"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 11, 2024, 08:11:33 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: PK solution  (Read 13544 times)

Re: PK solution
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2010, 02:59:54 am »

Urp! I hate the idea.
And to not loose items? That's plain stupid.

VongJin

• Rogues
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2010, 03:27:29 am »

restricted loot system was already tested  long time ago :) no need to do it again for a *new testers*

virus341

• +5 AC perk. Fck yeah!
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2010, 04:56:30 am »

Full loot is what makes FOnline interesting, removing it will just spoil the game
Absolutely, one of the reasons I play this game. Otherwise I would just return in my lovely WoW.

Ps. bikkebakke, please, I pray you, please change your userpic, I'm too imaginative. I only need 1 fast-look at it to have nightmares all week long :P

Mars Sultan

• Mandingo
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2010, 05:05:18 am »

here's a pk solution: kill the other person
Igor Dolvich, Mars Ulrich, Girth Gamer, HOOPWISE98, Bobby Kotick

ARWH. Scummers.

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2010, 06:31:38 am »

And how about battles while Town Control? Tag with pink or red players who kill each other? How to differ gang members from casual players? How to differ killing in self defence from killing "for teh lulz"? Is there really nothing better to do now, than coding such things?

Bad idea, just face that Wasteland is harsh.
Nie biegaj za stadem.

Mr Feltzer

• FOnline: Australia
    • The Core Gaming Australia's Website
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2010, 09:30:19 am »

This game ain't for you. :(

Agreed With JustGreat Dont Play FOnline if you want to Stop PKing, PKing is gotta be The BIGGEST Important, if Not one of the Most Important Things,
So STFU, and GTFO.
Founder of Fallout Online Australia
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2010, 10:09:03 am »

I agree with that one who said that good and evil is a big part of fallout, if it wasn't then the whole karma system would be useless, and it seems that it is, except in the case for stealing in cities.

But there should always be an option of going good or bad.. in any real terms of a wasteland scenario, a "good" guy would never kill anyone saying that the wasteland is harsh as an excuse to do so. I say there need to be some sort of penalty, to make players think a little bit before blasting, like "is it worth a severe karma drop to kill this guy in leather jacket using a 10mm?" And it needs to be severe, not -10 for a few minutes.. these guys are murderers!! (:P)

I don't like the proposition about having about three big factions fighting eachother as a general game plan, i feel it gets too linear, and that is the worst thing that can happen to fallout.

As for dropping loot when you die, it is truly annoying as hell, but i've seen that the annoyance is not that annoying in higher levels because, if you are not unlucky as hell, you get a chance to collect extra guns, ammo, armors and store in a tent.. just die then suit up again.
Chars:
KaptenStofil
Zpider

Time can be bent, twisted, pulled and pressed, but it never breaks.
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2010, 12:42:47 pm »

I can't understand, you want to make PKs recognizeble, or be able to shoot at them without being punished? If second - then it's the worst idea ever. If first, then global karma can be implemented, and you can just see he's neutral/good/bad by scaning him with binocular-cursor.
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2010, 05:29:01 pm »

Oh it'd be great is using the binocular cursor on the character and it says something like: "He looks like one mean mofo" "He's some sort of tough ass" "He has a charming smile" or something like that. Not just "Bad" "Good". Then the player could use a role playing approach to him.

And I don't mean to contradict RavenousRat because I know that's what he meant. I just wanted to add my two cents :P
(Oh and I just wanted to say I used to have ravenous rat magic card :D )
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 05:36:24 pm by Desert Pilot »
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2010, 05:32:27 pm »

Oh it'd be great is using the binocular cursor on the character and it says something like: "He looks like one mean mofo" "He's some sort of tough ass" "He has a charming smile" or something like that. Not just "Bad" "Good". Then the player could use a role playing approach to him.
I just said an example, of couse there can be used other words, but the idea is same: allowing you to see player's karma.

avv

« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2010, 05:49:52 pm »

I can't understand, you want to make PKs recognizeble, or be able to shoot at them without being punished? If second - then it's the worst idea ever. If first, then global karma can be implemented, and you can just see he's neutral/good/bad by scaning him with binocular-cursor.

Well the binoculars are hard to use on running character so name colouring would be also required. Unless we get easier binocularing in the future.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2010, 05:57:08 pm »

Have you ever thought that it is actually good that binoculars are hard to use on running characters? You won't know if he's good or bad! You may think "How is that good?" But it shouldn't be so easy to tell if he's good or bad and he should be able to try and hide it.
You need to inspect him if he's good or not. Just like to see how much hp he has.
Maybe this would be only available to people with awareness perk? I think that'd be pretty neat.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 06:00:35 pm by Desert Pilot »
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2010, 06:10:17 pm »

Have you ever thought that it is actually good that binoculars are hard to use on running characters? You won't know if he's good or bad! You may think "How is that good?" But it shouldn't be so easy to tell if he's good or bad and he should be able to try and hide it.
You need to inspect him if he's good or not. Just like to see how much hp he has.
Maybe this would be only available to people with awareness perk? I think that'd be pretty neat.
It's not that hard to check running character's HP and even tag him(no, I'm not a tent-robber ;p), so looking his karma is the same as looking HP, so not so hard. And of couse yes, awareness perk must affect this. But it was suggested many times, so I don't think someone interested in this.
Also it was suggested with faction membership, as you can see: if you attack a BoS-member, you getting penalty reputation with BoS, but what if BoS-member is a PK and you just protecting yourself? So, if karma will be implemented and it'll work like suggested, then BoS-membership will require very high karma. Any kill neutral/good character, and having very good karma will make lower very much, I mean, if you're neutral who kills other neutral you'll get (for example) -100, but if you're good and killing neutral you will get like -500. So there will be no PKs in BoS faction, or else they will be resigned. Also it requires reworking in PvP to recognize self-defence and offence, so if BoS-member attacks you first, and you're not evil character, then you can kill him and don't get your reputation fall.
« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2010, 06:25:02 pm »

Sounds good
And of course to keep the BoS from being corrupt, they kick their members out if they drop below some karma.
And member of one faction has the right to kill a member of another faction but can't kill a member of no faction.
So if someone doesn't want trouble he shouldn't join any faction.
« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2010, 08:12:07 pm »

What an twisted logic! So killing crafter bluesuits or random leather jacket users with 10 mm pistol, or 'an good - freindly guy' who do not shoot you a soon as he see you witchout being punished is awwwright?

And adding something that make "psycho-killers' think before they press the trigger and make some consequences for being "murderer" is bad thing?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 18 queries.