• Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Death  (Read 1958 times)

Re: Death
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2010, 11:11:17 am »

Absolutely insane idea. I can't image MMO which could be running with this, not under circumstances that are in the wasteland right now. Instead of punish dieing we should reward staying alive. For every level that one manage to stay alive without dieing he gets +2% xp bonus every time he gets xp (similar to swift learner). So at 10th lvl you would be getting +18% xp bonus every time you get xp IF you manage not to die at all. But for each death its -2% from this bonus and it will stop at 0.
But xp rates are pretty high already and reaching max level is way too easy imho and this will make it even faster so this whole punish/reward thingy might not be a good idea at all...
Really nice. And this:
But xp rates are pretty high already and reaching max level is way too easy imho and this will make it even faster so this whole punish/reward thingy might not be a good idea at all...
Easy to solve... Make XP rates less than now in many many times. So everyone will get more XP after non dying long time.
Changed nickname. This acc not in use anymore. Please, devs/mods/gms/ whoever, you can delete it.
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2010, 02:41:09 pm »

Two solutions for PKers:

1) After wipe create Wasteland Alliance which would include every faction so that nobody would fight and world peace would be achieved.
2) Killing players nets you negative bonus points. So sure, you can lolkill anyone or be a badass mofo faction, but each person you kill costs you -10% to all skills and increases your PK timeout by 30 minutes. It could stack infinitely.

Nerf PvP! Enforce TB! Player houses! Axe the economy!

As for making XP rates slower you are punishing everyone except the ones you want. Powerleveling PvP gunheads already say you can get to level 21 in three days. I've been playing for three weeks and in between the three character combinations I've tried I gained maybe enough experience points to be level 16.

EDIT:
The -10% penalty would disappear after timeout ends. So you can still kill people, but not stand at gates killing everyone for two hours.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 06:36:43 pm by blahblah »
<Izual> Let's crash server

gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2010, 02:48:14 pm »

or you could leave the system alone for gods sake, the battle and exp system is just fine imo, just focus to balance out the weapon types ought to be a priority, and to give most high-mid tier guns a use in pvp is what i think, there is no reason to punish pvp players with a bloody -10% to all skills just because of killing someone... honestly, there's always gonna be lolkillersuntil you can have fun with the game in all possible ways, in other words, there should be more to it than pvp after you hit the mark of chaos (lvl 21)

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2010, 05:46:57 pm »

This is the worst idea Ive ever read, honestly. Its highly abusable and frustrates people even more, losing equipment is enough. On the other hand I agree with the idea that death should be somehow punishable, not only losing stuff, because a lot of people tend to walk around naked in a city full of armored to the teeth players and doing something really stupid like disassembling stuff or kicking someone :).
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing

avv

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2010, 08:41:57 pm »

Instead of punish dieing we should reward staying alive. For every level that one manage to stay alive without dieing he gets +2% xp bonus every time he gets xp (similar to swift learner). So at 10th lvl you would be getting +18% xp bonus every time you get xp IF you manage not to die at all. But for each death its -2% from this bonus and it will stop at 0.

But what bonus should they get once they reach top level? That's where people fight most because their combat effectiveness is at its highest. Right now it is strongly encouraged to start exping an alt when top level is reached. Giving some efficient bonus from playing one character and keeping him alive would partially fix alt problem and encourage players to restrain from idiotic and suicidal actions.

One option would be that longer you stay alive and do various stuff, you gain reputation depending on your karma. If you're a bad person and do bad things and stay alive, you become a feared badass. Good characters become heroes of the people. But if you keep dying, you get disrespected loser status. The status would net better gear from npc factions, some temporary perks and so on. 

Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2010, 04:02:32 pm »

Coz: 5 big gangs armed and dangereous, leveled 21lvl killers
Rest: neverending 5lvl story, killed on sight each time, exp decrease, exp decrease, exp decrease..
And now what?
5 big gangs armed and dangereous, leveled 21lvl killers
Rest: killed on sight each time, stuff loss, stuff loss, stuff loss, and the understanding that you can't do ANYTHING: even if you manage to kill one of them, the rest will just take his stuff, wait for him to come, doc+fa and so he's back again and you "courage" turns into brahmin excrements. Till you finally reach 21lvl, then creating a new char. That's why i left FO 4 months ago.

losing equipment is enough.
As it's already said, loosing equipment is enough ONLY for (newbie) lone players and very weak gangs. I used to have tons on stuff, never mind how devs were trying to make the getting the stuff harder. It's when i was a lone player, then when i became a member of not the strongest gangs in a game, and stopped worrying about the stuff completely, so i stopped worrying about death, so i could do whatever i wanted to, chew bubble gum without ever running out of gum and so on.

I can't image MMO which could be running with this
I can't image comercial MMO wich could be running with this.
Obvious fix. 'Cause there were and there are lots of such MMO's and no one have died yet.

Xcuse my english
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 04:35:50 pm by tsagrippa »
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 22 queries.