"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 12, 2024, 10:20:16 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog

Poll

What kind of weapon class do you prefer?

Small guns
Big guns
Energy weapons
Throwing weapons
Melee weapons
Unarmed
Exposives (bombs)
I am pacifist

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: I am awkward with Sniper r., but want to play SG  (Read 12488 times)

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
Re: I am awkward with Sniper r., but want to play SG
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2010, 09:10:46 am »

Maybe you should try to be a little more open minded vederas because afterall you seem to find alot of little things you want implemented.I see your suggestions all over this forum but almost never see anything positive come from you on anyone elses.

the thing is that most suggestions made by players are made not to improve the game itself, but to improve themselves (players and their strength). This suggestion is no exception.
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2010, 09:27:02 am »

Im not really sure what the authors intent was vederas but its gone beyond his first post now and balancing the different classes and weapons has always been a very hot topic around fonline.

I dont remember the name of the topic you wrote a couple weeks ago but it was something about you wanting awareness in relation to your mercs without having to take the perk.If that wasnt a post made for your own benefit then id say your a liar AND a hypocrit.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2010, 11:34:36 am »

I dont remember the name of the topic you wrote a couple weeks ago but it was something about you wanting awareness in relation to your mercs without having to take the perk.If that wasnt a post made for your own benefit then id say your a liar AND a hypocrit.

You see thing is, that in f2 everyone could see your mercs stats, in here noone can. Suggestion is for >everyone< to be able to see stats and i can repeat once again, it would benefit EVERYONE. And what now? Will weapons be balanced overall or something? Hell no, not even close, and not even closer than before. It would just benefit these noobs who sent applications to Lordus as he mentioned. Feel the difference?

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2010, 11:38:04 am »

You see thing is, that in f2 everyone could see your mercs stats,

Are you sure about that? I'm not sure, I didn't play FO2 for many months, but I doubt one could see their stats without awareness and without speaking directly to them.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2010, 01:12:40 pm »

Are you sure about that? I'm not sure, I didn't play FO2 for many months, but I doubt one could see their stats without awareness and without speaking directly to them.

is speaking with them a problem ? :> and anyway thats not even the point of what we've been discussing :>
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2010, 03:10:30 pm »

You say all guns don't have to be usefull, but hell, in SG 90% are useless.

9mm, 10mm, sawed shootgun and normal shotgun should stay poor weapon to start and have your first hand on. I don't even speak of zip gun and pipe rifle that are useless even to start and against rats.
You speak about flamer, yeah but flamer are required for BG to lv, i saw many guys with it, cause it's range is low, but dom are insane and against all cac bots it's really good to lv, like the 10mm pistol, so no point here.

Then you should have upgraded weapon, a bit more usefull than the first ones, deagle, magnum, grease and tommy gun and maybe combat shootgun.
But here we have already some issues, tommy gun is really crap. While grease gun is not so bad, high dommages but low range, he could be used as a shootgun, tommy gun is completly useless, if you want to snipe, you use a hunting rifle and his burst is inferior to grease or 10SMG, not to mention than bursting at 32 distance is useless.

After that we have the main issue for tier 2 with AR and FN Fal, where normaly you should have a bit better weapon than on tier 1, you have expensive and useless things.
I think 10mm SMG is not at his place here, since it's supposed to be the really first SMG to use, but in fact, it's stronger than AR in burst ... maybe putting it at 4PAs was not that great, don't know ...
Caws should be here and for AR, he s not good compared to 10smg, 1 more AP and ammos are worse (10% dr more on 5mm) maybe make it burst 10 bullet and wide a bit the magazine to make it interresting, same for the ext mag versions.
FN Fal is the first rifle of the liste interresting, it has good stats, good ammos, but impossible to get, almost. Maybe keeping this way is a good thing, but actually 7.62 are really too rare to be interresting, you don't want to get thoses high end bullet for midle game rifle :/ So this weapon become of some use only to craft the HFPA (which is tier 3 and not avaible for the most of players)
On guns, now 14mm and needler are clones, only difference is magazine size :/ Before 14mm was too expensive for what it does compared to needler, but now they are the 2 same guns, adding poison to needler would be fun for exemple, and give the penetrate perk to 14mm instead. (I will not speak of needler ammo change here :p)

Finally tier 3 have the champion P90c, great range not much ap, burst mode, cheap ammos, decent domm. Pancore that leak range, in Fo2 pancore had 35 rang in single, 25 in burst, it was clearly a bit too much (30/20 for caws and 22/18 for combat) maybe put something between, 25/16 could be a good deal, leting users shoot at correct range in single, low range in burst.
XL70E3 is supposed to be "upgrade" to AR and he have exactly the same weakness, doing less dom than the basic FN Fal :/ Someone proposed to make it indestructible, it could be a good idea, make him deteriorate really slower than other guns, but not sure it'll change anything to effectivness.  So maybe simply do the same things than for AR, put the burst to 10 bullet and eventually wider the magazine. One thing is fun with this one, you burst by 8 and have a magazine of 20.

Maybe i forget things, i have tryed to be as clear as possible and give some ideas.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 04:07:33 pm by Midnight »

Lordus

• So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2010, 04:00:44 pm »

you forget one thing, and the main thing is that you cant make all small guns good in fights. Flamer is shitty weapon in real time versus player fight too, but i dont see anyone whining to make it range 50 or anything. Avenger cost a little over 10k caps, p90 cost 6300, 10mm smg is worthless at all, pretty much same as assault rifles and fn fals compared to expensive big guns. So i still dont get it, why you want cheap shitty guns to be as effective as expensive themselves big guns and which are also much more expensive in using (by ammo consuming)?

Check the average price price of BG warrior stuf and SG burster stuff.. Nobody wants equal chances to win the fight, i want the same ratio of win/lose like is ratio of stuff prices in BG/SG...
So long and THANKS for all the fish!
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 22 queries.