :) i never belived i will win anything, thx for cool prize and i hope my guide will help many new comers :)

Aricvomit

« Reply #67 on: July 14, 2010, 06:05:13 pm »

if your putting takashi's guide up on the wiki its going to need to be re-written to correct all the mistakes and inaccurate information and stuff that doesnt make sense. have fun, it looks like a helluva lot of work.

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #68 on: July 14, 2010, 06:10:58 pm »

speaking of which, if one of your characters can't carry the HPA, could you be given it for another of your characters, seems a waste of either exp or an HPA if you can't.

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1

Avoral

• "... to anioły kiedyś zaśpiewały mi ta pieśń..."
« Reply #69 on: July 14, 2010, 06:12:40 pm »

if your putting takashi's guide up on the wiki its going to need to be re-written to correct all the mistakes and inaccurate information and stuff that doesnt make sense. have fun, it looks like a helluva lot of work.

Remember , life is brutal "sometimes kopas w dupass" =][ There will be other competitions - mayby we will get more luck next time?

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #70 on: July 14, 2010, 06:18:39 pm »

well, in all respects I thought your guide was better, avoral.

I'm gonna make some strking poses next to my brand new highwayman, in a leather jacket of course.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 06:21:29 pm by gordulan »

Aricvomit

« Reply #71 on: July 14, 2010, 06:19:49 pm »

Remember , life is brutal "sometimes kopas w dupass" =][ There will be other competitions - mayby we will get more luck next time?

i dont care about not winning first but when the guide is inaccurate and written in broken english it drives me crazy, if i saw this on the wiki as is id assume whoever was in charge of the wiki was on drugs.

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #72 on: July 14, 2010, 06:26:15 pm »

Or maybe you should chill out ;)
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer
« Reply #73 on: July 14, 2010, 07:19:48 pm »

Wow i even got some winning place.

Aricvomit

« Reply #74 on: July 15, 2010, 03:36:10 am »

can i just get a power armor instead of everything else, id rather have one power armor over 3 suits of brotherhood armor and 20k xp.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Page created in 0.107 seconds with 18 queries.