"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 20, 2024, 12:59:13 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Need help creating a char...  (Read 1558 times)

Need help creating a char...
« on: June 11, 2010, 11:38:13 pm »

Ok questions:

1. Can I have multiple characters? I'm thinking 1 for crafting and 1 for battling.  I think there's a delay for swapping into and out of characters though, right?

2. Is there any really good guide on building characters? I know that there are a couple good posts, but I'm always hesitant to put my stats below 5 but I see everyones build sometimes has really low #'s (like a 1 in Charisma!).  In particular, I want to know if its worth getting the perks that increase the special stats (heavy handed and ?small frame?).  
Re: Need help creating a char...
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010, 12:05:51 am »

1. Yes. Most players have alts. There's a 10 minute pause.

2. Several posts. The perks and professions pages on the wiki might be a bit of help too.

Personally I consider small frame and good natured the best traits, but I don't have a big guns build.
I have alts with stats below 5.
Charisma 1 means you can't talk with all traders or do all quests, but you can put the points in other stats.
Strenght depends on the weapon you want to use (4 might be enough) and if you want to get the weapon handler perk (+3 to strenght for shooting weapons).
Stats in general all depend on the type of character you want to have.
Keep in mind that uneven agility and endurance means you're wasting stats points.
Intelligence below 6 means getting descent skill percentages will be hard.
Agility below 6 (8 action points) is worthless in my opinion.
Luck below 6 might lead to more accidents with weapon handling.

Before creating your character, try some builds using the FOnline:2238 Character Planner.
Better waste some time on that than on a character that turns out not to be what you wanted it to be.
Also be sure to look things like weapon stats up on the wiki.
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2010, 12:21:03 am »

Even numbered charisma is also a waste of a SPECIAL point.
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2010, 12:27:24 am »

1. Yes. Most players have alts. There's a 10 minute pause.

2. Several posts. The perks and professions pages on the wiki might be a bit of help too.

Personally I consider small frame and good natured the best traits, but I don't have a big guns build.
I have alts with stats below 5.
Charisma 1 means you can't talk with all traders or do all quests, but you can put the points in other stats.
Strenght depends on the weapon you want to use (4 might be enough) and if you want to get the weapon handler perk (+3 to strenght for shooting weapons).
Stats in general all depend on the type of character you want to have.
Keep in mind that uneven agility and endurance means you're wasting stats points.
Intelligence below 6 means getting descent skill percentages will be hard.
Agility below 6 (8 action points) is worthless in my opinion.
Luck below 6 might lead to more accidents with weapon handling.

Before creating your character, try some builds using the FOnline:2238 Character Planner.
Better waste some time on that than on a character that turns out not to be what you wanted it to be.
Also be sure to look things like weapon stats up on the wiki.
Very helpful...

Are you saying that Charisma has nothing to do with the number of followers?
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2010, 12:30:24 am »

Very helpful...

Are you saying that Charisma has nothing to do with the number of followers?

The lower, the less slaves, mercs, brahmins, etc.
As I hardly use those, I didn't mention them.
For quests, trading or getting any kind of followeres you could use mentants to temporarily increase your charisma.
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2010, 04:08:46 am »

Useful note, if you use low strength and small frame I recommend a 3 charisma. Mercs are kinda buggy, but with a very low carry weight a brahmin or a merc is a great loot holder(they have no max carry weight). Mining is a pain in the ass with a carry weight of 45 or less.
"Sorry for the inconvenience."  God
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2010, 11:38:36 pm »

Currently I'm very frustrated.  I've made 3 characters and consequently given up on all of them.  The issue is that I'll get a lot accomplished and then I'll leave the town looking for something, where I'll eventually die from a random encounter. Then I respawn so very far away and I can't heal and I lose all my stuff  :(.

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2010, 11:48:16 pm »

Currently I'm very frustrated.  I've made 3 characters and consequently given up on all of them.  The issue is that I'll get a lot accomplished and then I'll leave the town looking for something, where I'll eventually die from a random encounter. Then I respawn so very far away and I can't heal and I lose all my stuff  :(.

That will happen with every new player's character. Don't give up just because you didn't spawn next to NCR, VC, or where ever you wanted to end up (or, you can purposely die and try to get to one of the two re-spawn points near NCR.)
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 22 queries.