• Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog

Poll

Do you like present TC system?

Yes, its pretty fair.
- 4 (21.1%)
Increase milita capacity in cities and make options to buy several types of them, not just random.
- 3 (15.8%)
Make tc squad gear check(see topic suggestion)
- 8 (42.1%)
Nah, I dont take part in tc - this is for tough factions only
- 4 (21.1%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: TC control system improvement  (Read 1364 times)

TC control system improvement
« on: April 17, 2010, 10:22:20 pm »

At present most of the times town controlling turns into bluesuits marathon over wasteland, where one team desperately tries to catch another and even when it happens, bluesuit control squad losing nothing but 3-5 mins to stick together and continue their trip. Someone might say that buying milita can prevent city from capturing this way - well in fact it is not. Due to pretty simple milita attack algorithm 1-5 guards can be easily shot down with 4 almost naked bluesuits, using grenades or cheap small guns. Therefore I have one suggestion - to add some kind of check over group which is trying to capture the city, which performed over their general equipment  - town control squad must wear some type of armor and hold some type of a gun at least. The more wealthier city the more requirements apllies to squads gear (up to CAs and hi-tech weapon for Broken Hills  for example). Ingame legend for this thing is pretty simple - mayor of the city can not be impressed, neither he can rely on naked team as guardsmen over his city - so he'll tell to those guys to take some guns and armor to prove worthy of takin control over a city.
By doing so game will have more real fights, not a naked marathons, makin town control attempt at least somewhat risky.
Re: TC control system improvement
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2010, 10:40:17 pm »

I didn't vote because I think instead it should work similar to King Of The Hill type fighting. Basically once a gang takes over a town they must stay in an allocated area (maybe the mayor's building) until the time runs out for town capture, if they decide to leave or have less members inside the area than set by the rules they cannot capture the town.

avv

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2010, 10:48:06 pm »

I didn't vote because I think instead it should work similar to King Of The Hill type fighting. Basically once a gang takes over a town they must stay in an allocated area (maybe the mayor's building) until the time runs out for town capture, if they decide to leave or have less members inside the area than set by the rules they cannot capture the town.

This is a good idea. In addition they would have to fight waves of militia for the whole 20 mins. No more bluesuit captures, gangs should pack lots of ammo and medical supplies if they wanted to endure this fight.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2010, 10:56:16 pm »

This is a good idea. In addition they would have to fight waves of militia for the whole 20 mins. No more bluesuit captures, gangs should pack lots of ammo and medical supplies if they wanted to endure this fight.

+ 1

This sounds like a much better idea. You could have a set area (not just 1 building please) Or have it so the gang has to stay IN the town for the whole 25 mins. Min 5 people and of the 5 that iniciate the capture - at least 1 must survive to the end. :)

Also Militia are an expensive joke right now, make them stronger or give more options to them. So you can buy really high end millitia who are more like super mutant mercs :)

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2010, 11:09:34 pm »

i think thats a great idea! indeed very great!
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2010, 04:43:07 am »

I wish there were bags, backpacks, etc. in Fonline.
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2010, 10:55:27 am »

This idea is not so good: What is team take the city then leave one person in the fartherst corner of some building and the remnants flee from map - will such check passed or not, or what if all of them drops their gear after taking city and take it away with some train-alt? From another point of view - if TC requires to stay all TC squad members alive  fully geared all the TC control time then it is practically impossible as well, because someone will surely die when another faction will try to attack the city during this time. Neither one nor another way is not good for implementation. I suggest simple and easy improvement in tc control algorythm with no any side effects or possible exploits - just check the TC squad gear. Then squad may leave town at any time.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2010, 11:40:04 am »

This idea is not so good: What is team take the city then leave one person in the fartherst corner of some building and the remnants flee from map - will such check passed or not, or what if all of them drops their gear after taking city and take it away with some train-alt? From another point of view - if TC requires to stay all TC squad members alive  fully geared all the TC control time then it is practically impossible as well, because someone will surely die when another faction will try to attack the city during this time. Neither one nor another way is not good for implementation. I suggest simple and easy improvement in tc control algorythm with no any side effects or possible exploits - just check the TC squad gear. Then squad may leave town at any time.

Well if there would be "gear check" and  king of the hill rule, "gear" leaves out of controlling zone, control ends. The main advantage of this would be, that we would sure have a fight now! now fights happen really seldom that sucks :>

Best example could be klamath epic trapper town fight http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fLIHDWEIqc , so we could have more fights like this, since town taking gang would need to wait for timer to end, so they will 100% stand their ground against attacking faction.

Furthermore this would prevent town control starts from coward factions which start tc and flee. Only gear check wouldnt change anything, cause these factions could do same with better gear. And king of the hill would solve this problem as well.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 02:42:21 pm by vedaras »

Nice_Boat

• I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2010, 02:20:33 pm »

Gear check + King of the Hill is neat. +1
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2010, 03:17:55 pm »

Am i understand correctly that kill of the hill will work in next way?
When city is taken, then small gear check is made (as described in first post). And if these people stayed in city, then other gang should have better equipped team to retake (or basically killed previous gang defenders).
If defending gang left, then only initial gear check should be .
E.g. if 5 people in metal take city, 1 left, and 4 stay somewhere, then gang that want to retake, should have at least 4 people in metal. Or they could kill those 4, and retake city with default gear.
This way defending team could choose location where to defend.
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2010, 03:19:46 pm »

Hmm strange. Vedaras was/is/will be member of some TC ???
Avatar: Equality of rights for ghouls!

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2010, 03:24:55 pm »

Am i understand correctly that kill of the hill will work in next way?
When city is taken, then small gear check is made (as described in first post). And if these people stayed in city, then other gang should have better equipped team to retake (or basically killed previous gang defenders).
If defending gang left, then only initial gear check should be .
E.g. if 5 people in metal take city, 1 left, and 4 stay somewhere, then gang that want to retake, should have at least 4 people in metal. Or they could kill those 4, and retake city with default gear.
This way defending team could choose location where to defend.

no king of the hill means, that when team comes to take town, it needs to pass gear check and town control timer starts. Then if town taking team leaves town, town control timer ends, and town control fails, the former faction who controlled town remains in charge. And if town taking team stay in tc zone for enough time they take the town. In other words to seize town control faction needs 1 pass gear check 2 hold on for some time in tc zone. Gear check would be even for all factions, just if faction wants to take town, which is being taken, they need to defeat faction defending tc zone which should be around mayor i suppose.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 03:29:30 pm by vedaras »
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 25 queries.