"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 25, 2024, 12:32:17 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Warzone event #2  (Read 5099 times)

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
Warzone event #2
« on: January 01, 2010, 08:13:04 pm »

Today (January 1st, 2010) will happen the Warzone event.

It will happen around 8-9 PM, GMT+1 (20:00 or 21:00).

This event is simple. In a location, there are lots of stuff. Weapons, stimpacks, armors. If you are killed, you can come back, heal yourself, grab a weapon and fight again. There will be no reward for this event : This is only fun =p Read again : No reward. You come naked, you go back naked.
The aim of the event is simple : Giving to everyone the ability to fight against other players (PvP only).
GMs will be there to prevent anyone from dismanteling the stuff. This it totally forbidden and we lead to jail (Or to the glow =D) during the event time.

Since lots of people seem to enjoy PvP, we thought it would be nice to do this kind of event. If you don't like PvP or this idea, then you'll miss nothing by just not going at the event's location.

The event's location will be displayed when the event begins.

It is still a test-event right now, to test the Warzone concept. However, we heard critics about the 1st Warzone event and tried to fix these flaws :
- Random respawn ;
- Camping ;
- Map without covers.

The event will use a brand new map made by MrLexx o/

Remember :
- Come naked.
- Do not dismantle stuff.
- And TEAMING IS NOT ALLOWED. We will kill all the players teamming, at the first sign of teaming.

- Happy new year.

Feel free to comment it here.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 08:17:00 pm by Izual »
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

jodwig

• I'm not always right, but I'm never wrong either
    • After War Mod
Re: Warzone event #2
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2010, 09:00:01 pm »

Everyone is teaming, people are camping near chests so blue suits can't get stuff, and I see mostly Small Guns only. Next time when you respawn you should respawn with out weakness with full hp and have some chance to pick weapon before you die and sometimes people leave you on the ground with -hp and you can't do anything. Shorter timeouts for respawning are welcome too.

EDIT: Some bigged map could be nice too, Klamath is really cool place for PvP and making Warzone for teams is cool idea too, I'm just trying to help you make it event better, but every next Warzone is better than one before :D

EDIT 2: I love when someone with grenades or rockets entering tent and killing everyone who trying to get some loot from chest.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 09:04:18 pm by jodwig »
Only people who are ready to die should be able to kill...

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2010, 09:02:11 pm »

Nice event, very nice ideas.

-good respawn idea
-nice cover and buidlings(nice map generally)
-but...more stimpacks
-could be areas where you can't be shoot until you get healed or take a gun. An NPC healer would be good.

The map is too small and the teaming is awful... ;p

Disabled player names in the event would be nice :D
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 09:35:24 pm by Lena »
just because we play a post-apocalyptic game doesn't mean we have to accept to see people insulting us of jews.
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2010, 09:53:04 pm »

where is that event?

JovankaB

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2010, 09:55:25 pm »

the event is over an the location was removed AFAIK

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2010, 12:13:34 am »

Yes, it's over already since a while. We will add more improvements to it for the next time.
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2010, 08:34:13 am »

To prevent people from killing you before you even get a gun maybe you can setup these maps with an entrance safe zone for people to get geared up before entering the combat zone.Since armors and weapons are stackable you can set a variety of things on top of eachother in a row for everyone to choose from.Keep it simple and only give players very little ammo like however much is in the clip,just enough so they wont be running into a gunfight unarmed.Place better weapons,ammo,and armors thoughout the actual battlezone itself.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 11:17:06 am by Tyler »

Jimmy King

• Pew pew lasers!
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2010, 11:31:49 am »

Second warzone was over 9000 times better than the first. Gotta say, it was nearly perfect if not for these flaws: many players including me got killed by many other players (also including me :P) before they could get a gun/armor, so yea, you could have like a respawn protection that when you respawn you cant get shot at and it ends after, lets say 10 seconds or until you shoot someone. But the biggest flaw was the weakening time - it was freakin awful running around all the time with 10 health and unable to heal myself. FA's pointless here.
Fock! Fock! Give my cow back! Fock!

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2010, 11:38:36 am »

Thanks for reporting.
As Lexx said, we've found some flaws and all in all the suggested solutions were :
- More lockers with stuff inside them ;
- No negative hit points, respawn with full life ;
- More Big Guns, Energy Guns and Throwing weapons ;
- Ability to leave map ;
- Bigger map.

We can't promise to make them all, but we'll try to add some of these solutions for next Warzone event.
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

Reconite

• I'm a Spore Plant, I swear to god
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2010, 11:42:32 am »

Quote from: Izual
- And TEAMING IS NOT ALLOWED. We will kill all the players teamming, at the first sign of teaming.
Quote from: jodwig
Everyone is teaming

Who was in charge of the "kill all the players teaming, at the first sight of teaming"?
Quote from: Zogra
THIS IS NOT BETA THIS IS SPARTA

ARWH. Scummers to the end.

Jimmy King

• Pew pew lasers!
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2010, 01:44:31 pm »

Oh hell, how you gonna manage that? Leave the admins alone about teaming. It wasnt THAT bad anyway.
Fock! Fock! Give my cow back! Fock!

Gruik

• GROAR!
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2010, 06:32:20 pm »

Who was in charge of the "kill all the players teaming, at the first sight of teaming"?

I think that Izual was one of them. During the event, me and some of the Cajuns were teamplaying (bouuuh, bad !), and Izual kills all of us.

However, this event was very fun, and using Bozar or Gauss guns was soooo cool ! Maybe that a full-life respawning, with no Weakened condition, and either a safe zone with stuff or more chests will be a good thing to do. 
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2010, 08:14:41 pm »

where will be next event? : )
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 21 queries.