"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 21, 2024, 07:39:46 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog

Poll

Does this sound like a good idea?(Read OP)

Agreed
- 8 (57.1%)
Disagreed
- 4 (28.6%)
Perhaps If(Elaborate please)
- 2 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Control of Cities, responsibilities and penalties...  (Read 1276 times)

Control of Cities, responsibilities and penalties...
« on: April 22, 2010, 03:30:08 am »

Hello, I am new to the forums but been playing the game for a long time.
Choose the third option if you like the fundamental idea but have changes to make to it.

Here is my idea:

When a gang/guild/organization takes control of a city/town they currently get rewarded for it(correct me if I'm wrong). However they do not seem to take on any responsibility besides fighting off other gangs. I would like the game to implement a system in which gangs can "promise" protection from a player. This would create a toll when entering the town, say 5-25 money or equivalent in equipment(price obviously can be different), now the gang will earn money when people visit the town. This creates a strategic need to control towns, as towns with more traffic will be desired. However if a player is PKed in the controlled town it should fine the gang.

Obviously this is a very rough idea, and I'm sure there would be problems with it. Please vote and if you have suggestions to augment the idea let me know. I am interested in hearing yours.

Karpov

• Come Together
Re: Control of Cities, responsibilities and penalties...
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 07:25:58 am »

I totally agree, as I said somewhere in another thread. It is town control, if you want to manage a city you have to be competent, it should not be an easy task. I will quote myself "a dead city is a poor city" you should not get the money if there's no one in town.
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 08:28:43 am »

Problem is, the gear people wear is ussualy worth more than those 25 caps they have to pay. So the gang is better off killing the person.
The only ones actually paying would be miners.

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 10:17:38 am »

yeah, but then the PKed person would not visit the town again, roviding those 25 caps per visit, although a 75caps per level would be fair as well.

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2010, 11:09:09 am »

yeah, but then the PKed person would not visit the town again, roviding those 25 caps per visit, although a 75caps per level would be fair as well.

I ain't paying  1575 caps just to visit a town.

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2010, 11:10:26 am »

you're paying 1575 caps to be protected against PKs

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2010, 01:00:06 pm »

you're paying 1575 caps to be protected against PKs
1575 caps for mined ore/minerals worth 2k ? Also youre not so safe as you might think
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 26 queries.