"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 17, 2024, 09:47:24 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: FN FAL HPFA  (Read 14748 times)

Lordus

• So long and THANKS for all the fish!
Re: FN FAL HPFA
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2010, 06:09:35 pm »

Kilgore is true imo.
What about adding HK G11 +its ammo into the game? I mean the base one, not upgraded. Would it be too overpowered? I consider this gun much more "highend" SG weapon than FN FAL.

I dont know if this is needed, but i would like to see at least one assault rifle, with better distance than minigun/avenger for burst, with at least 30 ammo magazine and with possibility to make bigger burst damage on 30-45 hex than minigun/lsw/avenger.. It is too much???
So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2010, 06:12:00 pm »

I believe that the problem with FN FAL / M60 lies mainly within statistics of 7.62mm ammo. And I hate it because I consider both of them as cool guns ;]
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2010, 08:07:40 am »

I've never taken the time to check this (i don't want to spend the money buying one, and i can't craft it) so sorry if it already is this way, but if we're going with item description then...

http://www.fo2238.fodev.net/wiki/XL70E3

"Manufactured, primarily, from high-strength polymers, the weapon is almost indestructible."

Wouldn't this gun have no deterioration ever?
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2010, 01:47:48 am »

It's FN Fal HPFA not the normal one, don't think it would be so useless to change. In Fo2 this weapon is quite good against combat armor and lower armored, so don't think it could be that bad with this tweak.
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2010, 01:35:59 am »

All the caseless would rape anything not in PA, and even then. Unless they add in higher end armour they should limit the availability of end game guns.

yoz

• yoz ace / yoz kage
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2010, 08:13:03 am »

What do you mean?

FN FAL fires 7.62 ammo.
Kill the men, rape the women, eat the children.

Drakonis

• Oh oh this is furtile...
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2010, 12:51:55 pm »

What do you mean?

FN FAL fires 7.62 ammo.

Ammunition. Caliber: 7.62mm.
Caliber    7.62mm
AC modifier    -5
DR modifier    -10
Damage adj    1/1
Weight    22 grams
Base price    16 caps

A case of ammunition, .223 caliber, Full Metal Jacket.
Caliber    .223
AC modifier    -20
DR modifier    -20
Damage adj    1/1
Weight    18 grams
Base price    18 caps

Unfortunaely .223 requires A LOT LESS EFFORD... i mean A LOT. and no strings attached with raiders etc, yet it's still awesomely superior to 7.62 ;]
"But... Isn't Betty a womans name...?"

AlienS2

• My english is not perfect... at all
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2010, 02:31:50 pm »

Wow! Where did u get this?
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2010, 04:14:48 pm »

Yeah .223 are a bit strong in fallout and they are not so hight tier ammos in 2238.

The difference will be that you have no SG using burst mod for this type of ammo (but it doesn't need at all you have BG for that and the snipers in SG ...)

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2010, 01:20:07 pm »

Unfortunaely .223 requires A LOT LESS EFFORD... i mean A LOT. and no strings attached with raiders etc, yet it's still awesomely superior to 7.62 ;]

For now.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

Drakonis

• Oh oh this is furtile...
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2010, 03:27:29 pm »

For now.

1 more thing, Sir solar.

here is a metal armor from fallout tactics(which was prepared and more balanced in terms of PvP)

Fallout Tactics armor
Metal Armor

image:FoTMetalArmor.gif   image:FOT_Metal.gif
AC bonus:    10
Damage Type    Damage Resistance    Damage Threshold
normal:    30%    4
fire:    15%    4
gas:    0%    0
explode:    25%    4
energy:    37%    3
electrical:    10%    0
effects:    -25% Sneak
weight:    35 pounds
cost:    $2500

As you can see it has only 37%/3 laser defence. I think you guys should consider changing armors stats to more FT like, because creators of tactics thought about end game PvP combat. Thats why energy weapon resistance is lower, while in f2 everything above metal screws up energy gunners(I dont feel lucky for armor bypass shot, punk) and Mfc is

A medium sized energy production unit. Self-contained fusion plant.
Caliber    Micro Fusion Cells
AC modifier    0
DR modifier    0
Damage adj    1/1
Weight    45 grams
Base price    30 caps

Just, please think about it.

Ps. Plasma rifle attack range is 25, making this gun inferior to laser rifle(especially against CA since reistances are similar). It's a rifle right? Please increase it's range or it still won't be useable... just how we see such situation now. I suggest at least 30-35(it's a rifle, right?)
"But... Isn't Betty a womans name...?"
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2010, 03:37:56 pm »

And you can find .223 on random encounter, guys with hunting rifles, good luck to find 7.62 on encounters :/

Frozen Mind

• Los Alamos Warrior
    • Homepage
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2010, 03:50:11 pm »

Make HPFA burst whole magazine (20 rounds) and 7.62 AP ammo.

It woudl be divided by 3, so 6-7 hits in one ranged burst.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 03:53:52 pm by Frozen Mind »
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2010, 03:57:05 pm »

Drakonis +1
Avatar: Equality of rights for ghouls!

Lordus

• So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2010, 04:09:10 pm »

Dont forget that EW Laser rifle has 2x bigger damage than SG rifle. Dont make from SG snipers rifles second class snipers...

I admit that EW are weak in PvP, but at least, they are more usable than non sniper small guns.

If you lower the protection of EW in major armors, what will be the difference between SG sniper and EW sniper? please, dont tell me that the PRICE. Because in PvP, there are no poor people, PvP is group of people who have time to craft their favourite weapons.

My suggestion is this. EW snipers should do bigger damages, but in every armor class, there should be 2 equal (by price) armours. One will little more reduce the EW, second will not. So SG snipers (and smallguners at all) will do more constant damage to this armors, but EW will do bigger damage to one kind of armor.

You can admit, that this is current system, but my answer is: look at current pvp, almost nobody use EW snipers, only because they are bad now.

Motto: Benefits from player ingame wealth, plurality of resources, should mean that player has bigger variety of choices, not that he has possibility to get more powerfull gun (in all or major attributes).
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 04:10:56 pm by Lordus »
So long and THANKS for all the fish!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 19 queries.