"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • June 05, 2024, 09:09:00 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Schemes  (Read 8565 times)

Pandemon

• The GM-eater
Re: Schemes
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2010, 09:49:53 pm »

Already it's that: 21lvl powerbuild can't craft because he is powerbuild. So he made 654534567 alts to craft ammo, weapons, etc. He is using fast relog bug and then he can got 10 P90c in ~30 minutes. With schemes, he will need to find 10 schemes of P90c to make 10 this guns. If P90c is from profession level 3 he can't buy schemes of it in shop but he need to look on encounters, make a quest or something else which can't be possible to weak crafter-alt. Got it?
There is nothing as demotivating as the Game Masters

« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2010, 09:54:05 pm »

Already it's that: 21lvl powerbuild can't craft because he is powerbuild. So he made 654534567 alts to craft ammo, weapons, etc. He is using fast relog bug and then he can got 10 P90c in ~30 minutes. With schemes, he will need to find 10 schemes of P90c to make 10 this guns. If P90c is from profession level 3 he can't buy schemes of it in shop but he need to look on encounters, make a quest or something else which can't be possible to weak crafter-alt. Got it?

Its better to say "2 crafters" than "132468476874613". Its more precise :P
Much better would be to dissallow fast relog somehow, which isnt possible I guess cause it wasnt done yet
Rockwell weapons user

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2010, 10:15:51 pm »

We are speaking about the same, but using different words - you want to slow down crafting for some reason by adding time required to find schematics. Funny thing is, that it has nothing to do with powerbuilds - what will prevent player from using P90 crafted with an alt by his powerbuild?
And why are you against alts and powerbuilds anyway?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 11:10:25 pm by Wichura »
Nie biegaj za stadem.

Nice_Boat

• I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2010, 12:34:31 am »

This idea is full of fail. First of all, you don't have to understand how a weapon works to operate and even maitain it. Second of all, crafter-fighter builds are even more copy-pasty than powerbuilds, because to get the profession there's not much you can do with your SPECIAL and perks - so we'd have a clonewar in no time, most perks would become unusable and BG would rule the wastes because they save you a lot of points you'd otherwise have to invest in luck. Basically, you can't eliminate powerbuilds from the game, because they are a consequence of player mindset and not of mechanics. If you have a character creation system you obviously are going to have optimal ways of solving shit - so the powerbuilds will always be there.

Oh and avv and his usual bucket of bitching about how everyone is unoriginal and how you can't fight without a weapon skill. Yeah, you're right - now go and play Diablo 2, choose a Barbarian, invest all your character points in Magic and whine on Blizzard.net about how that build fails and how the game is imbalanced, lol.

Pandemon

• The GM-eater
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2010, 07:05:01 am »

Okay, I sensed it - almost nobody wants changes in actuall depencence in powerbuilds+alts. Your choice.
I am off.
There is nothing as demotivating as the Game Masters

Sius

• Sheep EX machina!
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2010, 09:33:03 am »

Okay, I sensed it - almost nobody wants changes in actuall depencence in powerbuilds+alts. Your choice.
I am off.

Everybody want changes since current situation is not too good. But as said above there will be always way how to do things better than average and someone will always consider it a power build. Besides your idea suck really hard.
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 16 queries.