"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 03, 2024, 12:48:13 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Questions about Repairing  (Read 3193 times)

Re: Questions about Repairing
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2010, 03:39:08 pm »

Since we are in argument... the line "this has already seen some repairs" or something like that, lower the chance of repair an item?
Want to play Hardcore? Choose Melee!
I still fight for HtH rights. Join the cause in http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=3723.0
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2010, 10:07:14 am »

Nope i think not, but your weapon/armor worn out much faster
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2010, 05:08:46 pm »

The first repair is always the easiest.  Once you have "already seen some repairs", the chance to successfully repair decreases (at least from my experience and I've repaired a ton of weapons so far).

Retrogator

• Try again, partner.
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2010, 10:19:07 pm »

No I think that was special repair , Like good roll on repair, repair to 0 % and its was like brand new
 I got 40xp not 20xp
so sure its something set in the game that way
just probably don't happen often, maybe if i had tool and High skill it might happen a lot more

Another thing to keep in mind is items that are really high in deterioration (i.e. 80% and higher) have a much higher chance of failing to repair and can result in your item being "Its beyond repair." With 212 repair + tool, it sometimes happens. Better to keep up early maintenance and to start repairing by about 30-50%. Alternatively, you could gamble a repair with items that have "broken" or "It's barely hanging together" which occurs at 100% det. Successfully repairing those are risky but revert the item back to brand new 0%.

Note: My Supertool kit from Rondo was completely used up after about 20 repairs for me. Since the Supertool kit costs 2k, that's $100 per repair, so better make sure what you're repairing using the Supertool kit bonus is worth that money.

--What I want to know is whether or not luck plays a role in the repair formula--
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 04:37:33 am by Retrogator »
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 22 queries.