"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 19, 2024, 09:01:51 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Sniper class  (Read 2216 times)

Sniper class
« on: May 13, 2010, 06:54:47 am »

I wanted to make a sniper character, so I want to know if it is good.

Stats:
ST 5 (I can use all Small Guns except H&K CAWS and Tommy Gun)
PE 8 (I will have 10 with Sharpshooter perk)
EN 4 (I don't think I need more, 6 EN will give me 24 hp more on 21 lvl)
CH 3 (To take 2 more people for my party and to be Slaver and to be able to talk to NPCs)
IN 7 (Should be ok to get enough Skill Points for my skills)
AG 7 (8 with Small Frame so I will have 9 AP and I will be able to get Bonus Rate of Fire)
LK 6 (for perks)

Traits:
Small Frame
Finesse

Perks:
3 Awareness
6 More Criticals
9 Better Criticals
12 Life Giver
15 Bonus Rate of Fire
18 Sharpshooter
21 More Criticals

Tags:
Small Guns
First Aid
Outdoorsman

This is my first time playing, so for skills what should I try and get up first and in the future?
I think I should get my science up to 40 or 60 for mining, because I need a way to get some money...
Re: Sniper class
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 07:53:27 am »

4 EN = you better stay behind your friends in PvP, every shot in hands will cripple it, because with 4 EN you must be really lucky in real life to roll to not get injury.
Finisse = you will deal no damage, you don't need to care what weapon to use, when you looking on weapon stats, look only on AP usage and range, you'll cripple every limb of your victim and then laught how they trying to crawl from you with 1 leg and 1 arm, so be ready to not panic when you see 0 critical damage.
9 AP is good, you can find a way to sacrifice 2 SPECIAL points on 1 additional ST and PE, or, atleast, PE, then you can use jet properly.
Jet's addiction: -1ST, -1PE. -1AP.
When jet is active you get: +1ST, +1PE, +3AP, negates jet's addiction during effect.
So, if you stay 5 ST, you'll have 6 with Jet (useless), if you have 9 PE (or 7 PE) you'll have 10 PE (or 8 PE), if you have 9 AP, you'll have 12 AP (you can do 3 hand-shots with pistol and BRoF per turn and 2 eye/head-shots with non-sniper rifle and BRoF per turn).
With jet addiction you'll have 4 ST (still can use pistols without -20% to hit penalty), 8 (or 6) PE, 8 AP.

I'd better made 6 IN, instead of 7, and 9 PE, instead of 8.
Also, if you want to have good PvP, then 1 CH -> atleast 6 EN. But if you don't care about it, like me, then you can stay 4 EN and be able to talk to NPCs without mentats.
Also, you can tag sneak instead of outdoorsman, but it's sometimes risky and requires 1 perk slot to take Silent Running perk, so you'll stuck on every encounter (of couse set to RT in config), but with high enough sneak critters won't see you. Again, I not prefer it, just said as alternative way to avoid encs + you can use sneak in fight, while outdoorsman there is useless (I hope in future it'll have advantages by allowing you to use covers like trees and stones to increase your AC ^_^ just a suggestion).
Also, as I see you picke only x2 More Critical, so you'll have 26% crit. That means you planning to shoot eyes/heads, but as I said you'll need to pray on knock outs and then on insta-kill, because of finisse damage... 26% isn't well good for hand-shots. You can sacrifice Sharpshooter on additional More critical, even if you won't have 95% to hit from max range in eyes/head, you can always shot off his hand.
Also this build will allow you to go to unguarded mine with BB gun or mauser and when you meet metal man with LSW there just shot off his hand and try to pick up his LSW, then you can say what you think about him and even try to shot off his leg, so he'll crawl away from you.

VongJin

• Rogues
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 10:27:58 am »

this is classic non jet sniper build. and btw u can save 3 Stats if u will take 2str and Weapon handling perk instead of 1 more criticals

to ravenous rat:

full druggy(jet nuka cola) sniper build looks like:

coz u can use 2 doses at 1 time, it will be +2st +2pe +6AP

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2010, 12:47:17 pm »

coz u can use 2 doses at 1 time, it will be +2st +2pe +6AP
No, better don't use 2 together, also using cigarretes and nuka cola... yes, of couse you can have inventory full of drugs, I even used cigs+nuka at NCR defence, but it's annoying to keep so many consumables in your inventory.
Better use 1 dose jet, then wait till drawback, then again 1 dose, etc.
Btw, if you like drugs so much, don't forget about buffout, you don't need weapon handling, you don't need high EN vs crits, and you don't need nuka-cola ^_^
Buffout = +2 ST, +3 EN, +2 AG.

Lordus

• So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2010, 06:21:42 pm »

how difficult is to find ciggarets and nuka cola?
So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2010, 06:35:22 pm »

how difficult is to find ciggarets and nuka cola?
No I don't like mess in my inventory. And eating everything x2 before fight. But, if it's very important fight, then of couse I'll do that ;p
But most of fights are starting suddenly, and of couse I don't carry everything with me all the time.

iiitachiii

• Sorry Sir, may I snipe ur ass?
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2010, 08:32:11 pm »

Sorry to bump this thread but have a question with my sniper char.

What % of small guns is good enough?

Don't fuck with Brahmins.

Pandemon

• The GM-eater
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2010, 08:38:04 pm »

For sniper using sniper rifle? About 200%, maybe 180% would be enough if you don't care about that is it 70% or 90% while shoting in eyes.
There is nothing as demotivating as the Game Masters

Glave

• Trolling de geso~
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2010, 09:59:22 pm »

Sniper with a sniper rifle = 210% - 237% SG, 10 LK is a requirement.
You have received a warning due to the fact of deliberately breaching the Internet etiquette of the Fonline 2238 community, posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages to bait or excite users into responding or to test the forum rules (...)
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 23 queries.