"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • March 29, 2024, 01:31:00 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: FOnline Encounter Finder (FEF)  (Read 74052 times)

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
Re: FOnline Encounter Finder (FEF)
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2010, 02:08:59 am »

I have a problem about the Filter options:

So, the first Filter shows the names of all encounters. Then, the second encounter shows different types of enemies, and it doesn't have the variety that the first Filter has.

My problem happens in scenarios like this:
I do the first "Show only..." box as 'Elronologists'.
I do the second box as 'Brahmins'.

When I do this, it only shows Brahmins - None of the Elronologist encounters.

And in this scenario:
I do the first box as 'Elronologists'.
I do the second box as '*ALL*'.

It then shows all encounters of every type.

What I'm trying to get at is: There is really no way to make it show ONLY the encounters listed in the first box. It only works correctly in the second box, which doesn't have as many encounters to choose from - only broad types of encounter such as "Humans".

I've tried many combinations, same result. If the second box has anything in it (which it always does - there is no way to say "N/A") then whatever is in the first box does not matter.

Edit: Also, I am using Firefox 3.6.3, if that matters.

There are 2 filter buttons. First one is for the critter based and the second one is for the type based. They are two different functions and has nothing to do with each other.
I made a picture to help understanding this:
http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/4752/helpim.jpg

Oooooh, I see what I did wrong now. I kept pressing the second Filter button. It works fine after testing it again.  ;D :-[
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 09:12:43 pm by Dishonest Abe »
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!

Opera

• Guardian
    • Nitue.net
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2010, 11:11:24 am »

There are 2 filter buttons. First one is for the critter based and the second one is for the type based. They are two different functions and has nothing to do with each other.

If you want to see all Elronologists, simply select Elronologists and press the Filter button (the first filter button, right below the first selectbox).

I made a picture to help understanding this:
http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/4752/helpim.jpg

I probably have to edit the filtering system a bit. I have received some reports about this before too.

EDIT: I also added "Hermit" and "Wolves" to the list.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2010, 07:07:50 pm »

nice job, keep it coming :D
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2010, 09:25:30 pm »

[27:40] SF caravan<100% sure>
[28:34] BH patrol<100% sure>   <--- great place for hunting em cuz u may use building to cover
Highwaymans & Crazies next to waterworks < 100% sure they are there but dunno which location exactly>

And my question. How to make an account there? Id like to add some by myself. I am a little explorer
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 09:50:54 pm by Senteza »

Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2010, 05:10:52 pm »

18:16, 18:17 full of Hermits, I once encountered them like 10 times in a row. Same goes for 19:16 and 19:17
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2010, 03:17:12 am »

It is pretty slow on IE but yay me for high IE performance computer/internet connection :D.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Opera

• Guardian
    • Nitue.net
« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2010, 09:41:56 am »

It is pretty slow on IE but yay me for high IE performance computer/internet connection :D.

Yup, IE cannot really handle this. It will most likely crash when you double click on any grid. Other browsers got really good performance.

Haraldx

« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2010, 06:46:55 pm »

Runs perfectly on Fire Fox  8)
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.
« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2010, 08:46:18 am »

Awesome stuff, also a big thanks for the encounter contributors :)

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2010, 01:41:43 am »

I found out that BH Caravans come can be found on the square to very right of New Reno btw.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Retrogator

• Try again, partner.
« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2010, 05:43:43 pm »

Opera, you make the best tools. Keep it up. They always snag a bookmark.

Haraldx

« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2010, 07:39:13 pm »

I found out that BH Caravans come can be found on the square to very right of New Reno btw.

Caravans can be found anywhere, as they are caravans and all the time move :P

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2010, 07:52:07 pm »

Caravans can be found anywhere, as they are caravans and all the time move :P
thats a lie, caravans in this game are found in specific places they do no move from block to block.

Haraldx

« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2010, 07:59:32 pm »

Well ofcourse, you can't encounter a NCR caravan, shoot 2 guys, then run 2 blocks and encounter them again, just now without those 2 guys you killed. I have experience that I was just running around somewhere more to the north of Navarro and found guess what? A new reno caravan... Later by going more to the Klamath side, I encountered a San Fran caravan, Even if Klamath was about 3/4 blocks away. I guess it's just VERY random, that's why they are called random encounters.

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2010, 12:03:24 am »

You can't go into any encounter, shoot to guys, go to world map, and go back in because of
(1.) Caravan cooldowns
(2.) That encounter is deleted unless there was another player on the encounter when you.

And Michael is right, every tile has its own encounters, and they don't move unless a developer changes where you can find said location in an update.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 18 queries.