"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 16, 2024, 05:16:56 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Weapon Drop  (Read 1588 times)

Weapon Drop
« on: April 11, 2010, 01:03:52 am »

How come an ant or a stupid little rat is able to make me drop my weapon (lvl 14 big gunner, st 7, en 6, don't know what counts in this kind of situation)? It seems pretty ridiculous to me, recently I lost a weapon like this just because I didn't want to waste ammo and that little bastard managed to bite me 1 hex away from the leaving zone, it lagged and upon returning to the worldmap, I realised my LSW is gone  :-X

Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
Re: Weapon Drop
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010, 01:07:35 am »

It's called "ouch! my finger hurts!".
Nie biegaj za stadem.

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2010, 01:11:48 am »

And how's that little thing crawling on the ground gonna get to your fingers protected by CA gloves, almost a meter above the ground?  :D Jumping ants? Leaping rats? Had it been a molerat or anything else big enough, I would have remained silent... And I'm definitely not into "total realism" in games, however, what happened to me seems to be a little bit off the limits  ;D
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 01:25:56 am by Farreloth »

Sius

• Sheep EX machina!
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2010, 01:34:01 am »

And how's that little thing crawling on the ground gonna get to your fingers protected by CA gloves, almost a meter above the ground?  :D Jumping ants? Leaping rats?

NPCs ingame are pretty much like clones with different skin and a bit altered stats. They all have chances to score critical hits, knock you down, eat your guns and such. There is nothing like unique species right now and only thing that just comes near to that is fire gecko and centaur/floater and thats just because they don't do only physical dmg. Something like unique characteristics for each beast/NPC kinds are needed yet priority or technical reasons will not allow us to have such stuff ingame until next year.
Anyway I look forward to see some NPC upgrades like level scaling, mob characteristics and such. Like rat won't be able to knock you down but it can poison you with some weak poison or disease. Deathclaws with high chance of knockdowns etc. For now we have only poison, radiation, crippled limbs or eyes + overweight. Some new positive and negative effects and "special" attacks are simply a must. F.e. mele chars could use backstab - they will sneak upon an enemy and score a 1.5x dmg but they have to stand behind their target + at range of 1-3 hexes away etc. But I have absolute no idea how to implemen such features so some people would not cry about it and call it wow style gaming and other **** like that.
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2010, 01:41:28 am »

NPCs ingame are pretty much like clones with different skin and a bit altered stats. They all have chances to score critical hits, knock you down, eat your guns and such. There is nothing like unique species right now and only thing that just comes near to that is fire gecko and centaur/floater and thats just because they don't do only physical dmg. Something like unique characteristics for each beast/NPC kinds are needed yet priority or technical reasons will not allow us to have such stuff ingame until next year.
Anyway I look forward to see some NPC upgrades like level scaling, mob characteristics and such. Like rat won't be able to knock you down but it can poison you with some weak poison or disease. Deathclaws with high chance of knockdowns etc. For now we have only poison, radiation, crippled limbs or eyes + overweight. Some new positive and negative effects and "special" attacks are simply a must. F.e. mele chars could use backstab - they will sneak upon an enemy and score a 1.5x dmg but they have to stand behind their target + at range of 1-3 hexes away etc. But I have absolute no idea how to implemen such features so some people would not cry about it and call it wow style gaming and other **** like that.

All I needed was an answer like this. Thanks (dík  ;D)! I just wish it was possible to disable certains abilities on certain kinds of critters to prevent such unlikely situations...

hmmm so lets see... you droped weapon and you left it on encounter.
Good that you made new topic to tell us how stupid you are.

Thank you for your constructive answer, sir. May I advise you to look at my first post again? Reading it 15 or 20 times could be enough for you to finally understand the point :D
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 01:48:55 am by Farreloth »
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2010, 04:39:49 am »

Anyway I look forward to see some NPC upgrades like level scaling, mob characteristics and such.

I can understand that different individual raiders/etc. would have different levels of skill, and that different areas may contain different types of encounters, but to have the world present you with level-scaled enemies is too much "gamism" for me.
Why would a high level character get high-level encounters? Fame? So weak things avoid and strong things seek out for challenge? Well, I wouldn't mind having SOME of that factored into game.

Im not asking for super-realism, but standard MMO gimmicks designed to make the world revolve around the player annoy the hell out of me. The world should be itself, with opportunities to affect it (hopefully), but the player should have to deal with the world as it exists.
Walk around rat area, meet rats.

Maybe the background FEV contamination (noted in FO2 converstions on Oil Rig) gives rats/etc. a minor psychic power to affect nerves. (Like a tiny fraction of what the Master/etc. had in FO 1.)

This would explain a gun-dropping muscle spasm.
I wish there were bags, backpacks, etc. in Fonline.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.248 seconds with 23 queries.