Other > Suggestions

[Work In Progress]Random low-tier equipment spawning in containers

(1/19) > >>

RJ:
Lots of new players check all available containers (and of course I am not talking about TC container) in towns looking for some random stuff (just like in Fallout games). This idea is about making game spawn low-tier equipment (weapons, small ammounts of ammunition and some low-tier medicines) in containers inside unguarded towns or locations. Stuff would respawn once per hour (or slower/faster - it's up to devs) and would have certain propability to spawn so for example: there is much higher propability that some spear or knife will spawn in container instead of flamer. All weapons could have random detoriation on them but it shouldn't be higher than 60% so weapons would be still usefull even for player with low repair skill.

My list of equipment that could be spawned:

Armors:
- Leather Jacket
- Leather Armor (very low propability)

Small Guns:
- Red Ryder BB Gun
- Pipe Rifle
- 9mm Mauser
- 10mm Pistol
- Shotgun
- Sawed-Off shotgun

Big Guns:
- Flamer

Energy Weapons:
- Wattz 1000 Laser Pistol    

Throwable (in random number)
- Rock
- Flare
- Throwing Knife (1-2)
- Molotov Cocktail (max 5)
- Frag Grenade (very low propability, max 5)

Melee weapons and tools:
- Switchblade
- Primitive Tool
- Hatchet
- Shovel
- Sledgehammer
- Knife
- Combat knife
- Sharpened Pole
- Spear
- Sharpened Spear
- Club
- Crowbar
- Brass Knuckles
- Spiked Knuckles

Ammunition:
- BB's (max 100)
- 9mm ball (max 15)
- 10mm JHP (max 25)
- 12 ga. Shotgun Shells (max 15)
- Flamethrower Fuel (max 5)
- Small Energy Cells (max 25)

Drugs:
- Weak healing powder
- Antidote
- Healing powder
- Stimpak (low propability)

Small ammounts of food and resources (except of Uranium Ore, Meat Jerky, HQ minerals and HQ iron ore).

As I said at begining this will be usefull for low level players that would look for this stuff and use it/trade it for anything else. All of unguarded towns could have this system implemented. As for other locations I can only think of: Waterworks, Toxic Caves and Necropolis (which is in fact unguarded town :)).

Please. Make sure you voted in a poll above. Also if you don't like this idea, please, write why.

GroeneAppel:
I like this. Gives back the exploration vibe from the fallout games. And those scavenger encounters would make sense now  ;D

This is also a good method for low level players to explore the world with rewards, something which this game really needs.

Also, perhaps better equipement would spawn in locations like the Glow. Or Mariposa. Afcoarse gaurded by npc or radiation.

I think exploration should play a large part of this game, it should even be interresting for people lvl 21.

Kilgore:
Yeah, let's introduce "Containers farming" for noobs.

Seriously, why don't you place the stuff that you mentioned by yourself? There are already fuckloads of stuff everywhere, especially low-tier, so why would we need game mechanics to spawn more of that crap?

RJ:
Well because it actually fits Fallout theme (junk/crap items around and people picking them up for some reasons - either to sell them for some caps or keep for themselves).
Also it promotes exploring world by (as you called them) noobs instead of standing in safe cities. If it would be feature then players would actually search around for stuff as in at least few of those containers there would be some equipment.

kraskish:
1. Overloads the server with useless junk

2. noobs going to unguarded towns? Sounds good for them :D they wouldnt go anyway... It sounds like youre camping grid player wanting to attract more noobs to kill with your 10mm smg

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version