"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 11, 2024, 10:43:07 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Add small computer to your tent to make it shared tent.  (Read 12122 times)

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
Re: Add small computer to your tent to make it shared tent.
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2010, 05:53:05 pm »

bla bla

for your suggestion you can do abandoned bunker quest. We need something more like wichura is saying any free space available for every single person, which could be easy shared. And easy sharing is the main reason of it, not workbenches, not lockers not anything. These lockers are crap anyway they contain like 100-200 kg while every cheap merc can carry in thousands.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 06:01:20 pm by vedaras »

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2010, 05:53:56 pm »

Vedaras, you were my frind, when i have my Radio madbrahmin project. It brokes up in moment, when you "borrow" vedaras kill to your friend, but he was our enemy so he started to attecked us in cites. So we did too. Than he give your char back, but nobody form us did not know it. So we were still killing vedaras kill. From this moment, there starded  word wa between usr. So every my suggestion is full of shits, it is retarded, noobish etc. comments from you.

I like Fallout/Fonline, you too. All of us have ideas about balancing or developing this project. So there is no need to behave like child on playground. If you have another idea or point if view, you can avoid vulgarism.

Back to topic. If you will have to create new 5 players on level 5, find adequate cave, finish capture quest, it will be more harder than now. Now you need to create 4 new level 1 chars and give them 30 k caps and DONE.

youre suggesting its easier to get 30k by some new players than reach lvl 5 by each of them? not very smart. It should cost cash not by some quest. A base is an expense that you buy your security for.
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator

Sius

• Sheep EX machina!
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2010, 06:30:30 pm »

Ehm whats wrong with getting base by other means than just money? You think that money are only thing capable of keeping things balanced? Hello, this is FOnline we are talking about. Money is actually the most abused/abusable commodity we have right now. Afaik every major patch/wipe was accompanied with bugs that allowed players to gather/spawn/create shitload of money with minimal effort.

Allowing players to get a base through their resources/skills/knowledge or quests and letting them to decide where to place it seems more acceptable than current lottery system. Maybe introduce some actual building up.

1.) Find proper land.
2.) Get X people together (maybe 6+) to turn regular encounter map into building site.
3.) Stage 1: you have to cut the trees, dug some soil, generally prepare the land for further steps (so some hard work needs to be done and that could be cooldown based to prevent insta-bases).
4.) Stage 2: though site terminal (or something like that) you turn current building site into another phase of construction. Now your goal is to gather basic materials to build your base. Mainly wood, metal parts, hides of all kinds, ropes etc...
5.) Stage 3: once the ground is prepared and materials are gathered nothing stands in your way to build yourself a base. Again cooldown/repair/science based stuff. So instead of shoveling soil, cutting the trees or gathering materials you will have to just use your skills on spawned piles of materials (crates, piles of wood etc) and that would eat your cooldown. Once you do it enough times you will be able to turn your building site into actual hideout with regular gang terminal and all that stuff.

No dynamic maps needed, no extra stuff required. Just few fancy objects, one half-terminal, refresh map 3 times and boom - wild gang hideout appeared!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 06:40:16 pm by Sius »

Arry

• TTTLA
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2010, 06:36:30 pm »

Then we should be able to give tent location with a radio, now we can't, with a radio you can give location to a friend.
Of course be aware of robbers :)

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2010, 06:46:35 pm »

Ehm..

you can already do abandoned bunker quest i dont see why its still not enough for you ? and its not discussion about base so please stick to topic.

Sius

• Sheep EX machina!
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2010, 06:59:51 pm »

you can already do abandoned bunker quest i dont see why its still not enough for you ? and its not discussion about base so please stick to topic.

Hmm maybe we should all call it a days, delete our forum accounts and just play FOnline as it comes...
And last time I checked page 2 and 3 are pretty much all about the bases and since its closely related stuff I believe my post is relevant for this topic.

But to please vedaras: I think tents should be shareable but just up to 10 players. No need for any computer to do so, simply lead stranger into your tent and through pipboy/radio/something like that you mark tents position on the world map for him. Nothing revolutionary, nothing imbalanced, nothing wrong. Simple boost for player cooperation and making ones life a little bit convenient.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 07:03:16 pm by Sius »

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2010, 07:07:13 pm »

But to please vedaras: I think tents should be shareable but just up to 10 players. No need for any computer to do so, simply lead stranger into your tent and through pipboy/radio/something like that you mark tents position on the world map for him. Nothing revolutionary, nothing imbalanced, nothing wrong. Simple boost for player cooperation and making ones life a little bit convenient.

it looks like we all agree about one thing, no matter in what way tents should be shared more easily :> I agree with 10 limit since 10 is limit in doing it now.

Lordus

• So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2010, 07:39:12 pm »

youre suggesting its easier to get 30k by some new players than reach lvl 5 by each of them? not very smart. It should cost cash not by some quest. A base is an expense that you buy your security for.

The money for base system is the consequences of lack of game content. I will explain it.

In post apo world, there will not exist something like money/currency, because only valuable things have their value. If you have at least highschool education, you know the history of currency. First was salt, because it is neccesary for human being and in the middle of Europe there is not sea.. Then it was replaced by expensives metals, like silver, gold, or by spice, and later, by money in current form.

In post apo world, there is not any bank, emiting the money, there is not need for papers or coins without price. There can be value in expensive metals, if the society is existing and growing, but if not (The road - book, or The road - movie), this is priceless too.

In Fallout, creators need to make game similar to other (fantasy) rpg and need to balance it. So they implemented global currency, bottle caps, this was their artistic license. But it is only because of you need to spend your value in other place in other time.

In real post apo world, there will be more natural, that you will find yourself your home or you will build it. There is no industrial branch of this kind.

So i think, that is more natural ingame to make a part of friends, one will be scout (high outdoorman) and maybe he will need also speech to talk with more experienced NPC scout, who will give him some his experiences (thru perk). So scout, and his friends will take their basic guns, equipment and they will try to find they home (cave). If they will find the adequate one, they will need first clean it up, by their combat skills, then repair old broken generator (repair skill) and then set up computer (science skill). Of course, they will need some basic resources, like junk, el. parts, metal parts, wood. This will be too heavy to take it alone, so better will be to find first brahmin or buy caravan. And if they will colect this, they should use it on the generator (metal parts), computer (el. parts), brahmin pound (wood),.. with their separate skills. If they will have everything ready, they will just bring some fuel to generator (like flamer fuel, mfc, secells,..) and they will turn on computer and create their own gang. Done. The map should be almost the same like is current cave map. The same will be after creating the base, little different will be before.. broken computer, no brahmin pound, enemies there ... .

This, my friends, will be kind of collective quest, journey. You can do it with your friends, or maybe alone, if you have enough level (speech, outdoorsman, repair, science, combat ability).

And current way? If you have money, you need to create 3 new alts and give him money. It is done after 1 minute after you will enter the city. Hurray, so big barrier...

If you dont have, you are selling your crafted things (mostly things that nobody wants, they are only good because of their value in NPC shops-- like was abusing with trowing knives, etc,..).

In my point of view, more entertaining is my idea about finding and creating your first base.

P.S.: Vedaras, i have noticed that you have always standing opposing ideas to my ideas. Maybe you have complex from me. Find yourself a girl, it will 100% helps you.
So long and THANKS for all the fish!

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2010, 12:41:22 pm »

So i think, that is more natural ingame to make a part of friends, one will be scout (high outdoorman) and maybe he will need also speech to talk with more experienced NPC scout, who will give him some his experiences (thru perk). So scout, and his friends will take their basic guns, equipment and they will try to find they home (cave). If they will find the adequate one, they will need first clean it up, by their combat skills, then repair old broken generator (repair skill) and then set up computer (science skill). Of course, they will need some basic resources, like junk, el. parts, metal parts, wood. This will be too heavy to take it alone, so better will be to find first brahmin or buy caravan. And if they will colect this, they should use it on the generator (metal parts), computer (el. parts), brahmin pound (wood),.. with their separate skills. If they will have everything ready, they will just bring some fuel to generator (like flamer fuel, mfc, secells,..) and they will turn on computer and create their own gang. Done. The map should be almost the same like is current cave map. The same will be after creating the base, little different will be before.. broken computer, no brahmin pound, enemies there ... .

This, my friends, will be kind of collective quest, journey. You can do it with your friends, or maybe alone, if you have enough level (speech, outdoorsman, repair, science, combat ability).

And current way? If you have money, you need to create 3 new alts and give him money. It is done after 1 minute after you will enter the city. Hurray, so big barrier...

If you dont have, you are selling your crafted things (mostly things that nobody wants, they are only good because of their value in NPC shops-- like was abusing with trowing knives, etc,..).

In my point of view, more entertaining is my idea about finding and creating your first base.

I see just one problem Lordus, but
1) where would you find these caves? Or would they replace the caves that are now?

2) If yes, the caves should vary in lenght and so on which could be more beneficial and not controlled, so lets say faction all lvl 21's ifnd themselves a BIG ASS cave for like 20 people because they have ammo and guns to look more than others

3) If no, where would you find them? They would have the same entrance as the normal caves (or there would be 50/50 ratio whether it is a cave to live or just a cave)

4) Why do you need fuel? So the base exits right? If yes, what would happen if there was no fuel? Would it vanish or appear on the map? This could be considered, bringing some life and duties of the cave.

5) So lets say I have 5 friends I help each one of them to have his own base, so he has his locker, workbench etc, it would divide people I guess
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator

Lordus

• So long and THANKS for all the fish!
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2010, 03:52:17 pm »

I see just one problem Lordus, but
1) where would you find these caves? Or would they replace the caves that are now?

2) If yes, the caves should vary in lenght and so on which could be more beneficial and not controlled, so lets say faction all lvl 21's ifnd themselves a BIG ASS cave for like 20 people because they have ammo and guns to look more than others

3) If no, where would you find them? They would have the same entrance as the normal caves (or there would be 50/50 ratio whether it is a cave to live or just a cave)

4) Why do you need fuel? So the base exits right? If yes, what would happen if there was no fuel? Would it vanish or appear on the map? This could be considered, bringing some life and duties of the cave.

5) So lets say I have 5 friends I help each one of them to have his own base, so he has his locker, workbench etc, it would divide people I guess

ad 1) I think that they should replace current base. You will find them in almost same positions, like now, if you want to buy cave.
 ad 2) It is problem, because of maps are not dynamic. But from my experience of caves cleaning, i know that there exist same caves similar to base-caves. So you will have to find exactly the same type. Maybe there should exist broken computer and generator, maybe not -> so you will have to create this stuff.. it is about discussion. Another idea.. If is the cave too long, you can use dynamite to cut of the longest branches. (another role you may need).
 ad 3) There is solution too. the outer view of caves - bases should be qiute different.
 ad 4) I mean fuel only because of turn on generator to turn on computer to create base. Only another kind of stuff you need to create base. Nothing to maintain. (I heard that devs will add purpose for generators - kind of upkeep mechanism, but they have another work to do)
 ad 5) This is questionable. At first, i would like to see statistic, how many current 30k bases is already in the game. If we could compare it to registered alts or average playing players, maybe we will be surprised. Than this my change will bring nothing new in total number of bases.

But neccesary is to set up game economy mechanism in this my suggestion. I dont mean price in caps, i mean person - hour - unit spend in game. If you generate 30k you need to spend XXX person - hour - unit.. If you need to collect resources for this, you need to spend this kind of unit too. So then we can compare it.

Dividing people.. to be in one gang/base with friends brings only benefit to our gang. I done need to buy all profesion, i ask my teamate. I dont need to buy all books, if i dont have enough my personal resources, or i cant manufacture them, i can ask.
 So only problem should be, if some nerd wants to destroy server by adding constantly new bases... maybe x days long cooldown, but i heard that bases will be deleted, if computer is not used for 4 weeks..
So long and THANKS for all the fish!
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 21 queries.