"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 28, 2024, 11:57:54 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Reworking of the dispersement of caps.  (Read 9764 times)

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
Re: Reworking of the dispersement of caps.
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2010, 09:20:46 pm »

VC courtyard, NCR, HUB, Adytnm(or whatever), are always emptied of caps right after their inv are refreshed. SF is usually crawling with players that can kill you and half the city so guards aren't that much of a deterrent, not to mention the mobs around the entrance that have plasma nades which are pretty hard to defend against(who wears tesla?). Plus even if you make the 5 min trip across the worldmap (144 outdoor) there's no guarantee  they have the caps you want or that you'll get home alive. A lot of risk for little reward. I mean there's tons of caps in modoc, new reno and klamath but there's also pvper's popping in periodically to kill everything. If you could stack items to a dollar amount to buy mercs and bases it would improve the game a lot as you start of with 50-90 det loot, and usually take a loss at shitty vendors because they are the only ones who keep caps. Like sf courtyard doc who gives less money for med supplies than a bartender. It's tedious when you have 100k you need to collect and the most you can get per vendor is like 2-4k, more if you're really lucky, every 6 hours. Plus with competition I have to make my money off hours when everyone is asleep so I'm hoarding items all day.
This was the point I was trying to make.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2010, 09:21:08 pm »

VC courtyard, NCR, HUB, Adytnm(or whatever), are always emptied of caps right after their inv are refreshed. SF is usually crawling with players that can kill you and half the city so guards aren't that much of a deterrent, not to mention the mobs around the entrance that have plasma nades which are pretty hard to defend against(who wears tesla?). Plus even if you make the 5 min trip across the worldmap (144 outdoor) there's no guarantee  they have the caps you want or that you'll get home alive. A lot of risk for little reward. I mean there's tons of caps in modoc, new reno and klamath but there's also pvper's popping in periodically to kill everything. If you could stack items to a dollar amount to buy mercs and bases it would improve the game a lot as you start of with 50-90 det loot, and usually take a loss at shitty vendors because they are the only ones who keep caps. Like sf courtyard doc who gives less money for med supplies than a bartender. It's tedious when you have 100k you need to collect and the most you can get per vendor is like 2-4k, more if you're really lucky, every 6 hours. Plus with competition I have to make my money off hours when everyone is asleep so I'm hoarding items all day.

then start thinking when you play, buy fuckin day pass, use trains to travel, looks like you have troubles only because you want to wtf?
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2010, 09:23:58 pm »

then start thinking when you play, buy fuckin day pass, use trains to travel, looks like you have troubles only because you want to wtf?

The trains run too slow, and getting caps from inner vc means converting my entire stock into healing powders or some shit.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2010, 09:34:49 pm »

The trains run too slow, and getting caps from inner vc means converting my entire stock into healing powders or some shit.

inner vc have drug dealer, weapons dealer and armor dealer, arent these all the stuff people trade in for caps? And trains are fast enough if you want travel safe, if you dont then dont cry you getting encountered.
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2010, 09:38:32 pm »

inner vc have drug dealer, weapons dealer and armor dealer, arent these all the stuff people trade in for caps? And trains are fast enough if you want travel safe, if you dont then dont cry you getting encountered.

I'm not gonna stand around a virtual platform for 6 min waiting for a damn invisible train. Not to mention I always travel with mercs and 600 caps a station is pretty steep. Inner vc armour/weapons dealers have really bad prices for the things I'm selling. Merchants like that are interested in high end weapons (which is too risky to farm over long periods) or armour which can only be crafted.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2010, 09:59:40 pm »

Btw noob question: Wtf is a day pass?  I saw someone holding one before but didn't know what it was and didn't think to ask.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 01:30:55 pm by Surf Solar »
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2010, 10:39:33 pm »

Your just looking to troll someone aren't you?

Btw noob question: Wtf is a day pass?  I saw someone holding one before but didn't know what it was and didn't think to ask.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Day_Pass

Aricvomit

• Prepare for bowel disruption
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2010, 11:48:17 pm »

i think biggest problem for author is that he lives in NCR, because all other traders in other towns have huge amounts of caps, so better instead of making suggestions like current, explore wasteland more :>

ugh, you know what. i never minded you really till now. dont speak without knowing who i am and what i do. I almost never shop at NCR because i know there wont be any caps whatsoever. i pretty much hit san fran, so vedaras the next time i see you out in the wastes dont expect any mercy.
plasma nade your face off!
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2010, 02:12:51 am »

Well the trains are totally broken.

« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2010, 02:28:59 am »

Funny story relating to this, usually when I don't want to deal with thieves and the "LOL-NO-CAPS" of ncr and hub, I make risky trips to aytum and gunrunners.

Just today this happened, I finished trading at gunrunners and a 1 CH powerbuild with brotherhood armor and an avenger mini-gun blocks the front door, guards do nothing. So expecting him to be just another Russian PKer I go out the back door and try running off to the other side, he follows, I go to the other side, he follows, then its just me and him going from side to side. I managed to shake him off for a bit and get near the exit but then he bursts me for 82 and breaks my recently bought armor, still running, right before I hit the safe zone he bursts me and I'm dead. I'm not sure if the guards killed him, he was strong.

I lost a HK caws, metal armor mk2, a magnum, about 7000 caps, leather armor mk2 and a combat jacket with plenty of ammunition. Felt bad man :(

Anyway to the point, Im all for this idea, as it stands now, NOT ENOUGH caps are in circulation right now, makes it all the more harder for players who are not 10 EN 1 CH powerbuilds.
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2010, 03:07:10 am »

I am not sure how "1 CH/10 EN powerbuilds" got into this discussion, however I agree with vederas, I never had problems making caps from vendors. I would also say that I play exclusively in the north and never used any traders in the south.
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2010, 03:13:03 am »

My merchant alt go often SF, no problem until now (if I see too much people i don't go in or if I was in, Ii run ) until now nothing happened...
Hub and ncr are full of thieves, I go here only with my Hth alt for the lol of killing them ( I had a beatiful fight with a thieves Hth, very fun)

If you want the shivers go to New Reno and the Gas Station, when I was truly needing caps there i was , and caps I found, many pk too but
if you are prudent the chance are for you, pk too die in New Reno...

The difficulty to find some caps make they more worthy, too much caps and my trip with my merchant guy will become totally boredom .
My two cent
One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2010, 08:58:46 am »

i think biggest problem for author is that he lives in NCR, because all other traders in other towns have huge amounts of caps, so better instead of making suggestions like current, explore wasteland more :>

i'd disagree here. yesterday i was in need of a dog for my new char with low Outdoorsman. It was a pain in to travel VC - NCR - Junktown - Hub - Boneyard - i manages to find around 800 caps only. Then i was PKed)
life goes on...
JayDoom

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2010, 01:30:34 pm »

Well the trains are totally broken.

Now would you enlighten me what it is "broken" at the trains?

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2010, 01:46:56 pm »

Now would you enlighten me what it is "broken" at the trains?

time arriving table is :> i mean conductors saying wrong times often.
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 21 queries.