"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 10, 2024, 03:40:42 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: New mercs or New proffesion !  (Read 9195 times)

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
Re: New mercs or New proffesion !
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2010, 08:45:47 am »

omg,i had this ideea last night:
why don't we need for lvl 1 crafter 100 science and 90 repair,vlv 2 140 scince 130 repair and lvl 3: 200 scince and 180 repair(or anyway some high numbers)
and than,we shoud not be able to make them from 1 piece,let's make the parts for it in other locations like:
engine and small legs to make at any workbenck
artificial brain on a medical terminal(can make this on lvl 2 robotic expert,so lvl 3 doctors shoud not be able to make them)
power unit(fusion bateries) on Mariposa
arm and legs/tracs and heads and body parts at the Glow,where Skynet was
and some High tek parts to buy them from San Fran,like the medgell for stims,like:lefitation unit,procesor,hidraulic sistem,sensors
and to make a robot,you do like the rootgut:put all parts in the robot asemply machinery,and use the scince skill to program a computer to make the robots
so,for robots we need:
repait bot:big body(made of 1 or 2 parts),2Xtool,1 knife,1 fusion battery,1 levitation sistem,1 procesor,3 hidraulic sistem,sensors
cyber dog:1 small body(made of 1-2 parts),4 small legs,1 hidraulic unit,1 fusion battery,dog head,sensors
dual minigun turret:2 miniguns,1 small body ,1 fusion battery,1 procesor,1 hidraulic sistem(to rotate) sensors
and so do on
so,making a robot is not as easy to make a plasma rifle:you must go to varyus places on the map,and you shoud need some kind of perk to be able to talk whit the NPCs or to use computers
and this metod is alt caracter prof!!!!
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2010, 11:19:41 am »

Make it if a player want to lead a heavy bot, he needs at least 200% science. It'll make a new class of combat-characters. TC fight between mutant-merced gang and hi-tech robot contollers could be awesome..

Besides, level [3] of profession (or leading a t3 bots) could require an implant or.. character's cyborgize? It sets CH to 1 (so can't lead the other mercs and slaves) but gives new possibilities..
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 11:21:50 am by Szef »

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2010, 11:25:56 am »

In FO2 one didn't really "build" the robot, it was just the brain and some more ingredients. Also, the player didn't build it from scratch. Also, that whole process took place in a highly well developed prewar army base, not at a tent with some shitty tools full of rust and dirt, puzzling a few pieces of junk together to have a "robot". ;)

Yes, it was built in sierra laboratory, where you had to gather parts: robot body (lets say from encounter somewhere) + brain (from humanoids) + motivator (could be lootable or buyable to have the variety) + activation in the terminal (vault terminal somewhere, like el parts) It could be done!

I have to disagree Solar, even if you had 100 science which was low you could make your own monkey brain robot, its not from scratch yes, but worked. We would just need robot encounters, or some robot scrapyard ;)
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2010, 06:31:26 pm »

omg,i had this ideea last night:
why don't we need for lvl 1 crafter 100 science and 90 repair,vlv 2 140 scince 130 repair and lvl 3: 200 scince and 180 repair(or anyway some high numbers)
and than,we shoud not be able to make them from 1 piece,let's make the parts for it in other locations like:
engine and small legs to make at any workbenck
artificial brain on a medical terminal(can make this on lvl 2 robotic expert,so lvl 3 doctors shoud not be able to make them)
power unit(fusion bateries) on Mariposa
arm and legs/tracs and heads and body parts at the Glow,where Skynet was
and some High tek parts to buy them from San Fran,like the medgell for stims,like:lefitation unit,procesor,hidraulic sistem,sensors
and to make a robot,you do like the rootgut:put all parts in the robot asemply machinery,and use the scince skill to program a computer to make the robots
so,for robots we need:
repait bot:big body(made of 1 or 2 parts),2Xtool,1 knife,1 fusion battery,1 levitation sistem,1 procesor,3 hidraulic sistem,sensors
cyber dog:1 small body(made of 1-2 parts),4 small legs,1 hidraulic unit,1 fusion battery,dog head,sensors
dual minigun turret:2 miniguns,1 small body ,1 fusion battery,1 procesor,1 hidraulic sistem(to rotate) sensors
and so do on
so,making a robot is not as easy to make a plasma rifle:you must go to varyus places on the map,and you shoud need some kind of perk to be able to talk whit the NPCs or to use computers
and this metod is alt caracter prof!!!!
please read carfuly again

Pandemon

• The GM-eater
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2010, 07:46:18 pm »

I'd like to see any robot craftable in any way ingame.
And I think these suggestions about how should they be build, about resources etc. are useless because if Devs will make it they will make it with their own ideas.

End of the line.
There is nothing as demotivating as the Game Masters

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2010, 07:58:21 pm »

but to hire them as merks,this is still a good ideea,no?

FischiPiSti

• frikkin' SledgeHammer
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2010, 08:20:07 pm »

No, the point of this all would be to help crafters. If its just another buyable merc then i dont see a point to implement it at all.
Troll.
HtH suggestions: Melee: +DR(PA)
Unarmed: +AC(active sneak should boost AC as they are "less visible")
General "class" idea pool in the form of new perks with high skillrequirements: http://anarchyonline.wikia.com/wiki/Professions
« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2010, 10:39:26 am »

Aye with robotic protection poor balanced crafter will be able to at least defend yourself against some crazy powerbuild.

DrapiChrust

• . . . SAY CHEESE . . .
« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2010, 12:08:45 pm »

No, he won't  :P

I think that making robots would be cool, BUT:

1. This is rather strange to be able to construct such complicated device as a robot on profession lvl1, thus the pure 'robotics' profession shouldn't exist. Besides, now most of professions are damn flat, they mostly just allow you to gain acces to longer chain of better and better guns or armors. In reallity, to crate a complex device like a minigun (or rather to create a prototype, as later it's the production lines that do all the work) several scientist have to work together (how the hell a gunsmith would have a knowledge to make a damn minigun engine and cooling device?) Yes, of course - making a demand for various crafters to make one item now would probably only spawn another 1000 alts to jam-pack the server...

But:

To make things more interesting, I would rather see a bit less linear profession - an 'engineer', or 'electronics' profession (or whatever it should be named) - for characters, that are skilled with making various electronic devices (including robots). A bit like an energy expert, only that he wouldn't focus on weapons - equipment and gadgets only.

At the beginning he would be able to create simpler devices, like(i.e.):
-radio headgear - a radio used in the head slot (slot is gonna be available along with 3d chars)
-geiger counter - no describtion needed I think
-motion scanner - as above, it would be useful, if - contrary to the Fallout 2 - it would work like the radio - when in hand (in FO2 it had to be the active slot)

On lvl 2 we would have another set of more or less useful electronic items, i.e
-helmet+radio - ability to add a radio headset to any helmet (also - when the 3d chars finally appear)
-nightvision goggles - working like a nightvision perk, or giving some other penalty reduce, only that they would eat a lot of SEC and blind you if you use them during the day
-helmet+nightvision - just like helmet+radio
and...
the simplest robot - floating eye or mr handy would do

lvl3 would allow to construct more complicated robots (although I don't think that Sentry bots MKII should be craftable at all - they are way to complicated)

----
In order to build a robot, in addition to craftable parts, you would have to get your hands on some items can be only bought/looted from robots corpses - servos, robot parts (these were included in FO2, only that they were useless then), electronic brains and so on. The better the robot, the more complicated and expensive parts it would need. Simple lvl2 bot would need only one set of robot parts, while the most complex would need a few sets of those parts, electronic brain, two servos and so on...
As those special parts are lootable, you could regain some of them from your own robot's corpse if he gets 'killed'. That is why I think that getting those parts in the first place should be a pain in the ass (very high price, hard to get - no 'robots encounters'), but then they can be reused several times, as long as you'll have a chance to loot your own destroyed bot, you would still have essential parts to make another one.

Robots would count as mercs, and player should be able to sell them to another players. Maybe with some restrictions like minimal science needed to control a bot, so that only a few not engineer chars would be able to control the best bots. IMHO minimal science to control each bot type should make an engineer profession more diverse, as player wanting to sell his robots will have to take into consideration the skill of his customers, not only mass producing the best stuff availabe (what is an issue in ALMOST EVERY other profession, excluding docs)

Yes, I realise that such restrictive access to parts will probably make creating robots too complicated to use it in a regular PvPers like TC gangs. And I don't give a sh*t, 'cos not everything in this game has to be prepared for PvP. Making robot creation effective would end up in PvP gangs mass producing them and robot hordes swarming in most of TCs and regular gang wars... and this WILL ruin the atmosphere of the game - Fallout is not Cyberpunk. Robots should be overall (at least a bit) harder to obtain than mercs, while having similar usefulness, so they will remain to be a certain rarity. Rather for those liking to play an interesting character, and certainly not for those focusing only on combat performance.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 12:17:44 pm by DrapiChrust »

Pandemon

• The GM-eater
« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2010, 02:48:14 pm »

I think that was another topic about new "half-professions" which you means, it got really high vote for "yes" so I think it could be implemented soon.
And idea of making a parts of robot by several people and one fix it to whole robot is fine.
There is nothing as demotivating as the Game Masters

FischiPiSti

• frikkin' SledgeHammer
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2010, 03:06:37 am »

Hmm, yeah, maybe different parts could be made by different professions(except docs ofc), and every profession could assemble some robot, but it should be:
a, A personal robot(trading robots would mean to have wealthy BG powerbuilds with robots -- which is bad)
b, Needs a high level profession so said powerbuilds couldnt assemble them.
Main goal: Combat powerbuilds should not have access to them.
Secondary goal: A powerbuild should still be superior even against an engineer robot-pet duo. Self defense is the key, not offense. Or support role in a TC fight or something.

Also inb4 Surf: Yeah its stupid to be able to build a robot with every profession, we know that. But gameplay wise either this, or a perk would solve the issue of not beeing able to craft weapons -which is the main purpose of a crafter- and a robot to defend themselves.
Troll.
HtH suggestions: Melee: +DR(PA)
Unarmed: +AC(active sneak should boost AC as they are "less visible")
General "class" idea pool in the form of new perks with high skillrequirements: http://anarchyonline.wikia.com/wiki/Professions

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2010, 08:24:31 am »

well,we coud use the rules of Asimo,no?

DrapiChrust

• . . . SAY CHEESE . . .
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2010, 01:21:01 pm »

I'll repeat myself: as long as there will be no efficient tool to prevent alt abuse and dual log a need for cooperation of two or more chars will create nothing but a mess. The gap between honest players and cheaters will get even greater than it is now.

It's not about if idea seems cool or not. It is about if it can work in the game at this time. And it can't.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2010, 03:21:19 am »

It's not about if idea seems cool or not. It is about if it can work in the game at this time. And it can't.
But don't forget that it will .... "eventually"
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 21 queries.