"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 08:23:41 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Mercs that survive you dying come find you  (Read 15653 times)

Re: Mercs that survive you dying come find you
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2010, 08:42:32 pm »

I make a lot of money on my own and even with faction support mercs are pretty pricey.

John.Metzger

• Hey Joe.
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2010, 06:13:17 am »

Example:

5 supermutant mercs. let us say they have rocketluncher and minigun and hmm 380hp.
You died first . they survived (what a surprise)

get them back without paying?  ::) ::)

its like in reallife. bodyguards have more hp than you. hah!
they catch the bullets for you.
BUT if you die, they dont care and start work for another one.

be happy that YOU have a respawnpoint .)
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2010, 06:25:02 am »

though i may not be a loner, i do agree with you that i wouldent want to join a big faction that swims in caps and top gear, it'd be a huge pain for me with that many friends, and even more of a pain if i dident get along with em, so i stick with the friends i have, im pretty happy with that

Yeah i wouldnt mind some small for fun faction either, but as a loner getting those caps can be hard when you still cant craft 2nd or 3rd tier weapons,
the HQ ore requirements usually prove to be too big of an obstacle, and too many times DE selling run to gunrunners ends when theres some bg guy at exit grid
haha.

Loners can and often will have hard time pulling out the caps needed for mercs since even gear is hard to keep for much longer than couple hours.
Slaves are one option but surviving to metzger isnt easy either for the tattoo, guess you could grab an army of wanderers only for starters haha, combat
knives are relatively cheap and decently effective vs basic critters.
Even if all merc prices would be doubled, and super mutants made to cost 100k...there would still be people who can buy those easily most likely,
just resulting in stronger getting even stronger while weaker factions and especially loners would get even weaker.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 06:28:21 am by Kardia »

Ziven

• *PEW**PEW**PEW*
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2010, 08:00:17 am »

Example:

5 supermutant mercs. let us say they have rocketluncher and minigun and hmm 380hp.
You died first . they survived (what a surprise)

get them back without paying?  ::) ::)

its like in reallife. bodyguards have more hp than you. hah!
they catch the bullets for you.
BUT if you die, they dont care and start work for another one.

be happy that YOU have a respawnpoint .)

Imagine how frustrated you are when you die and lose some crap that is worth a couple thousand caps vs losing 100K of mercs one shot + their gear. Then think of how many trips to vendors that is for 2-5k caps if you're lucky.

John.Metzger

• Hey Joe.
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2010, 08:46:09 am »

Imagine how frustrated you are when you die and lose some crap that is worth a couple thousand caps vs losing 100K of mercs one shot + their gear. Then think of how many trips to vendors that is for 2-5k caps if you're lucky.

hoh. i know this frustration (omg i know)
BUT Mercs give you a big advantage

there are two parts of it:

1. you absolutly feels like necromancer in diablo 2 if you play in realtime.
    there is just endless loot. 5 melle mercs with rippers or supersledges?
    you will have the costs for the mercs in 10 min back in your pocket.
    leader chars make 10k-50k in a hour normaly
    you are GUARDED!
    you played weeeeeeeeeeeeks without dying.

2. sometimes you just died. you lost everything.
    unlucky bad thing. but that happend.
    you have to start new. like all others do.
    (and you still able to lead 5 mercs again)

i cant understand why it should change? they leave you if you die! sounds normal.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 09:42:00 pm by John.Metzger »
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2010, 08:10:14 pm »

There's a big difference between making "50k" in loot vs actually having 50k in caps. If my cha char dies it's take a few days to get enough caps to get even half my mercs back due to what a pain it is to find them.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2010, 08:14:36 pm »

hoh. i know this frustration (omg i know)
BUT Mercs give you a big advantage

there are two parts of it:

1. you absolutly feels like necromancer in diablo 2 if you play in realtime.
    there is just endless loot. 5 melle mercs with rippers or supersledges?
    you will have the costs for the mercs in 10 min back in your pocket.
    leader chars make 10k-50k in a hour normaly
    you are GUARDED!
    you played weeeeeeeeeeeeks without dying.

2. sometimes you just died. you lost everything.
    unlucky bad thing. but that happend.
    you have to start new. like all others do.
    (and you still able to lead 5 mercs again)

i cant understand why it should change? they leave you if you die! sounds normal.
Not Dying for weeeeeeeeeeeks is no longer the case since they jacked up npc crit chances and overall difficulty.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2010, 09:33:39 pm »

Mercs should loot your corpse and maybe try to ransom your stuff back to you.
I wish there were bags, backpacks, etc. in Fonline.

arathhunter

• Arath =Gray Rock Village Leader= -Canadian Drow-
« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2010, 07:31:13 pm »

Mercs should loot your corpse and maybe try to ransom your stuff back to you.
what are you going to barter for it back when you respawn? and if they did take it you could just use trade to get your things for free

Bulldog

• Just some random noob.
« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2010, 03:43:23 am »

Maybe there should at least be some...merc lvl saving function? For example, one guy lvl's up his merc (a pain) and his days/weeks of torture should not just puf? When players die, they don't loose their lvl... So for example, when the merc dies, he could be replicated with the same lvl he was, although this procedure should also cost some money.
English is not my native language, go easy on me.

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2010, 03:49:53 am »

Maybe there should at least be some...merc lvl saving function? For example, one guy lvl's up his merc (a pain) and his days/weeks of torture should not just puf? When players die, they don't loose their lvl... So for example, when the merc dies, he could be replicated with the same lvl he was, although this procedure should also cost some money.

Yes. Like players. Just imagine grinding you and your mercs. That would make playing leader char much better. Instant boost to gameplay lenght  8)
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2010, 03:51:33 am »

Yes. Like players. Just imagine grinding you and your mercs. That would make playing leader char much better. Instant boost to gameplay lenght  8)
Omg yes!!!  PPPLLLEEEEAAASSEEE...  Although I am going to be honest...  Merc leaders will be pretty god damn overpowered if somone managed to lvl em all up to 21.  It'll be like having 5 universal Militia with you wherever you go :o.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2010, 03:54:56 am »

Omg yes!!!  PPPLLLEEEEAAASSEEE...  Although I am going to be honest...  Merc leaders will be pretty god damn overpowered if somone managed to lvl em all up to 21.  It'll be like having 5 universal Militia with you wherever you go :o.

Yeah I thought about that. Well either way mercs comming to nearest pub and losing the level or keeping it but required to pay some fee... dunno, both would be interesting :D
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator
« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2010, 05:53:45 am »

Tbh, i always wished mercs started weak (50 or so hp for high end melee possibly 70-80 for the expensive EW or BG merc) and gained 10 or so hp a level but they start with a leather jacket and it increases to something different every 5 levels, leather jacket, leather armor, metal armor, combat armor, also it will separate a true merc leader from just some guy who uses an alt with 5 mercs. Spending weeks trying to level up mercs deserves some type of reward also if mercs die it could be you can buy ones that start at 50% of the last ones level.
Also it might stop merc prices getting inflated by big gangs massing merc alts because they know said mercs will be shitty unless they spend the time to level them up.
« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2010, 06:13:53 am »

Tbh, i always wished mercs started weak (50 or so hp for high end melee possibly 70-80 for the expensive EW or BG merc) and gained 10 or so hp a level but they start with a leather jacket and it increases to something different every 5 levels, leather jacket, leather armor, metal armor, combat armor, also it will separate a true merc leader from just some guy who uses an alt with 5 mercs. Spending weeks trying to level up mercs deserves some type of reward also if mercs die it could be you can buy ones that start at 50% of the last ones level.
Also it might stop merc prices getting inflated by big gangs massing merc alts because they know said mercs will be shitty unless they spend the time to level them up.
If your merc died, you could possibly have it cloned for price. Just like how players are kinda cloned after they die.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Page created in 4.414 seconds with 23 queries.