"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • March 29, 2024, 01:40:16 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: FOnline Old-Fashion Music Mod  (Read 6815 times)

FOnline Old-Fashion Music Mod
« on: April 08, 2010, 10:17:03 pm »

Description:
I've made this modification because I think classic music fits well to Fallout universe (and so FOnline) - the mod replaces town and world map music to real songs converted to fallout music extension (acm) - laboratory and desert music remains untouched, there is no need for them here.

Code: [Select]
01hub.acm - "Jingle, Jangle, Jingle" by Kay Kyser and His Orchestra
03wrldmp.acm - "Big Foot Jump" by Bob Crosby (instrumental)
05raider.acm - "We Three (My Echo, My Shadow, and Me" by The Ink Spots
12junktn.acm - "Pistol Packin' Mama" by The Andrews Sisters and Bing Crosby
14necro.acm - "Boogie Woogie" by Tommy Dorsey and His Orchestra (instrumental)
17arroyo.acm - "God Told Nicodemus" by The Golden Gate Quartet
18modoc.acm - "Life is Just a Bowl of Cherries" by Bing Crosby, the Boswell Sisters, the Mills Brothers and Al Jolson
19reno.acm - "Dear Hearts and Gentle People" by Bob Crosby and the Bobcats
20car.acm - "Old Man Mose" by Louis Armstrong
22vcity.acm - "A Hundred and Sixty Acres" by Bing Crosby and the Andrews Sisters
23world.acm - "Beat Me Daddy, Eight to the Bar" by Will Bradley
24redd.acm - "Shortnin' Bread" by Johnny Mercer and The Ink Spots
Code: [Select]
Untouched files:
07desert.acm
08vats.acm
10labone.acm
13carvrn.acm
16follow.acm
wind1.acm
wind2.acm

Download link (If you enjoyed my mod, it would be nice you to reupload to other mirror):
1.0 - http://www.sendspace.com/file/jvw9rl

Installation:
Extract the archive to your Fonline\data\sound\music folder (Please backup original F2 music before!)

WARNING: New music may be louder than original F2 music so I prefer you to reduce the volume before playing

Any suggestions/thoughts/opinions/bug reports are welcome  ;) I hope you'll like it.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 10:22:40 pm by Varrok »

Graf

• "Next Day" developer
Re: FOnline Old-Fashion Music Mod
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2010, 11:58:23 am »

As for me, it looks very much in Fallout3-style, not in F1-F2 (or Fonline). In addittion to this, that music is... funny, and wasteland are not. And the last thing I mentioned, is that, if you want to put correct background music, it shold not consist any words, only a music, because when you enter different locations at the same city, it starts playing from the beginning again, and again and again. Which is annoying.
Despite all the shit above, I kinda like it. But wont be using it, sorry :)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 12:13:25 pm by Graf »

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2010, 12:04:59 pm »

I appreciate your work and afford, but I don't really like it. As said above, it smells to much like Fallout 3, where you can hear such kind of music everywhere. It's just overused. When hearing such tunes at the intro, more as an atmospheric moment it's fine. But not over the whole game. The music that was original in there (Mark Morgan's Work) is there for a reason. ;)

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2010, 12:19:29 pm »

or, you could just leave it here, it's all up to people's preferences actually, personally i just have my music player running in the background when FOnlining, sometimes even spotify.

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2010, 12:31:45 pm »

As for me, it looks very much in Fallout3-style, not in F1-F2 (or Fonline). In addittion to this, that music is... funny, and wasteland are not. And the last thing I mentioned, is that, if you want to put correct background music, it shold not consist any words, only a music, because when you enter different locations at the same city, it starts playing from the beginning again, and again and again. Which is annoying.
Well... it seems that you think the 30' and 40' was funny years - well, no - it was as good as our times (bad and brutal) - but all old music was optimistic, thats essential to them - and I think e.g. "Dear Hearts and Gentle People" song playing in New Reno has a lot of sarcasm.
Its also hard to find instrumental music for game...
I can't make more songs playing in 1 city... only if devs allow to do it.

PS: I hate F3
PS2: I've never thought that F2 music was bad - I just wanted to make FOnline more unique from it
PS3: I put music only in places where (usually) nobody got killed - cities, worldmap - i didn't put it in REs, deserts, because it doesn't fit to i
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 12:33:44 pm by Varrok »

Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2010, 01:36:07 pm »

Well... it seems that you think the 30' and 40' was funny years - well, no - it was as good as our times (bad and brutal) - but all old music was optimistic, thats essential to them - and I think e.g. "Dear Hearts and Gentle People" song playing in New Reno has a lot of sarcasm.
Its also hard to find instrumental music for game...
Oh, come on! I dont think so at all, because it was the time, when 27 MILLION PEOPLE from my country died during the war, and more that 10 MILLIONS are died because of repressions. But that topic is not about that... I gave you an advise, so, you could think about it...
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2010, 07:14:48 pm »

Hey Varrok,

Just wanted to give you positive feedback since there seems to be so much negative feedback.  I like the mod thanks!
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2010, 09:03:46 pm »

Thank you too :)

Schwartz

• Killed by death.
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2010, 06:18:16 pm »

I like this mod, thanks for that ;)

Stop always comparing Lemmy to God.
I mean...he's cool & stuff, but he's just not Lemmy.

reiisn0tmyname

• Keep Them eYes Open
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2010, 11:53:58 am »

Did you delete it?

delphius

• Fatum Iustum Stultorum
    • delphius @ deviantart
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2013, 10:25:37 am »

i am disappointed that this file is not there. it seems like a great idea. i have a wastelander playlist on grooveshark, but i would still like to hear your customized soundtrack.
"Once more into the breach, dear friend."
--Blood (A Boy and his Dog, 1974)
...actually, Delphius, that quote is from a Shakespeare play. From Shakespeare to A Boy and His Dog to Fallout.
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2013, 12:57:25 pm »

You filthy Gravedigger! :D

Well as you can see, nobody did a mirror for this file. And the fact that he was last active in august 2011 tells me it won't be uploaded again.
"But no matter how far a jackass may travel, it will never return as a horse."

delphius

• Fatum Iustum Stultorum
    • delphius @ deviantart
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2013, 10:04:21 am »

i guess that would make me a gravedigger. thank you for stating the obvious. i just wanted to express my sentiment in case this person might ever revisit the post. more like leaving flowers on the grave than digging it.
"Once more into the breach, dear friend."
--Blood (A Boy and his Dog, 1974)
...actually, Delphius, that quote is from a Shakespeare play. From Shakespeare to A Boy and His Dog to Fallout.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.176 seconds with 18 queries.