"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 12, 2024, 04:23:21 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Npc's and their critical chance.  (Read 13529 times)

Re: Npc's and their critical chance.
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2010, 12:28:11 pm »

So what.... these other characters are finally making a stand? they sayin ' We not giving you our loot that easy' .. so be it, its about time.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2010, 01:03:12 pm »

They are still laughable in combat, but yep, bob is right, a good step in the right direction.

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2010, 02:57:05 pm »

They are still laughable in combat, but yep, bob is right, a good step in the right direction.

For who? Not for casual players. Since the wipe devs tried and succeeded to make a big gap between players who play a lot and intensively in faction using the best gear and people who play casually, crafting for themselves or a small faction hunting w/e. Now that I doubt Id have problems with BA with any of them they're just too strong. And I dont look for raiders, rogues or marauders, i know the wasteland is harsh, but seriously, there should be some choice to fight or not, not llike it is now that you encounter rogues or marauders and you automatically get a couple of shots!

You can give marauder an option to attack after your attack like from hunting riffle or any not to make shooting range for snipers, but a chance to escape too. Well its good that for some players it is ok or even not hard enough but if you want to maintain the current casual players and attract and make fonline thrive with new players youre certainly doing it wrong.

EDIT: This kind of behaviour (increasing hp, range) is a clear signal to create powerbuilds or is directed for powerbuilds. If there is a major community of power builds you could make some are i.e. where floaters and centaurs are, you could put badass 300hp mercs just why do you make it everywhere? Maybe scorpions will have 100hp in the future?

Whats more being suggested by powerbuilds here (faction members and people well trained in the game visiting this forum) or whatever you seem to forget about other people including those who do not raise a voice here (beginners, casuals).
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 04:19:04 pm by kraskish »
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2010, 04:30:23 pm »

"In my opinion"  That is a load of ****.  If they can killed a guy in metal armor, 135 hp, (7 Endurance) and a fucking supermutant backing him up with a minigun or (When im more chaotic hungry) a minigun human merc and two hunting rifle Trappers.  And guess what?  Robbers can kill me with both sets of attack squads.  So yeah they are too strong,  if they want powerbuilds to do PvE then make lines on the map where there are weak and strong zones.   e.g.  weak marauders, mauraders, and strong marauders on different zones of the map, because for normal players (Well I say normal but... thats just because they're the few people who aren't faceless pks.) who want to make their build more fun than "teh powabuildz" are only going to disappear, and after that, there won't be anyone left for powerbuilds to kill cept each other, and their emotionless npcs that the devs have buffed up so hard to make any challenge for them powerbuilds.

Implying:  Its always powerbuilds, powerbuilds, and fucking powerbuilds, who are apparently getting handed the wrong end of the stick in this game, but when they are, as the name implies "FUCKING POWERBUILDS" they are INVINCIBLE to anything but other POWERBUILDS and only 1000000 hp and 300% skilled npcs will have a chance since they npc's cannot take drugs!  I'm beginning to wonder what kind of characters (Legit characters, not immediately levelled just cus they can) that devs and gms use....  Lemme guess: Powerbuilds?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 04:37:13 pm by Michaelh139 »
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2010, 04:39:36 pm »

I don't play with a powerbuild, not even the slightest, it's just an average half crafter,combat,explorer character.
I am alone, don't have a strong gang which backs me up. And still I don't have problems with them. How it comes?

Those critters aren't just there to provide you loot and xp. One should give a good fight.
Only thing I can understand which is annoying when they have a too long range and you get shot while escaping.

Oh, and don't post "+1" posts, I delete them.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2010, 04:45:40 pm »

I don't play with a powerbuild, not even the slightest, it's just an average half crafter,combat,explorer character.
I am alone, don't have a strong gang which backs me up. And still I don't have problems with them. How it comes?

Those critters aren't just there to provide you loot and xp. One should give a good fight.
Only thing I can understand which is annoying when they have a too long range and you get shot while escaping.

1.  How is it a mystery when "everyone else" is experiencing these problems so suddenly?

2.  With your character the only thing you could kill are animals and maybe, just maybe, Raiders from my point of view.

3.  Yeah ONE should give a good fight.  Making them all invinsible isn't a good fight, its an a orgy.  And we players got the wrong end of the stick. ( oh haha )

4.  Yes their range is a bit insane...  I'll agree there I guess.

5.  What if I put +1 one and an itty bitty description?  Like.....................  "Awesome idea +1"?
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2010, 04:58:37 pm »

1.  How is it a mystery when "everyone else" is experiencing these problems so suddenly?

I barely see that "everyone else" has these problems here.

2.  With your character the only thing you could kill are animals and maybe, just maybe, Raiders from my point of view.

Not true. If equipped with mid tier stuff it isn't that much of a problem. Ofcourse it's no powerbuild and I don't fight against muties or so, but I am fine with PvE.

3.  Yeah ONE should give a good fight.  Making them all invinsible isn't a good fight, its an a orgy.  And we players got the wrong end of the stick. ( oh haha )

They aren't invisible.

4.  Yes their range is a bit insane...  I'll agree there I guess.

So is they're critical chance. It could be slight a bit lower, ok. But still - they aren't just cannon fodder, PvE should be same challenging as PvP. Only thing, which I said in the previous post also - one should have a chance to escape those encounters.

5.  What if I put +1 one and an itty bitty description?  Like.....................  "Awesome idea +1"?

It doesn't change the fact that it's just a oneliner and adds nothing to the topic.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2010, 05:05:26 pm »

You've looked at all the posts right? :/
Not true. If equipped with mid tier stuff it isn't that much of a problem. Ofcourse it's no powerbuild and I don't fight against muties or so, but I am fine with PvE.

I want to see you fight some Robbers.
They aren't invisible.

I used an s instead of a c,  if you look closely enough its simply a spelling error. it still has the sound if you pronounce it.
 i n v i n s i b l e        i n i v i n c i b l e
So is they're critical chance. It could be slight a bit lower, ok. But still - they aren't just cannon fodder, PvE should be same challenging as PvP. Only thing, which I said in the previous post also - one should have a chance to escape those encounters.

At least have them aim somewhere else >.>.  stop making us get knocked out with every shot its fucking impossible to beat them this way.
It doesn't change the fact that it's just a oneliner and adds nothing to the topic.
...............  I don't see a poll, where are the polls?!?!?
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2010, 05:33:02 pm »

No offense, but that post is laughable.
Alright sure npc's are meant to give a good fight. The problem is. you mention loot. What loot? They drop 80% smg's/Hunting rifles/pistols
Which are worth what? 100-200 caps in a shop? And the xp? they give you what? 80-120 xp? Instead of risking your life. Go to brahmin square near NCR. encounter a pack of brahmin and get the same loot and xp without risking your life and a fight which lasts a less than 2 minutes.

The fun thing is. They are still easy to kill for powerbuilds or people with some caps to spend on gear with a few friends. Instead of buffing raiders which low level people/non PB train on.
Buff the good stuff instead. Being a lvl21 PB is actually boring since there is no challenge exept PvP and TC.
Buff those high tier NPC's. It doesn't have to be in form of hp.
A quick example. How does one kill a BoS patrol? simple shoot their arms. and voila no weapon. How does one solve this? Simple give them a ripper/.223 pistol as backup. now you have to cripple both arms!
To much loot? no, because they are more difficult to kill and thus should give a bigger reward.
There are many small things which could improve PvE so much really.

kraskish

« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2010, 05:39:22 pm »

I dont know if you were reading my post before. Not everyone knows about this forum. And its not a national tragedy because you can avoid some encounters in some places, my only remark is that they're badly placed. I dont want to fight them sometimes I go beyond NCR and all of a sudden rogues with AR burst or marauders burst or 2 shots per round + crit its enough for me to get nearly killed 78hp (lvl 9 ok but still)

Of course all the beginners or crafters wear mid tier for crafting/mining/ hunting scorpions bearing in mind NCR is a startplace for many people.

They aren't invisible.

How about introducing some sneaking encounters for the people willing to survive more adventures?

PvE when you think of creatures is done well, humanoids however are badass there, where they shouldnt like NCR

I totally agreed with Mickelh139, zones would be good. Making badass humanoid encounters autoatacking you with a burst is just not appropriate when you hunt for scorpions (again NCR, but you wont tell everyone from NCR to leave)

I COUNTED 7 people for changes in this thread (concerning their str) 1 person for their loot change and 3 against changes of strenght. So tell me barelly youre in minority? wooooooot
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 05:50:08 pm by kraskish »

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2010, 05:56:13 pm »

No offense, really, but sometimes I can understand some people saying that they "hate" NCR.  :-\
Many people think this is the "starter town" which it is not. There is no "starter town". Even in the nearer surrounding there are other towns offering the same possibilities as NCR. But, yeh...

I dont know if you were reading my post before. Not everyone knows about this forum. And its not a national tragedy because you can avoid some encounters in some places, my only remark is that they're badly placed. I dont want to fight them sometimes I go beyond NCR and all of a sudden rogues with AR burst or marauders burst or 2 shots per round + crit its enough for me to get nearly killed 78hp (lvl 9 ok but still)

Of course all the beginners or crafters wear mid tier for crafting/mining/ hunting scorpions bearing in mind NCR is a startplace for many people.

As said above, NCR is not the only town to live. Of course in the surrounding area of other towns also Robbers, Marauders etc. dwell and it's just natural. Some outlaws are always waiting at the outskirts of populated towns, it happens even in Real Life too. So I don't see a "badly placed" here.

PvE when you think of creatures is done well, humanoids however are badass there, where they shouldnt like NCR

Most of the creatures are way too easy to kill, even with lower levels. (see the easily killable molerats with almost every eyeshot an instakill etc.) And why should NPC humans be so much weaker then Player Character? As said, they aren't just canon fodder.

kraskish

« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2010, 06:24:45 pm »

No offense, really, but sometimes I can understand some people saying that they "hate" NCR.  :-\
Many people think this is the "starter town" which it is not. There is no "starter town". Even in the nearer surrounding there are other towns offering the same possibilities as NCR. But, yeh...

The thing is people start from somewhere. Ok, if there should be an easy area Id say NCR. why? it has the most players. Think. Players who are human, invite friends whatever. Guess what? Most of them are in NCR! Yep, even if you deny this and say that should prepare for harsheness of wasteland theres one thing you forgot, namely, supposingly they're starting in NCR, they try to get their first 10 brahmin hides, then comes mining. Of course during that they're pked a lot around the NCR because of number of players. OK. You cant change that. Just sometimes when they exp. on scorpions, they can encounter marauders which in my experience can appear all over around NCR, well bad for them PWNT again. Too high hp, range + crits.

I see that your point youd like to see the game without any new players at all? Because while my char is lvl 9 which is decent, I get angry, and reading this post not only me. As someone said (think Ved) the marauders were balanced well before because you could fight them back (they were running to you so you could escape without losses).

Groene Appel said that they are not worth the effort to kill them. Yep, as a matter of fact, bearing in mind their vicinity to NCR "beginner" area, mixing them with pks and those marauders youre pretty owned by the system at the start! Not telling that there should be some encouragement for the new players. Oh we dont want them... The idea is to place them somewhere else, maybe to the right side of the map above and below vault 15, and maybe introducing some melee characters or spears like slavers in klamath. Molerats are ok, in fact they're far better - you can escape without attacking. My point is, however that marauders being badly placed are too strong for their occurrence now. If Id like to shot them it should be some more remote place. you can switch them with molerats if you ask me :P

As said above, NCR is not the only town to live. Of course in the surrounding area of other towns also Robbers, Marauders etc. dwell and it's just natural. Some outlaws are always waiting at the outskirts of populated towns, it happens even in Real Life too. So I don't see a "badly placed" here.

As above.

Most of the creatures are way too easy to kill, even with lower levels. (see the easily killable molerats with almost every eyeshot an instakill etc.) And why should NPC humans be so much weaker then Player Character? As said, they aren't just canon fodder.

Id like the easy killable molerats to be in a low level area which is somehow NCR. New players are weaker than everything. If someone says some NPC are too weak make some are as I said, maybe near vault 13 with some badass 200-300 hp :P SOme people will hunt them, like on BoS

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2010, 06:30:18 pm »

I've skipped most of the flame here, so this may have been said before, but this is probably due to getting them in a hard region. The difficulties of regions are currently leftover from a time when these played no role in NPC strength, so NPC dificulty can be quite random around the map for the time being.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2010, 06:38:25 pm »

I've skipped most of the flame here, so this may have been said before, but this is probably due to getting them in a hard region. The difficulties of regions are currently leftover from a time when these played no role in NPC strength, so NPC dificulty can be quite random around the map for the time being.
And when will this be fixed/updated?    *crosses fingers*
« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2010, 06:43:31 pm »

Well that's good enough for me!
Is there an estimated time on when it will be updated? or will it be ready when it's ready?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 18 queries.