"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 12, 2024, 05:17:50 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Add a 4th tag skill to reduce alts  (Read 5482 times)

ShemsuHor

• I don't like the drugs but the drugs like me
Re: Add a 4th tag skill to reduce alts
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2010, 08:49:00 pm »

Another idea- a bit harsh but...(you all know what is harsh :P) Make the server automaticlly delete every char that haven't reached lvl 10 after a week? Exping an alt to lvl 10 could be considered a waste of time for powergamers(?) so they will focus on making their main and only char be able to craft the stuff needed?
Dont' hate the game- hate the player..killers

Pandemon

• The GM-eater
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2010, 08:54:27 pm »

That's not the problem for players who play non-stop for 5-6 hours daily but will be problem for players who got really small time for playing. Totally dissagree.
There is nothing as demotivating as the Game Masters

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2010, 08:59:53 pm »

Both of those ideas are terrible. Reaching lvl 10 has nothing to do with anything and would just punish players that don't have a lot of time to play. As for online games that are "free" but you can buy items, those are the worst pieces of crap to masquerade as a game ever created. You end up with a large free playerbase of infrequent or new players in the world while only the players with money to waste can actually compete. Either way it's nonsense because they'd get their asses sued out of existence. Pretty much the whole skill system needs reworking along with everything else because once again it was never designed for this purpose. Skill points in different abilities do not have equal value, for example 100 outdoor is great but 100 repair does nothing. Plus the whole complaint about people having 250% gun skill, that's still the majority of most players points and if they have more it means they sacrificed other important things to get them. Hell with 7 pe and 250% small gun i can't eyeshot past 24 hex, it's not as overpowered as some seem to claim. Either way its just chance to hit, damage is all perk related. The whole skill/combat will eventually get overhauled but the devs are busy doing other things and it can wait, until then adding another tag would fix a lot of the problems. People won't level a crafter alt if they can do both with one char and it's not like it matters to you when you get minigunned who made the guys ammo.

Pandemon

• The GM-eater
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2010, 09:10:39 pm »

Firstly, I've never said that items for donation is good idea. I've just say it will happen if SDK will be released (always happen when players make lots of private servers of any online game - examples: Tibia, WoW, Lineage etc.).

And about reworking the system of skills. It's wrong built as whole game. In sum atm. game prefers n-alts for 1 powerbuild fighting in RT-mode with n-cheats and n-aimbots for getting n-town without bigger sense. Quests are on the third or even farer background, same with NPC-driven factions. In this game players with non-powerbuild get angry after reaching 10 level because of still being killed by powerbuilds and players with powerbuild are getting bored after ~month of playing (most of them, most of powerbuilds who I know) becouse weapons are unballanced, armors are unballanced, professions are unbalanced and PvP has no bigger sense than getting useless town.

Don't think I am whining only for whining. I wanna changes! modifications! reworks! and not only want to see them. I want to take part in building this better world but ofc. Atom or Lexx (forgot who was that) said that they don't need me to help in writing scripts, reworking engine or something else.

That's why I am still waiting for releasing SDK, even if I know that will be failure.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 09:12:31 pm by Pandemon »
There is nothing as demotivating as the Game Masters

Aricvomit

• Prepare for bowel disruption
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2010, 11:09:13 pm »

Honestly, adding tag would be fine with me but I think maybe they should raise the level cap a few levels, I'm not saying add the perks that come at those levels but just allow people to keep leveling up, or maybe add quests or encounters you can only get at level 15+.
plasma nade your face off!

Archaeon_dude

• "PKing is baaaaad!"
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2010, 07:52:21 am »

I totally support the possibility blockade for IP and hardware ID, as much as I agree to the insertion of a 4th tag skill and a higher level limit. This game is made to function as a whole, so disbalances should not be that hard to deal with if done smartly. Overpowering characters will be more bound to the influence of reputations and karma variables, and they would have a certain restriction to access random encounters with low level characters. The bounty hunts will be perfected and too damn evil or too good high level characters will be chased by factions and the common everydude; also the game encounter and quest dynamic will encourage combat between higher level charactes.

Sorry if I totally overdid them hypotheticals!
Didn't, got killed.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 22 queries.