"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 19, 2024, 09:04:58 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Difference between car and caravan  (Read 2140 times)

Difference between car and caravan
« on: April 07, 2010, 02:50:33 pm »

Hi,
i'm thinking about buying car or caravan but i dont know difference between them. Car cancels encounter or is still possible to found them? And what are the benefits of all cars and caravans?
Re: Difference between car and caravan
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 02:54:46 pm »

Caravans are for storage.

Cars offer a faster travel speed and storage.
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 03:01:24 pm »

Caravan has HUGE trunk that is really good for transporting stuff, slow speed, little fuel capacity, but that doesnt matter as it gets drained REALLY slow. Also, they break up slowly and you dont have to repair it too often And big bonus - the 'fuel' a.k.a. water usually very easy to get. Caravan costs a brahmin and 4000 caps for medium one (big trunk), and 5000 caps for large one (no idea why to use this, ive never filled medium one full). So techically if you buy the brahmin at NCR, it all gonna cost you ~4300 at least. Cars? Cars are times more expensive. Also, they gotta get repaired more often. Cant tell the exact price, but its definately atleast 30000+ and i think it might be actually 50000+. Cars are fast but have limited seats and consume more expensive fuel - small energy cells (SECs) (dunno about MFCs). Buggy is the cheapest one, also the fastest one but small trunk and only two seats. Then comes the scout. Slow, but sturdy. Hummer's big and tough, but as i hear it eats fuel much. Highwayman - costs more caps you've ever seen, dont know much else about it: ive used only caravans/buggy/scout. Thats all i can tell you in general, ask if you need something more precise.

P.S.
Found some basic info: http://www.fo2238.fodev.net/wiki/Cars
But i dont think the prices are right.
Another edit:
Car cancels encounter or is still possible to found them?
You will still encounter stuff as much as before, but if you encounter it with car, the car usually spawns in middle of map: that usually serves as hiding spot as the car blocks FOV and another exit point, if you got the key. No idea about cars, but if you encounter something with caravan, everyone else on the world map will see a dot and can join your encounter. And thats truly fucked up.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 03:07:59 pm by Quentin Lang »
I give a fuck.
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2010, 03:06:10 pm »

I would like especially to know how it is with Encounters,if I go by car to get to my destination safely or have the opportunity to meet enounter..

Edit: Thanks you were faster^^ :)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 03:13:59 pm by Deathmann »

Gruik

• GROAR!
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2010, 09:54:35 pm »

Same for cars and caravans about encounters. If you put your car in the wasteland, there will be a yellow spot which can be seeing by everybody. Tried yesterday.
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2010, 10:27:46 pm »

Same for cars and caravans about encounters. If you put your car in the wasteland, there will be a yellow spot which can be seeing by everybody. Tried yesterday.

Hmm,that's not gut... BTW what about repair car, it is possible to make car unrepairable like is guns and how much high repair you need to repair car?

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2010, 10:47:33 pm »

You can repair a car with any skill, but you will have to repair it more than once with low skill. Anyway you can't fail and a car at 100% det can't work, but can still be repaired.
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2010, 11:24:02 pm »

whats the difference between only brahmin and caravan?
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2010, 12:01:21 pm »

whats the difference between only brahmin and caravan?
i think that brahmin can be killed...

arathhunter

• Arath =Gray Rock Village Leader= -Canadian Drow-
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2010, 04:04:30 am »

cant the caravan get killed?

Wipe

• Rotator
  • Random is god
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2010, 05:29:47 am »

i think that brahmin can be killed...

Negative.
Games are meant to be created, not played...

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2010, 05:03:40 pm »

Hi i have some questions for the caravan.

1) what  happen when it get lockpicked? i lose the caravan or i lost the items?

2) if i enter a guarded area, and my caravan got lockpicked and can that person steal my items? if so, can i shoot him without getting killed?

3) i haave a brahmin, it seem that people can steal from it, if they do will the guard shoot it?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 05:08:45 pm by heroremix »

Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2010, 05:10:29 pm »

Hi i have some questions for te caravan.

1) what  happen when it get lockpicked? i lose the caravan or i lost the items?

2) if i enter a guarded area, and my caravan got lockpicked and can that person steal my items? if so, can i shoot him without getting killed?

3) how do people hijack caravan?

It depend, he can lockpick the caravan (and stole it) or only the storage (easier) and get your item, but I dunno if you can shot him.
Simply use lockpick on the caravan to take it, do it with a key in the hand and it become the caravan key.
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.287 seconds with 22 queries.