"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 07, 2024, 10:08:36 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Disassembling Experiment  (Read 3048 times)

Retrogator

• Try again, partner.
Disassembling Experiment
« on: April 10, 2010, 01:32:40 am »

-- Disassembling Experiment --

After searching through the fonline literature, I realized there isn’t a whole lot of info about dissembling items (post-wipe). That being said, I’ve decided to experiment with several items and post the results. I’m curious to know if anyone else has been disassembling items and are blown away.

From what I have tested in the past (pre-wipe), disassembling gave more materials depending on your science level. Approx. 200 science would average about 40-70% of the material cost required to craft the item (this could be a combination of metal parts, alloy, junk, or electronic parts). Not bad, considering mining for those material was more time consuming back then. Whether or not the deterioration % had an impact, I do not remember.

Here are some of the results…

…and for those who haven’t memorized the materials you need to craft items, feel free to follow along with this link:

http://www.fo2238.fodev.net/wiki/Category:Craftable_Items

**Disassembling with 208 science (Post-wipe)**

10mm Pistol (66% det.)
- 1x junk
- 1x metal part

Hunting Rifle (56% det.)
- 1x junk
- 1x metal part

Hunting Rifle (72% det.)
- 2x junk

M3A1 “Grease Gun” SMG (55% det.)
- 1x metal part

Combat Shotgun (46% det.)
- 2x metal parts
- 1x junk

Combat Shotgun (75% det.)
- 2x metal parts
- 3x junk

H&K CAWS (69% det.)
- 3x metal parts
- 2x junk

H&K CAWS (59% det.)
- 3x metal parts
- 1x junk

Laser Rifle (53% det.)
- 3x metal parts
- 3x junk

Assault Rifle (0% det. - Perfect condition)
- 1x metal part
- 3x junk

Metal Armor MkII (0% det. - Perfect condition)
- 6x Junk

At this point I was about to throw up, so I stopped disassembling. Actually, I was hysterical and considered disassembling my suit of Combat Armor just to see what would show up. From the assault rifle and metal armor disassembly, I’m pretty sure % deterioration has nothing to do with the amount of materials you get back.

I was hoping to be able to get some (at least 1, please?) high quality metal parts and/or high quality alloy from the higher tier guns…So, I was a little ambitious. Fine. But what astounds me the most, and I still can’t comprehend how and why, is the fact that you can disassemble items for materials that aren’t even required to craft it. Apparently with 208 science, my knowledge and expertise of technology is so immense that I can carefully piece apart a suit of MKII Metal Armor from its constituent parts of 5 high quality metal parts – and pull out 6 pieces of junk. Whoever said an H&K CAWS need high quality? Or Laser Rifles need electronic parts? Clearly they are only made of metal parts and junk.

I’m beginning to doubt whether 200+ science has any bearing on the materials you get back. I have only been able to acquire metal parts and junk (no electronic parts, no alloy, no high quality metal, and no high quality alloy). Only metal parts… and junk…

Anyone else have some results to prove otherwise? Maybe I’m just unlucky or not high skilled enough. It's disappointing that investing 208 skill points into science comes down to such terrible rewards. Seems like there's no point for anyone to ever have more than the 120 science needed for Energy Expert 3 or Demolition Expert 2. All in all, it’s comforting to know that I can reduce an entire inventory and locker of guns into an infinite supply of high quality junk.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 05:06:33 pm by Retrogator »
Re: Disassembling Experiment
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2010, 01:50:24 am »

HMMMM.......
Could it be that the disassembling tables were not updated to reflect the current crafting requirements?
<Izual> Let's crash server
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2010, 02:00:21 am »

Last build I disassembled like 4 vindicators and got 50 metal, 45 ores and a ton of junk.

Retrogator

• Try again, partner.
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2010, 02:10:00 am »

HMMMM.......
Could it be that the disassembling tables were not updated to reflect the current crafting requirements?

I don't think so. If the game is still using the old disassembling tables, chances are I would have gotten at least 1 piece of alloy (and more likely several) from all those items.

virus341

• +5 AC perk. Fck yeah!
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2010, 03:05:14 am »

Thanks for sharing tho'
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2010, 09:26:47 am »

those are post-wipe results? crap there is no HQ materials

i wanna note however that there is random factor and sooper tool kit helps - i was able to 3 alloys of flamer with STK but without im not sure i ever got more then 1.... alsi for assult rifle i recived 4-5MP (had 222 science)...

eitherway if its post wipe then good to know that dissassembling havnt been worked on and now only results with the base stuff

Retrogator

• Try again, partner.
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2010, 05:00:49 pm »

those are post-wipe results? crap there is no HQ materials

i wanna note however that there is random factor and sooper tool kit helps - i was able to 3 alloys of flamer with STK but without im not sure i ever got more then 1.... alsi for assult rifle i recived 4-5MP (had 222 science)...

eitherway if its post wipe then good to know that dissassembling havnt been worked on and now only results with the base stuff

I wouldn't mind trying again with a super tool kit. Don't know where to find or buy one though. Currently it gives +25 to repair? or was it +50? If it does help, maybe repair skill has something to do with it.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2010, 09:51:30 pm »

HMMMM.......

This
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

Heckler Spray

• former Orphans' member, now in TTT Lawyer Agency
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2010, 10:24:37 pm »

I wouldn't mind trying again with a super tool kit. Don't know where to find or buy one though. Currently it gives +25 to repair? or was it +50? If it does help, maybe repair skill has something to do with it.

You can buy a super tool kit to Rondo, in NCR rangers building, for 2000 caps.

If I remember well, before wipe, Luck was a very important factor in disassembling arithmetic.
Blood is thicker than water.
-------------------------------------

"Surf Solars Seal of Awesome" - "Amazing Music Taste" achievments

Retrogator

• Try again, partner.
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2010, 10:55:03 pm »

If I remember well, before wipe, Luck was a very important factor in disassembling arithmetic.

hm. I do only have 1 Lk. Would appreciate it if Devs could post the disassembling formula.

Retrogator

• Try again, partner.
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2010, 07:46:52 pm »

Sorry to be ignorant, but where is Rondo located and what does he look like? Is the NCR ranger building the one with the all the workbenches?

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2010, 08:06:06 pm »

Sorry to be ignorant, but where is Rondo located and what does he look like? Is the NCR ranger building the one with the all the workbenches?

Yes he is in there. Check out the Questions and Answers topic in Survival Guides for a picture.

I sure hope they change it so that dissembling can bring HQ stuff too.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.273 seconds with 24 queries.