"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • March 28, 2024, 04:43:41 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Help with followers: Problems list and solutions.  (Read 27941 times)

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
Help with followers: Problems list and solutions.
« on: May 24, 2010, 09:59:09 pm »

"My Follower(s) is running around in circles like he is having an asthama attack and needs attention."

Solution: alt+stop all actions.

"My Follower(s) is attacking everything on sight wtf?"

Solution: talk to, attack style, Don't attack till you get hit.

"My follower(s) keep disappearing into no where and won't follow orders."

Solution: Same thing as first problem but the way you are connected to followers is by perception.  You have to be seeing them and giving the order "Stop all actions" at the same time.

"My follower(s) doesn't follow orders correctly, I tell him to attack High Priority but he just ignores it."

Solution: No real answer but to keep trying, mercs tend to have a mind of their own in a fight...  Also when a new npc or player joins the fight against you, all attack orders are reset for some reason.

"My follower(s) won't follow when I tell him/her to automove.  wtf?"

Solution: You probably told your follower to "Stay here" in conversation mode, which causes the follower to completely ignore the "automove" command completely for some reason.  Just tell him/her to "Move to" somewhere or just tell him/her to follow in conversation.

"My follower(s) NEVER listen to commands in Turn-Based combat, this sucks."

Solution:  No solution, your just plain fucked.. besides, mercs are wayyyyyy more useful in RT, trust me.

"My Big gun follower(s) keep shooting and killing me wasting all that time and money etc... this is bs."

Solution:  Yes it is bullshit how shitty the AI is with BIG GUNS and friendly fire, but hey, I'm sure its on their top priority list, so just sweat it out with some smallgun followers till then, or just go lone with it and make sure to move it where it cant shoot you from where its at.  The "Move to" command is thar and works pretty well in RT. Always better to use High priority though since they run...

"My follower just stands there in a doorway not doing anything and getting tagged as blocker and killed, what teh foo man?"

Solution: Two things: 1. Your follower simply stopped there at the wrong moment and time and you didnt move far enough in the building for him to come inside, just be more cautious. 2. Someone was in the way and when there is no alternate route the AI gets fucked up and just sits there even when the person/thing blockin the way moves he'll still be "Brain fucked", so be more cautious with this too....

My follower(s) constantly say "He seems to be busy" when I talk to him but he is just standing there, he isn't doing anything..."

Solution: There are a couple different scenarios as to how this can happen, usually from it being blocked from going through the only door of a building or vice versa, but either tell him stop all actions or "Move to, then stop all actions".  If that doesn't work call a gm.  But don't expect it to be immediate so if your merc is too valuable to lose I suggest placing any other followers in defense postions and hold out as long as possible. Btw if your follower is right in the doorway trying using the push action.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 12:01:08 am by Michaelh139 »
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Surf

• это моё.
Re: Follower bugs list and Solutions.
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 03:39:37 pm »

Good one, but you should format the text a bit more. ;)

Like:

Question:

Answer.

Just that it is a bit more readable. ;)

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 05:55:15 pm »

Please edit your first post :

A bug doesn't need solution, a bug needs to be fixed.

A problem has to have a solution, like :
"My Follower(s) is running around in circles like he is having an asthama attack and needs attention."

Solution: alt+stop all actions.

If you want to make a followers bugs' list, do it in Bugs part (and no need to post a solution with them) ; if you want to make a tutorial for newcomers to learn to control their mercs, post this list as a tutorial and remove bugs that are waiting for a fix, and if you want to post a list of mercs' problems (lack of features) with solutions, do it too. But not the three at once =)
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2010, 09:43:15 pm »

Please edit your first post :

A bug doesn't need solution, a bug needs to be fixed.

A problem has to have a solution, like :
If you want to make a followers bugs' list, do it in Bugs part (and no need to post a solution with them) ; if you want to make a tutorial for newcomers to learn to control their mercs, post this list as a tutorial and remove bugs that are waiting for a fix, and if you want to post a list of mercs' problems (lack of features) with solutions, do it too. But not the three at once =)

I know they need to be solved but since these bugs are so old and haven't been solved yet might as well post some solutions in the meantime...  Also I put it in Suvival Guides/Game Help because this is exactly what that is, survival guide to being charisma character and Game Help due on how to solve problems when controlling AI.  But if you must send this topic to Bugs I'm sure plenty of people will use the search engine and see this, just not as many.

Good one, but you should format the text a bit more. ;)

Like:

Question:

Answer.

Just that it is a bit more readable. ;)

Soon to be fixed. :P
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2010, 10:25:22 am »

It's good as it is now. I updated topics' title. If you keep this up to date, it will get a sticky (o/).
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
Re: Help with followers : Problems list and solutions.
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2010, 12:03:46 am »

Updated.

Red Bear

• aka Black Jack
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2010, 06:39:19 am »

Text is not readable. Red and green text on a grey wall is not very good combination. Please, try to use other colors or bold/italic/underline tools.

Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2010, 05:48:22 pm »

Text is not readable. Red and green text on a grey wall is not very good combination. Please, try to use other colors or bold/italic/underline tools.
It's not grey it is black... very easy to read for me :/
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2010, 02:57:05 am »

It's not grey it is black... very easy to read for me :/

Although I have to say it looks more like a mix of black and grey it is very easy for me to read also and none of the moderators have complained about it thus far so it'll stay as it is for now.

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2010, 02:58:14 am »

Definitively dark gray.  ;)
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2010, 03:04:22 am »

Definitively dark gray.  ;)
Much better description   ;D.

Btw I added another bug/solution.

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2010, 01:03:56 pm »

if the folower is near you and movement is set to auto and you told him to stay close,move a hex,he will move in the same hex you where standong,and now you can talk to him

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2010, 02:38:57 am »

Any new Problems with AI lately guys?

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2010, 04:47:22 am »

Updateedd ;D.

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2010, 11:48:27 am »

Sticky.
My Youtube channel.

- J.E. Sawyer
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 21 queries.