"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 13, 2024, 02:09:01 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Here in my car I feel safest of all  (Read 10066 times)

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
Re: Here in my car I feel safest of all
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2010, 06:30:23 pm »

Cars visible for everybody in worldmap is kind of crazy. Bad bad design. Same goes with caravan cars.

Being forced to fight off any encounter is bad too, you could just drive past them. But you shouldn't always even notice them so while driving you would miss lots of encounters because they can't catch you and you won't notice them.

Listen to this man, if you chose to ignore other's advice.
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2010, 07:24:07 pm »

Being forced to fight off any encounter is bad too, you could just drive past them. But you shouldn't always even notice them so while driving you would miss lots of encounters because they can't catch you and you won't notice them.

"You drove over small radscorpions. You gained 80 experience."
<Izual> Let's crash server
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2010, 07:25:14 pm »

"You drove over small radscorpions. You gained 80 experience."

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2010, 08:58:35 pm »

Cars visible for everybody in worldmap is kind of crazy. Bad bad design. Same goes with caravan cars.

People didn't liked it to die and loose their car. This was the result.

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2010, 09:12:00 pm »

Maybe kind of invisible locations except for the car driver and the people that were in car with him would solve this ? (If it is even possible...)
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2010, 09:20:17 pm »

Maybe kind of invisible locations except for the car driver and the people that were in car with him would solve this ? (If it is even possible...)

A tent, used as garage. Obvious, isn't it?
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2010, 10:10:03 pm »

Well we have something like that now, but instead of a car, we have a radio. Though with a temporary location. We also have those instanced quest maps.
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2010, 10:34:30 pm »

People didn't liked it to die and loose their car. This was the result.
They also don't like to lose all thier gear when die. So losing a car shouldn't be a problem, even if it's so expensive. But.. it's the car! Drive on your own risk.
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2010, 10:39:23 pm »

Well i'm more annoyed by how easy it is to steal a car. I was one of the guys that bought a car aswell.
It got stolen in 20 minutes, by a guy with 28% lockpick. I mean okay, cars should be stealable. But gaurds don't react on lockpicking, and somoene with 28% lockpick shouldnt even have chance to lockpick the thing. I mean it's a big investment 50k caps.
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2010, 10:50:08 pm »

I mean it's a big investment 50k caps.

This is the problem. As with a lot of stuff in FOnline, it's so easily lost people don't want to take it out into the world. If it were up to me, buying a car would be like buying a base. You cough up the money and you get to keep it forever. Maybe people could break into the trunk, but your car was forever yours. Nobody else could drive it, and there would be no 'key' item to lose. It's drastic, but cars would be an actual investment and worth the hefty price tag.

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2010, 11:27:29 pm »

They also don't like to lose all thier gear when die. So losing a car shouldn't be a problem, even if it's so expensive. But.. it's the car! Drive on your own risk.

The next problem was getting out of gas in the desert. Then the car was lost as well and this happened pretty often.
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2010, 02:48:01 am »

I wish the cars behaved like they did in tactics.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2010, 02:51:11 am »

You could actually move into the vehicle and drive around the map with it IIRC?
That would be indeed nice, but I suppose it's just a shitload of work to get this working in the engine.
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2010, 04:28:19 am »

Make car stealing require lockpick minimum 200 and a Luck check, and advanced lockpicks.

Failed luck check destroys tools and gives a 2 hour cooldown.

So Car Thieves will be a 200+ lockpick, 10 Luck specialty.

It takes all kinds.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's the only way to live

in

cars

I wish there were bags, backpacks, etc. in Fonline.
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2010, 08:20:16 am »

This is the problem. As with a lot of stuff in FOnline, it's so easily lost people don't want to take it out into the world. If it were up to me, buying a car would be like buying a base. You cough up the money and you get to keep it forever. Maybe people could break into the trunk, but your car was forever yours. Nobody else could drive it, and there would be no 'key' item to lose. It's drastic, but cars would be an actual investment and worth the hefty price tag.

I like this one actually, you can lockpick the trunk, but you can't lockpick the car door itself. Sure it isnt realistic, but atleast it's fair. If this would get implented people would actually start using cars (I would, even for it's slow speed I like the trunk size)
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.195 seconds with 18 queries.