"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 15, 2024, 06:09:40 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 33

Author Topic: [Unique Thread] I can't launch the game or Log in  (Read 143016 times)

Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
Re: [Unique Thread] I can't launch the game or Log in
« Reply #435 on: November 13, 2012, 11:20:38 am »

The updater is bugged and it can't finish downloading some files,faction.zip is one of them.

« Reply #436 on: November 13, 2012, 02:40:52 pm »

my updater is stuck at "downloading faction.exe" ...I have waited like 30 mins no progress :/ all the other updates before it worked... Dont really know what to do my IP is correct and so is my port. (176.9.105.171) (2238)

help please?!

I suggest you to download new, clean installation http://fo2238.fodev.net/wiki/Fonline:2238_Game_Client

TheDaze09

• "CoD...CoD never changes"
« Reply #437 on: November 13, 2012, 09:57:38 pm »

I suggest you to download new, clean installation http://fo2238.fodev.net/wiki/Fonline:2238_Game_Client

thanks, gonna try that
« Reply #438 on: November 15, 2012, 11:06:09 pm »

Hello,
i would like to receive help with my problem. When i click ''play'' in the launcher, the fonline window opens and then an error:
''Data file 'Data\critter.dat' not found. Run Updater.exe'' appears, but it really doesn't matter, because after some attempts to click ok the game starts. And there's the problem: there's no mouse cursor, so i cannot perform any action. When i type o keyboard i only type in the login. Can someone help me?

PIm sorry if i posted this in the wrong place, please move it if it's not supposed to be here.

Gruik

• GROAR!
« Reply #439 on: November 15, 2012, 11:18:20 pm »

Hello,
i would like to receive help with my problem. When i click ''play'' in the launcher, the fonline window opens and then an error:
''Data file 'Data\critter.dat' not found. Run Updater.exe'' appears, but it really doesn't matter, because after some attempts to click ok the game starts. And there's the problem: there's no mouse cursor, so i cannot perform any action. When i type o keyboard i only type in the login. Can someone help me?

PIm sorry if i posted this in the wrong place, please move it if it's not supposed to be here.

I had the exactly same problem the last time I wanted to play FOnline again, about 2 monthes ago. Firstly, I want to say that I play since 2009, and I install the game so many times and had so many troubles for running it, that I thought I knew all the ways to fix it. But sometimes, mystery remains... Now the game works perfectly.

Anyway, have you tried classic checks ? Where are your master and critter ? Are they well pathed in your datafiles.cfg and datafiles2238.cfg ? Have you tried to delete all cache files except default.cache ? Do you have any mods or interfaces installed in data file ?
If everything seems normal to you, just like I had this problem, then I can only suggest you to delete everything about FOnline, including .dat files, and reinstall it (with different .dat if possible), it worked just fine for me on the first try !

Edit : And I wanted to add that just yesterday, a dude from my team wanted to install FOnline to play again, and have the same kind of unsolvable problem... After clean reinstallation it goes just good !
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 11:21:08 pm by Gruik »
« Reply #440 on: November 17, 2012, 06:12:29 pm »

Hey, thanks for the help! i already solved the problem. I had to find the master.dat and critter.dat files in the config options.

thanks and greetings!
« Reply #441 on: November 23, 2012, 05:53:03 pm »

I believe that one of my characters has become corrupted in the database so I can not log in with them. When trying to log in with character "Anthi Moo", it fails with the message "Database error, contact server's administrator". Looking at other topics that have had this problem, it seems that someone needs to try and restore an uncorrupted version of the data.

Is this the proper place to be asking for that help, or should I be submitting a new thread asking for assistance?

Thanks for all the help.

Gruik

• GROAR!
« Reply #442 on: November 23, 2012, 06:30:43 pm »

I believe that one of my characters has become corrupted in the database so I can not log in with them. When trying to log in with character "Anthi Moo", it fails with the message "Database error, contact server's administrator". Looking at other topics that have had this problem, it seems that someone needs to try and restore an uncorrupted version of the data.

Is this the proper place to be asking for that help, or should I be submitting a new thread asking for assistance?

Thanks for all the help.

Posting here is fine, also you can connect on another char and +requesthelp a GM, he or she could fix your problem from in-game.
« Reply #443 on: November 23, 2012, 07:40:15 pm »

Posting here is fine, also you can connect on another char and +requesthelp a GM, he or she could fix your problem from in-game.

Thanks, FYI to anyone else with this problem - the GM is not able to help. I was advised to go to Trac (bug tracker system) and find the existing ticket for this issue and leave a comment with the character name and the last login date. I was told that if there is a backup of the character, it may be restored during the next restart.
« Reply #444 on: December 03, 2012, 02:27:20 pm »

The updater hasnt worked since the newest update... I can't update, or log in....  for the past month maybe?     the wiki has older files (which Im using, so I assume they dont work also....  anyone know how to fix this??  how can I get the new files (changelog-24-11-2012) ???

Dark.

• I heard he came from the North.
« Reply #445 on: December 03, 2012, 02:36:07 pm »

The updater hasnt worked since the newest update... I can't update, or log in....  for the past month maybe?     the wiki has older files (which Im using, so I assume they dont work also....  anyone know how to fix this??  how can I get the new files (changelog-24-11-2012) ???
Download FOnline2238_Client.zip from here: http://fonline2238.net/files/
« Reply #446 on: December 14, 2012, 06:34:51 pm »

Hello. I got a problem. I was trying to registrate a character, but got stucked with error "Incorrect name. Probably is too long or short". Name was Stripless. I've tried to change to another, but error kept going. How can it be fixed?

Here is proof:

Gimper

• You gotta be kidding me... shoo shoo mighty hacker
« Reply #447 on: December 14, 2012, 07:00:31 pm »

Hello. I got a problem. I was trying to registrate a character, but got stucked with error "Incorrect name. Probably is too long or short". Name was Stripless. I've tried to change to another, but error kept going. How can it be fixed?

Here is proof:

You probably put your name in the password box instead of the name box. Check and see, sometimes we all make simple mistakes.  :P
« Reply #448 on: December 22, 2012, 06:14:33 am »

ok so I am brand new to this but I post this on the mod db page I thought to post it on to places so hear I go.
I got to my title screen and made my guy then I input my info and pressed play.after a few seconds it says it was not posible to connect to the server.
At first I thought the server was down because it was Night time or something even though it said it was up. so I waited a day but nothing changed even though it says the server is online.
I also tried to update but it says cant conect to the server (94.23.237.127).
or does nothing when I click it.
Help?

JovankaB

« Reply #449 on: December 22, 2012, 06:41:27 am »

ok so I am brand new to this but I post this on the mod db page I thought to post it on to places so hear I go.
I got to my title screen and made my guy then I input my info and pressed play.after a few seconds it says it was not posible to connect to the server.
At first I thought the server was down because it was Night time or something even though it said it was up. so I waited a day but nothing changed even though it says the server is online.
I also tried to update but it says cant conect to the server (94.23.237.127).
or does nothing when I click it.
Help?

The way you describe it it should work, but you can try this client:
http://fodev.net/forum/index.php/topic,22146.0.html
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 33

Page created in 0.103 seconds with 21 queries.