"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 17, 2024, 11:13:06 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: A tip to make some quick cash for new commers  (Read 4113 times)

A tip to make some quick cash for new commers
« on: December 23, 2009, 05:17:13 am »

Items needed: -A knife
                     -1 fiber 
First off get yourself a hold of a knife (any). Now search the desert for the plants that look sturdy. Hold your cross hair over the plant,hold left click and scroll down to item pack,click the knife. Now you have fiber. Take the fiber and make some rope at a bench or your fixboy. Now roam around for a pack of brahmins and try to capture one (same procedure as getting the fiber). Sneaking before attempting to capture a brahmin seems to help. Once you have you brahmin tamed take him to the nearestand hopefuly safest town and sell him to the man at the brahmin pen. Theres a couple hundred caps in your pocket.
I would like my enlcave skin please :D
Re: A tip to make some quick cash for new commers
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2009, 07:28:52 pm »

The tip above is ok but mostly you will have the problem that the Brahmin dealers are full and dont buy the cows.

If you want to make some money fast you could also keep the fibers...collect more and sell it to guys in NCR for example. Many guys will buy it from you for 150 up to 300 each (i think). Timeout is 5 minutes for collecting fiber so you can collect about 10 to 12 in one hour.

Same goes with Alloys but they need more time to craft because of the Cooldown of 10 minutes. But its worth the waiting and crafting. Selling them to other players gives you about 600 up to 800 caps each.

There are lot of more ways to earn money of course but this topic is about first help :)...

bikkebakke

• I'll show those FOnliners how RT is supposed to be
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2009, 01:34:01 am »

Make sure you can make Brass Knuckles, then camp around a barrel wich you can loot junk from.  tip from stealing (Place the junk and brass knuckles in your hand slots). Now start making brass knuckles..... and then go to the iguana salesman, he will buy them for a somewhat good price. Plus you get xp for it :/    PLUS there is no crafting cd for making brass knuckles so you can just spam them. **There is a chance that the iguana salesman dont have any cash, you could trade for weapons or stuff, or just wait. If you want cash and no xp just keep the junk and sell junk to random players instead, some pays a good price for it.

**They have set CD on brass knuckles now so its kind of useless to make them now...**
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 06:59:09 pm by bikkebakke »
Gussiplurr - activehttp://fo2238.fodev.net/status/STATUS

Marko69

• SLASH!
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2009, 06:12:22 pm »

Craft some bb ammo, sell it at town trader npc. Even if you have no charisma and barter, you'll get 100 caps.
Anti-pk, protector of the law in wasteland.
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2009, 09:40:41 pm »

I have a question.
You can see a base price of the items on the FOnline 2238 Wiki. How much barter and charisma do I need to sell the item for this price to NPC, who is specialized in the given items? It would be cool if someone can send me his barter and CHA and some item prices he gets at shops, even if he gets more or less than base price. Thanks, I just want to do some maths, so I can count how much should I invest in barter skill (and I have quite high CHA).
Some folks got 'em and some have not
But these are the breaks
Break it up, break it up, break it up
Break down!
..guess who

Red Bear

• aka Black Jack
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2009, 01:34:02 am »

The item price depends only on your trade skill (not on Charisma). Charisma makes higher your barter skill in the beginning of the game. So for example if I will have 4 CHA and barter 200 and you will have 10 CHA and barter 180, I will buy/sell things with better price.
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2010, 06:37:15 pm »

When just starting I found that gathering Flint and making/selling Primitive Tools was a quick way to make some caps when you have nothing at all.

Here are the steps basically to make a bit of money for a new character or to get some ammo to go hunt when you have absolutely nothing:

• Gather Flint
  • Use the Flint to make a Primitive Tool
  • Use a Primitive Tool on a tree to gather Wood
  • Go to some City Ruins and gather Junk
  • Use one Wood and one Junk to make a Sledgehammer
  • Go to the mine west of NCR and use the Sledgehammer to gather Ore and Mineral
  • Use the Ore and Mineral to make 12. ga Shotgun Shells
  • Sell the 12. ga Shotgun Shells for caps, trade for equipment or use for ammo

There are a bunch of variations on this pretty much to make money or make some gear. If you know the right steps, the way gathering and crafting works you're able to earn some caps/gear from nothing at all. Hope this helps a bit...  ;)
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2010, 06:51:08 pm »

A fast way to get 1000 caps or the equivalent in items is:
(You need 40 outdoorsman)
Shovel brahmin shit or carry boxes to get caps and buy a knife.
Take that knife and walk around desert near mountains to find plants. (Red/orange coloured thin things looking like corn)
Use knife on plants to get fibre. Repeat until you have reached your gathering timeout.
Go with that fibre and make rope in workbench. Just to make sure carry fibres in one hand and newly made rope in other hand.
Sell your 10 new ropes. They are worth 100 each in general traders.

With this you can buy two shotguns and lots of ammo to level and be able to make gunpowder for yourself.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 07:03:37 pm by blahblah »
<Izual> Let's crash server
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2010, 06:57:12 pm »

...Take that knife and walk around desert near mountains to find plants...

Hrmm I've been wondering about this for a while, is it a specific plant you need to use a knife on to get fibers or will basically all of the plants you can gather from give you fibers when you use a knife on them?
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2010, 07:08:37 pm »

mutated corn like orange corn stalks you need to hold mouse button till backpack appears then click on a knife thats in your inventory it should then collect the fiber
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.119 seconds with 22 queries.