"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • October 06, 2024, 02:01:51 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: So the milita serves what purpose other than helping pkers?  (Read 7921 times)

Re: So the milita serves what purpose other than helping pkers?
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2010, 02:32:53 pm »

It would be good only if:

1. it was more than just 100 caps (100 caps is ridiculously low)
2. payment was taken to TC footlocker
3. militia would still attack those who attack militia / member of controlling gang
4. you weren't protected anymore if the town is taken by another team

Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2010, 02:33:58 pm »

It would be good only if:

1. it was more than just 100 caps (100 caps is ridiculously low)

100 caps is a high price for newcomers, and this feature would be useful mostly for them.
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2010, 02:36:50 pm »

At least 500.

- Not hard to get (2 repeatable quests completed once and it's all),
- rewarding for controlling faction,
- discouraging other factions from paying just to rape militia and members of controlling gang in easier way

also saying that 100 caps is a high price for anyone must be a joke of some sort

Still, there is a problem: member of controlling faction can just camp and kill those who come there to pay.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 02:39:50 pm by Kilgore »
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2010, 02:44:45 pm »

100 wasn't proposition, yea I know there should be X not a certain amount. I think those solution is acceptable for both side, weak players will be safe as lon as they are in city, and PvP faction will have profit form this. Of course there is always chance to capture town with, chest full of caps.

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2010, 02:51:25 pm »

maybe 75 caps per level so a lvl 21 player=1625 caps per time visited lvl 10 player (which most normal people are on)=750 caps per visit.

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2010, 02:55:19 pm »

Hmm in my opinion acceptable solution, lets see what other thinks.

Pozzo

• Tim Tom & Ted Lawyer Agency
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2010, 03:58:06 pm »

Maybe not pay for every visit but pay for constant visit, like daily pass in VC.

_Youkai_

• Breaking your dreams!
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2010, 04:11:02 pm »

Well making something like tc limit should help and encourage people to fight. If it would be possible to start one or two town controls at same time in whole wasteland by all gangs things may change. And only when tc timer ends you are able to take another town, i think something like this would do the trick.

Good idea. I like it.
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2010, 05:15:17 pm »

Maybe not pay for every visit but pay for constant visit, like daily pass in VC.
This. And the faction itself should determine how much it should cost. You enter town, if you dont buy the pass in 1 minute, you get fuxored. Either pay the, 500 would be a nice cost for like 3 hours, or get out.
I give a fuck.

Nice_Boat

• I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2010, 06:25:15 pm »

Why are you approaching the problem from the arse's side? Make a guarded location for every town, just like mines. Or one for all of them. Or put it in the NCR. Post a terminal there. You want to enter BH, you pay X caps at the terminal and you get flagged as *paid* for a given town. You die there while being flagged, the controlling faction doesn't receive shit. You don't, they get 50% of the X caps you deposited at their TC stash after your "day pass" expires.

Suddenly:
- no alting can overcome the system - you pay from the gang stash, you lose 50% of what you paid for a funny flag over your head
- no stupid rules for TC people - they do what they want, militia works as it did - if they kill people indiscriminately, their paycheck's going to suck hard
- controlling faction becomes interested in protecting visitors, other factions might want to kill them to reduce the income
- the bonus cash stays when the town gets captured by another faction and flags are visible for everyone - so if the attackers are there to stay, they just might want to reduce collateral damage
- there's a clear distinction between hardcore PK, mild PK and friendly factions
- spies can still be killed on sight even if they use the system, it promotes real visitors with real business there

... good enough?

Oh, and the passes could come in all sizes and shapes, so a wealthy merchant could pay just enough for the gang to make looting him questionable... I mean yeah, you could get that armor and some wares, but he won't come tomorrow with more, right? If you make trading in TC-able towns more profitable than trading in, say, NCR - you could get some real money and ware transfer going on - or a player driven economy, if you will. I mean, Klamath could pay you more for EP based stuff while Gecko could use some brahmin hides. Endless possibilities.
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2010, 07:33:26 pm »

Paying  something depending of your lv would be great cause right now it's quite ridiculous.

You come to trade to modoc for exemple, you come sell a Brahmin, A) you get simply shot by a guy and militi a finish you off, B) someone PK you C) someone kill your cow.
I know northen cities are supposed to be savages, but you don't choose where you spawn, some "noobies" quest are in those cities and when you start or respawn you haven't even a knife, traveling the waste is impossible.

I would say too, a city with no trade die, and the actual system make trade useless, players prefere shooting blue suits than leting them trade some healing powder, cause they can take there equipement.
Militia should be a little more concerned about that cause they are supposed to maintain a bit of order in the city and be sure it's going good.

Pozzo

• Tim Tom & Ted Lawyer Agency
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2010, 09:22:56 pm »

players prefere shooting blue suits than leting them trade some healing powder, cause they can take there equipement.
Militia should be a little more concerned about that cause they are supposed to maintain a bit of order in the city and be sure it's going good.

Factions controlling towns prefer to trade themselves because they don't want other players to take the caps and ammos from merchants.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2010, 03:44:41 am »

*snip*

Sounds really good.

I love you.  ;D
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2010, 11:31:41 am »

So the people from faction x are coming in town, everyone pays some money. Then they get in position and start blasting the militia away. :>

There's still the good old BACK OFF YOU'RE TOO CLOSE script from caravans. Or maybe if you pull a gun you get shot.

Nice_Boat

• I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2010, 11:40:31 am »

There's still the good old BACK OFF YOU'RE TOO CLOSE script from caravans. Or maybe if you pull a gun you get shot.

All it takes is entering a "good" house and firing off a sniper rifle round. Militia have to engage in the streets, all at once to have a chance - and the only way to do that is having them commanded by a player. If you include a mechanism that lets players freeroam a TC-enabled town without the controlling faction having any say you could just a well revert back to the mechanism from 2 wipes ago.

Anyway, I don't see the point of the OP - does it really make that much of a difference if the militia finishes you off you instead of a sniper with a hunting rifle? Once the bullet strikes the flesh you're screwed anyway. If anything, I'd say that if the controlling faction is using a guy with a BB gun shooting at the torso your chances are higher than if it was a powerbuild hunting for you with his battle weapon of choice. Besides, the system is working as intended as showcased by miners being protected in BH and Redding from time to time and the permament gang presence in their towns. You'd NEVER see something like that without the militia, and the cities would be ghost towns with bloodthirsty raiders waiting on the worldmap. It just needs a bit more polish to make everyone happy, that's all.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 22 queries.