"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 20, 2024, 02:23:40 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 34

Author Topic: Your event ideas!  (Read 140574 times)

Re: Your event ideas !
« Reply #60 on: June 19, 2010, 02:15:59 pm »

One simple event:

Gather players, divide to left and right side, spawn frag grenades on the ground, put plasma grenades,dynacord,rocket launcher in the middle, FIGHT !
Just imagine that mess  :D

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #61 on: June 19, 2010, 02:18:24 pm »

2) Hold-up/hijack: that should be an easy one to make at least.. players get an alert, something like 'you have learned that a strongly guarded caravan transporting a large amount of cash is headed from NCR to San Francisco', then a GM leading an actual caravan with this brahmin carriage and some guards goes in the announced direction, stopping for a few minutes in every square. So there's the yellow circle on the map and any player can enter the location and try to rob the caravan.. The caravan starts with e.g. 10k caps and carries on whichever loot they get from unlucky attackers. So if the caravan is finally killed, the successful attacker gets the initial reward plus additional spoils.. and/or the keys from the brahmin carriage. If the caravan reaches its destination, well good luck next time:)

I tried it yesterday, it was fun, but it's an event for max 9 players.
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

Schwartz

• Killed by death.
« Reply #62 on: June 19, 2010, 02:47:51 pm »

Maybe spawn some holodiscs (in random cities, not much) with text like "you win combat armor!" "you win 1000 exp!" or something and let players find it and take awards?

Stop always comparing Lemmy to God.
I mean...he's cool & stuff, but he's just not Lemmy.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #63 on: June 19, 2010, 03:00:18 pm »

Maybe spawn some holodiscs (in random cities, not much) with text like "you win combat armor!" "you win 1000 exp!" or something and let players find it and take awards?

Such stuff is already planned. =)

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #64 on: June 20, 2010, 01:37:14 am »

Simple premade and obviously copy/pasted idea from other games.

Juggernaut:

An NPC will be the Juggernaut though (Omg Michael you cheap fucker I wanted to be the Juggernaut, what?  scared of my uber skillz????   Reply:  No I just want a PvE Boss fight for once where everyone can contribute to bringing it down, making a player be juggernaut would only make it impossible to beat)

The Juggernaut will be a SuperMutant who likes to switch between a rocket launcher and a minigun, has 300% in both skills AND FA, has 2000 Hp, normal Damage resistance e.g. 40% like every mutant, 10 in every S.P.E.C.I.A.L and unlootable so it can't run out of ammo.

Location can be anywhere GMs feel like.

The reward for the PLAYER(S)  [notice the S, this means for everyone who contributed and survived killing the Juggernaut] will be rewarded with a Minigun, 300 5mms ap, BA, 10 stimpacks, and two halfway levelled up Mercenaries of GMs choice [Due to having kiled the most powerful npc in the game your bound to get some followers in RL who worship you anyways if it was RL stuff]

Notice:  I only made this because the server was turned off so if it turns out to be shit, my apologies.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #65 on: June 20, 2010, 05:36:47 pm »

well, the idea has been done a while ago, and the 2k hp was agreed to by all that it was ludicrous, it ended up being about 500-600 if i'm correct, so, yeah, this has been done before, except the reward for killing the guy was all the loot he had accumulated while defending himself against other players.

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #66 on: June 20, 2010, 05:42:01 pm »

well, the idea has been done a while ago, and the 2k hp was agreed to by all that it was ludicrous, it ended up being about 500-600 if i'm correct, so, yeah, this has been done before, except the reward for killing the guy was all the loot he had accumulated while defending himself against other players.
Then we need another one ;D.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #67 on: June 22, 2010, 10:07:40 am »

A new event :)

Sumo fighting.

1. GM makes 3 circles made of some item, prolly broc flower.
2. in one circle goes 20 players.
3. they use ''push'' from the drop-down menu to get the enemy out of the circle.
4. the one that is out of the circle gets pwned with a GM weapon.
5. When the players get less, the circles get even smaller each time to make it more difficult.
6. at the last round, 3 last fighters fight for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Winston Wolf

• Guardian
    • The Guardians
« Reply #68 on: June 22, 2010, 12:59:35 pm »

A new event :)

Sumo fighting.

1. GM makes 3 circles made of some item, prolly broc flower.
2. in one circle goes 20 players.
3. they use ''push'' from the drop-down menu to get the enemy out of the circle.
4. the one that is out of the circle gets pwned with a GM weapon.
5. When the players get less, the circles get even smaller each time to make it more difficult.
6. at the last round, 3 last fighters fight for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.

Wow, that sounds pretty boring.  :P

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #69 on: June 22, 2010, 07:14:19 pm »

Wow, that sounds pretty boring.  :P

With a melee weapon making a small bit of damage and huge knockback would be surely more fun.
Plated gloves, anyone?
« Reply #70 on: June 23, 2010, 04:11:32 pm »

maybe we can simulate some old historical battles, "castle sieges" , capture the flags competitions, maybe you guys can even make a tournament that takes place during the weekends, 20 teams of 5 people each, pyramid system ... win go to next stage, lose you go back to NCR.
« Reply #71 on: June 27, 2010, 06:01:39 am »

Okey, this will sound a bit crazy but, here i go  8)

So, players: two teams, around 5 players each. With diffrent skills.
One thief
One melee/unarmed
One small gunner/energy
One big gunner
One Medic

Items: Weapons that does not do damage (only if you have living anatomy perk i guess) but only does cripple. One for each kind of player. And a Ball or some symbolic item representing one.

Map: Longer then wide play area forming a stadium kind of, probobly at 1:3/1:4 ratio. Two goals. Place for some spectators around the play area.

The play: The ball item is placed in the middle, the thiefs are acting as ball carriers, the item must be unabled to be carried in hand. At the start thiefs race to get the ball. The ammo for shooters to be limited (10-20 shots for smallgunner? 5 for big gunner with weapon that has very high cripple rate so they can act as last defenders?) so they have to use it wisely. The team that gets the ball item into opponents goal wins a point, best of 3 (why not + time limit), then a short break each goal (20 sec?) so teams can patch themselves up and replan. To take the ball from opponent, team must knockdown the ball carrier so the team thief can grab it.

Well, surely some more problems would show up once the first whistle sounds.

« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 06:07:30 am by kttdestroyer »

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #72 on: June 27, 2010, 01:20:38 pm »

too many, the smal gunner would go for the legs, and with the current builds the "thief wouldn't stand a chance, unless the build is based around sneak.

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1
« Reply #73 on: June 27, 2010, 04:07:58 pm »

too many, the smal gunner would go for the legs, and with the current builds the "thief wouldn't stand a chance, unless the build is based around sneak.

Chance against what? "weapons does not do damage" ;)

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #74 on: June 27, 2010, 05:23:22 pm »

both the thief's legs would be crippled, therefore, no movement on both teams sides

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 34

Page created in 0.114 seconds with 21 queries.