"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 07, 2024, 11:42:55 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Holodisks  (Read 671 times)

Holodisks
« on: April 17, 2010, 08:03:09 pm »

My suggestion is to extend them a bit.I wrote a three paragraph journal entry for my medic and found that it got cut off midway through the third paragrph when i downloaded to my piboy.I remember getting pages of info off of them in the originals and if possible would like to see a bit more room on these.

I tried to shorten up my entry and had a hard time getting rid of what was already on the disk so i also suggest maybe adding an erase button to them.I tried scrolling down but it only lets you go so far.

While i was talking about them on Mirc someone mentioned that they could possibly become a cratable item.I went to check on a rumor that you could buy them in the HUB bookstore and that turned out to be false.I dont remember who said it but his idea was for it to require maybe 60 science,some elecrtonis parts,some junk,and give very minimal xp.

Awsome idea adding these into the game and i would love to see them used more often and i think maybe my suggestion would help that along.Ive yet to see any besides the one i have and only know of one other person to use one.She is playing Iron Man mode in fonline and has written up a last will and testament that she carries around with her in case of death.

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
Re: Holodisks
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2010, 08:06:13 pm »

and found that it got cut off midway through the third paragrph

You can write text in a text editor and copy&paste the final text into the holodisk window.

Holodisks can be bought in the boneyard library.
Re: Holodisks
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2010, 08:18:21 pm »

Im sorry for not being more detailed in my explanation.I used the copy paste function but erasing what i had done so that i could copy and paste the newer stuff was not easy to do and very time consuming.It wouldnt overwrite was originally there so i had to scroll down and erase it bit by bit before i got to the end.I had trouble because it wouldnt let me completely erase what was previously there.Every time i hit the write buttin after clearing the tape it would just close it out.I would reopen it to find that what i had erased was still there.I eventually was able to get it by  all by leaving just one word on the disk and hitting the write button.I copy pasted the new stuff and just went back to erase that one word i saved from the old.In the end it was all wasted because even after shortening it by five lines it still got cut off.

As far as buying them in the boneyard,I did not know that,so thankyou.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 08:24:36 pm by Tyler »
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.206 seconds with 23 queries.