"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 06:22:36 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: You get your robbed stuff back  (Read 7766 times)

C47

• DeviantArt
Re: You get your robbed stuff back
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2010, 09:08:21 am »

Yep, It is too annoying to be true, but it is.
So, possible solutions:
*Guards give all stole stuff back to the real owner if the thief is dead.
*Guards and players can take stolen stuff only after a period of a time, the real owner may pick up his stuff whenever he wants.
*Guards don't loot bodies at all.
or sth very simple
*Guards looting bodies only when they killed him (because of attack or trying to steal from vendors etc.)

so we will not see situations when all of guards and vendors are running to dead body to take the stuff
only one will go for it

edit2 (for devs):
system is alredy checking who killed a player or critter etc so its only one line to add
'if guard kills playerX then go looting'

edit:

stealing from guards?
so theif can steal some stuff from you, he will be killed, guard took the stuff but thief will come back and take it from him
you can't do this because you're not a thief - so you're losing the same, thief takes more than now

Kilgor, it's not strictly about thiefs. It's about guards that taking stuff from dead bodyes
You can be killed by some mad bomber or from smg f.e.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 01:37:43 pm by C47 »
Guerra, guerra nunca cambia
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2010, 11:32:22 pm »

That would just lead to constant dead vendors the whole time, even more as it is now.

have more (or stronger) guards guarding vendors? but I like c47's idea of guards only looting the players they killed

Owner of FOnline 2258! A true Fallout inspired adventure!
http://bit.ly/3syLeTp
http://www.fonline2258.com
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2010, 10:55:47 pm »

LOL. as thieves weren't nerfed already..

Also, what the fuck? Why don't you keep your money in your fuckin hands, when you know that you're going to a pit full of thieves? Why don't you take with you your precious armor which will prevent most bombers from bombing you effectively? Why don't you use common sense? Why instead of thinking of how can you deal with thieves/bombers, you come here and post a whine thread and some stupid suggestions?
Throughout previous session (I mean, prewipe), I was killed ONCE in NCR and it was done by using Holy-Hand Grenade. I survived many bombings, I've even been telling bombers to bomb me and didn't avoid them. Money were stolen from me few times, when I was new in the game (it was september 2009), no one robbed me from anything valuable later, even in times when there was no -reputation for stealing and there were thieves stealing everything you didn't have in your hands. Seriously, you need to stop playing lame and learn how to play effectively and safely.

The issue isn't the safety. The issue is that the thieves invest nothing but get everything. If you have the opportunity to fuck other players over and take their stuff, there should be some investment from your part, something you lose.
This is why the HQ mines are fine for example. If you go to kill miners there, you are bringing guns and possibly armor. You are investing something, putting yourself at risk. When you can fuck other people over without risk, it becomes a griefing game, and everyone who isn't griefing is losing.
It's stupid to see the same goddamn thief rob people day in and day out. In any real environment, a real thief gets his fucking hands cut off when it's the 50th time he's robbing someone in broad daylight with the whole NCR looking at him.
I'd like something like a "thieves tool" or similar that you must carry with you in order to steal, that you can lose if people kill you. That way it isn't the same bullshit where you see him steal from him, kill him, but only you lose stuff while he loses nothing and is back stealing 5 minutes later.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2010, 10:59:14 pm »

dude make an investment get the fuck out of ncr. I dont get it all people whining in here are from ncr, so why you live in there if its so bad? go to other safe towns.

kraskish

• Chars: Perforator & Penetrator =D
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2010, 11:05:11 pm »

dude make an investment get the fuck out of ncr. I dont get it all people whining in here are from ncr, so why you live in there if its so bad? go to other safe towns.

Vedaras, look at his nick, hes too honest :P
He has some point, namely thieves are gods (karma goes back to -200 if they lose it at all, invisible tags), thats why there are so many of them sometimes in NCR and Im trying hard to make a rep over 200 or whatever the level to be protected xD
Chars: Perforator, Penetrator Leaderator

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2010, 11:07:06 pm »

Vedaras, look at his nick, hes too honest :P
He has some point, namely thieves are gods (karma goes back to -200 if they lose it at all, invisible tags), thats why there are so many of them sometimes in NCR and Im trying hard to make a rep over 200 or whatever the level to be protected xD

actually its bugged and you dont lose karma for stealing now :> And yeah new flagging system sucks hard i agree with that :>
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 17 queries.