"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 08:23:53 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Mercs that survive you dying come find you  (Read 15654 times)

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
Re: Mercs that survive you dying come find you
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2010, 09:51:44 pm »

When you die you lose like 5 k caps worth of shit, when i die i lose like 75k and then have to pay 90k to get back to what i was at.
This shit right here....  Charisma Characters got it alot worse.... ALOT worse..
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2010, 10:04:43 pm »

they also have like 40% bg skill

Doesn't work like that I tihnk. Ghoul crazies have sg at 80 but hit about 8/10 times (aimed shots) from a long range, no way you can pull that off with 80sg. I think the number you see is the actual chance they have to hit you. Otherwise npc's would miss way more often on you. afcoarse this number lowers with AC, so thats why some critters have above 100 chance to hit (rounded down to 95% always)

Also, I agree with the suggestion. You should just be able to talk to the merc seller and get your mercs back. remember they don't know that you died.

You: Hey where did my mercs go?
Merc seller: wait, what how, they told me you were dead!
You: Well im standing here ain't I?
Merc seller: Well yes, well I guess they just decided to play a prank on you, here they are. Now off you go and have fun with them.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 10:09:05 pm by GroeneAppel »

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2010, 10:15:02 pm »

Doesn't work like that I tihnk. Ghoul crazies have sg at 80 but hit about 8/10 times (aimed shots) from a long range, no way you can pull that off with 80sg. I think the number you see is the actual chance they have to hit you. Otherwise npc's would miss way more often on you. afcoarse this number lowers with AC, so thats why some critters have above 100 chance to hit (rounded down to 95% always)

Also, I agree with the suggestion. You should just be able to talk to the merc seller and get your mercs back. remember they don't know that you died.

You: Hey where did my mercs go?
Merc seller: wait, what how, they told me you were dead!
You: Well im standing here ain't I?
Merc seller: Well yes, well I guess they just decided to play a prank on you, here they are. Now off you go and have fun with them.
This seems nice but it could be used as an insta-army teleporter...
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2010, 10:18:07 pm »

This seems nice but it could be used as an insta-army teleporter...

Got a point there.
You could solve that by adding a small price tag to it (10-25% of original price or something)
Or giving the merc a 30-50% chance of dying on his way back, (hey wasteland is harsh, you never know what could happen)
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2010, 10:23:20 pm »

Got a point there.
You could solve that by adding a small price tag to it (10-25% of original price or something)
Or giving the merc a 30-50% chance of dying on his way back, (hey wasteland is harsh, you never know what could happen)

Chance of dying is a bad idea, defeats the whole purpose. Neither does paying 10%, I already paid for merc. With the radio idea they'd just come to your location like they used to and you wouldn't have 5 mutants popping up in bh out of nowhere. It could also help with followers getting stuck on the worldmap.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2010, 10:27:52 pm »

Chance of dying is a bad idea, defeats the whole purpose. Neither does paying 10%, I already paid for merc. With the radio idea they'd just come to your location like they used to and you wouldn't have 5 mutants popping up in bh out of nowhere. It could also help with followers getting stuck on the worldmap.
i still support your original suggestion but this too would have to be a single death no more travelling thing or it'd be exploited, altho that way can also be exploited but it'd be harder... slightly.
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2010, 10:29:22 pm »

everything can be exploited, the game would still benefit from the feature.

« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2010, 10:42:52 pm »

everything can be exploited, the game would still benefit from the feature.

Yes and that's a problem. I'm pretty sure restricting exploits is a goal for devs. When implenting a suggest, it would save time to implent it with restriction for exploits while you are at it.
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2010, 11:13:59 pm »

Yes and that's a problem. I'm pretty sure restricting exploits is a goal for devs. When implenting a suggest, it would save time to implent it with restriction for exploits while you are at it.

There is no proof that there's benefit to this.

arathhunter

• Arath =Gray Rock Village Leader= -Canadian Drow-
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2010, 06:02:51 am »

they also have like 40% bg skill
well if they can level, dosent it go up?

« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2010, 07:10:16 am »

well if they can level, dosent it go up?

I heard all skills go up 5% per lvl but who knows.

arathhunter

« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2010, 01:07:41 am »

I heard all skills go up 5% per lvl but who knows.
thats not to bad, i guess a easy way to level them is to go to  your factions brahmin pen, give your slave/merc a spear/knife/fist weapon, and sit there with your merc when you go to sleep or when your out, the brahmin will attack you, while your slave kills the brahmin, i did this while i wwent to school with 2 slaves, and it worked, ( was 50hp each, now 56hp both) it helps alot of you have toughness x2

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2010, 07:13:40 am »

well,i think this is allready implemented,or is a bug,i dunno,cuz at some respawn points i saw some slaves and merks,i think there the survivoors,but i dunno
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2010, 02:23:05 pm »

I have one slaver/merc character also and this idea sure would help it a lot, personally i dont really like the idea that merc prices keep rising because
rich people will always be rich more or less and can afford those. While the loners who dont have luxury of bases are kicked to nuts hardcore,
and not everyone want to be part of big faction that swims in caps and top gear.

arathhunter

« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2010, 08:38:42 pm »

I have one slaver/merc character also and this idea sure would help it a lot, personally i dont really like the idea that merc prices keep rising because
rich people will always be rich more or less and can afford those. While the loners who dont have luxury of bases are kicked to nuts hardcore,
and not everyone want to be part of big faction that swims in caps and top gear.

though i may not be a loner, i do agree with you that i wouldent want to join a big faction that swims in caps and top gear, it'd be a huge pain for me with that many friends, and even more of a pain if i dident get along with em, so i stick with the friends i have, im pretty happy with that

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 22 queries.