"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 04, 2024, 11:42:12 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Stealing and guarded area  (Read 3224 times)

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
Re: Stealing and guarded area
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2010, 09:25:40 pm »

When you are killed, it's because you are not in guarded city, or taking risques or doing dumb things.
When you follow beginner guide, you stay in guarded city to lv a bit.
But here is the fact you have some guys stealing you over and over and you can't do nothing about it, and that's bassically an "exploit".
A game is interactiion between player and game, here it's nothing, you can do what you want,  there is no spare, and moreover the guy say insanity, sooo good.
I mean he use lame issue on players that can't fight back or even try to, and they are happy about that and no one see the issue.

And i don't care the guy say he would have given it back, yeah for sure ... but it's not the issue (if he steal and no one notice or he's gone when you notice, ok), here is something completly lame cause even if you notice, the only that risk death is you ...
Why the rules forbid to camp and PK on spawn points? It's exactly the same for me, you can't do nothing.

stay near guards so then they will notice the thief and fuck him up :> i see you in vault city often so just join vc, and attack the thief, guards will pwn him no matter what.
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2010, 09:39:59 pm »

Yeah but if i join VC i'll have some troubles with other factions right? (and i don't meet requirements)
And i stay near guard as possible, but i got stolen while crafting, there is a guard near brahmin he didn't notice nothing :/
So where i should be exactly from guard? Cause it seem i was not so far away from one.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 09:42:23 pm by Midnight »

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2010, 09:53:27 pm »

Yeah but if i join VC i'll have some troubles with other factions right? (and i don't meet requirements)
And i stay near guard as possible, but i got stolen while crafting, there is a guard near brahmin he didn't notice nothing :/
So where i should be exactly from guard? Cause it seem i was not so far away from one.

well if you would be citizen there is one workbench in maintenance center inside city so it would be safe for you. And you would be only shot by few factions (enclave who will you never meet, gecko caravans but since you will find them mostly in encounters with vc patrols or caravans they will defend you, and mutants near v13 which is not commonly visited place neither). And requirements you can always do quest, which is easy, if i meet you in vc i might be able even to help for you, still quest description is in wiki.

FischiPiSti

• frikkin' SledgeHammer
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2010, 10:03:06 pm »

Average player cant steal, suicide bombing is actually easyer then stealing. But theres just soo many ways you can counter a steal, like i dont know, ...step away from him.
But ok, i have an idea.
How about: Guards will ALLWAYS see if someone steals, but do nothing unless he succeeds. BTW if they fail you can kill them. IF they suceed, then guards intercept UNARMED, and chase the thief out of the city shouting "STOP! THIEF!" He loses karma, and gains a "thief" tag over time, that doesnt let the players kill him, just that when the thief has negativ karma that would otherwise result in instant death, they would rather chase him unarmed the second he steps in the city. He could sneak however, but high enough sneak+steal? Impossible.
Troll.
HtH suggestions: Melee: +DR(PA)
Unarmed: +AC(active sneak should boost AC as they are "less visible")
General "class" idea pool in the form of new perks with high skillrequirements: http://anarchyonline.wikia.com/wiki/Professions
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2010, 10:09:45 pm »

Average player cant steal, suicide bombing is actually easyer then stealing. But theres just soo many ways you can counter a steal, like i dont know, ...step away from him.
But ok, i have an idea.
How about: Guards will ALLWAYS see if someone steals, but do nothing unless he succeeds. BTW if they fail you can kill them. IF they suceed, then guards intercept UNARMED, and chase the thief out of the city shouting "STOP! THIEF!" He loses karma, and gains a "thief" tag over time, that doesnt let the players kill him, just that when the thief has negativ karma that would otherwise result in instant death, they would rather chase him unarmed the second he steps in the city. He could sneak however, but high enough sneak+steal? Impossible.
Average player cant shoot, suicide bombing is actually easyer then shootin'. But theres just soo many ways you can counter a shot, like i dont know, ...step away from the firing sector.
But ok, i have an idea.
How about: Guards will ALLWAYS see if someone has a gun, but do nothing unless he takes it out. BTW if they fail you can kill them. IF they suceed, then guards intercept UNARMED, and chase the gunfighter out of the city shouting "STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM!" He loses karma, and gains a "thug" tag over time, that doesnt let the players kill him, just that when the thug has negativ karma that would otherwise result in instant death, they would rather chase him unarmed the second he steps in the city. He could sneak however, but high enough sneak+gun skill? Impossible.
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2010, 10:14:34 pm »

"But theres just soo many ways you can counter a steal, like i dont know, ...step away from him."
Untrue. I was at workbench and when i saw him acting i moved, but that didn't change anything, it was allready done. So steping away don't work.
You can move the craft window to see your character when crafting and that's what i do allways exactly for avoiding this and it don't work.

Once again stealing is not the issue, the issue is that if you notice him, you are stuck with no option.
Yeah maybe an alternative to instant kill for thiefs could be great if they got caught and something leting guys who notice steal could act.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2010, 03:03:45 am »

If a thief steals at all from anybody and you see him/notice  There should be a Gaurd thing where you can report that person for the offence.  Like lets say ummm   Firedude211 just pickpocketed your 20 caps, you can go to a gaurd say you wanna report someone then click  Say: "Firedude211"  and the gaurd will go and confront him asking him to relinquish the stolen goods after he has searched him, if the search is a success The gaurd will return to you with the caps and give them back.  BUT the thief still has a chance to hide them before the gaurd notices.  Making Thieving not only balanced but not totally relying on percentage and gaurd perception but your own perception and the thiefs Own brain to hide the goods till he knows the heat has died down for the goods.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2010, 03:07:59 pm »

As always people hate thiefs but dunno how hard a thief's life is.

Since a thief can only steal and can't fight, as someone said, I think they are already penalized enough, think about the horrible reputation drop regardless if you succesfull steal or not, and the hard times someone get at the start.

Obviously a master thief with high skill has an easy life... so what? Everyone specialized in something and with high skill has an easy life...
Want to play Hardcore? Choose Melee!
I still fight for HtH rights. Join the cause in http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=3723.0
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 21 queries.